Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

My first app to make decent use of OpenGL

Post by machf »

Here's a screenshot:

I'm glad it's finally working, turns out I had to move the subs further down for it to work properly... (yeah, it sounds silly, given that I had used DECLARE statements at the beginning and all, but...)

In case you're wondering, it's my Carnivores 1/2/Ice Age model editor, written in Rapid-Q, so far it didn't have 3D rendering capabilities. Right now it's only displaying the meshes as wireframes, but that's just because I was trying to get it to work first, I'll get it rendering the models fully textured (and the animations too) later on...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: My first app to make decent use of OpenGL

Post by Second Illiteration »

neat
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hey, anytime you can get opengl implemented it's a triumph. I'm still reading documentation on it from time to time, haven't even tried using the lib. as of yet.

Has anyone ever made any progress on carnivore's sourcecode?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What kind of progress? I've used it to get the (few) details I was missing from the file formats, and I've also browsed through it to understand how the game works, but if you mean recompiling it, well, other than alacn doing that to make his patches some time ago, no. Eventually I'll give it a try.
Part of the problem is that it hasn't been possible to contact Action Forms anymore, very few people got the source code and it isn't too clear if it's possible for us to give it to other people for modding or not...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Never heard of that game before :o . OpenGL though is not that difficult. You just have to keep in mind that it's a "state machine" in contrary to DirectX. There are quite good pages around the net so keep looking ( I could post one but I doubt many here understand German :lol: ).
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

As a matter of fact, I do. You'd be surprised to find out how many people on this forum actually speak German...
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Well then... this is the link of interest. As mentioned in German but a well made and easy to follow page. Just search for the calls you need and check out the infos. Helped me a lot with some more specific things I had to accomplish for my project.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Thanks for the link...

After several headaches trying to get the textures to be displayed properly, here are the results:

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Pretty neat looking machf! 8)

I'm going to have to dig out and reinstall Carnivores 2 again...
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"