TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:55 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)
No problem! I won't be anywhere near the embryo storage. Plus it is practically impossible to reach unless I learn how to fly. There is a big hole in the Visitor Center so I can't even make my way to my desk in the security center. Now where did I put that Barbasol can? LOL! Everything is cool so far. My only problems are that a lot of surfaces don't have collision on them. So sometimes I die because I fall through the platforms that I thought were solid. Also I can't find any guns or weapons, is this intentional or am I just blind? I just wish I could find a gun to protect myself. I would rather not be blind and paralyzed by a dilophosaurus again.

_________________
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Image
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:35 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Heh, hmm... TI, did your improved spas ever make it into Helipad?

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:50 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
DennisNedry wrote:
No problem! I won't be anywhere near the embryo storage. Plus it is practically impossible to reach unless I learn how to fly. There is a big hole in the Visitor Center so I can't even make my way to my desk in the security center. Now where did I put that Barbasol can? LOL! Everything is cool so far. My only problems are that a lot of surfaces don't have collision on them. So sometimes I die because I fall through the platforms that I thought were solid.

:D Glad to hear it!
The lack of collision is simply due to me not bothering to make physics objects. I'd planned on doing so later on and focusing on the overall world design first. Unfortunately this results in a lot of interesting stuff being generally useless.

Quote:
Also I can't find any guns or weapons, is this intentional or am I just blind? I just wish I could find a gun to protect myself. I would rather not be blind and paralyzed by a dilophosaurus again.

Come on, Draco gave you a gun in East Dock, what more could you ask for? :P
Nah but seriously, there aren't any weapons anywhere in the level from what I remember, except the basement. There also aren't any enemies so hopefully it isn't too big a problem. You can however find a few new weapons (including the SPAS Draco mentioned) and such in the RTJP~testing level, which works without TresEd.

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 pm 
Offline
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:55 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)
TheIdiot wrote:
:D Glad to hear it!
The lack of collision is simply due to me not bothering to make physics objects. I'd planned on doing so later on and focusing on the overall world design first. Unfortunately this results in a lot of interesting stuff being generally useless.


Ah that makes sense. You did your best, I am proud of what you accomplished. Hopefully in the future we will have a fully functional Jurassic Park with enemies and weapons to find. It is my dream to play a Jurassic Park game where we can explore the original park and maybe get it back up and running again!

Quote:
Come on, Draco gave you a gun in East Dock, what more could you ask for? :P
Nah but seriously, there aren't any weapons anywhere in the level from what I remember, except the basement. There also aren't any enemies so hopefully it isn't too big a problem. You can however find a few new weapons (including the SPAS Draco mentioned) and such in the RTJP~testing level, which works without TresEd.


Well the gun Draco gave me I used already. I had to empty the entire clip to kill the Dilophosaurus. I was super lucky because I couldn't see a thing after being sprayed in the eyes. :P

So how do we access the RTJP test level? Also this final build is a whole lot different than the build I played before. I was expecting the final build to have guns and weapons like the previous builds. What made you completely change the way the level was designed? Because I couldn't even find any cars either. What latest build would you recommend playing that has weapons and enemies in it? I want to be able to shoot some of the dinos, because it gets boring just exploring an empty world. It kind of reminds me of Myst, LOL! But yeah I want to try out your latest build that has weapons as well as enemies.

_________________
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Image
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
DennisNedry wrote:
So how do we access the RTJP test level? Also this final build is a whole lot different than the build I played before. I was expecting the final build to have guns and weapons like the previous builds. What made you completely change the way the level was designed? Because I couldn't even find any cars either. What latest build would you recommend playing that has weapons and enemies in it? I want to be able to shoot some of the dinos, because it gets boring just exploring an empty world. It kind of reminds me of Myst, LOL! But yeah I want to try out your latest build that has weapons as well as enemies.

You can get to the test level using the level load cheat in the main menu. The level is called "RTJP~testing". There is also "RTJP~Prologue" which is playable but doesn't have much to do (but does feature a nifty little cutscene). "RTJP~Panama" is highly incomplete but does contain a rough depiction of Panama City, which was to be the setting of one of the pre-Nublar levels. "RTJP~base" is TresEd-only but is the most complete Nublar level as this was the one I was planning on building everything in before porting it all to RTJP~Helipad. I highly recommend you check this out in TresEd for the most complete vision of the Isla Nublar map.

There aren't any more recent "builds", this is the final version. The one you're referring to with weapons and enemies is long outdated - I'd scrapped it in favour of this new one. The mod had been completely restarted a few years ago when I realized putting the entire island in one level was impossible. There aren't any dinosaurs or weapons about because I had wanted to complete the actual level design first before adding in weapons, enemies and scripting. Same goes for lack of vehicles. All of these things would eventually have been added in, but I never got to that stage of development. Had everything actually been completed as intended, there would have been a lot more gameplay-wise than just exploring the world.
If you want to know what I'd had outlined for Helipad, I suggest you read the spoiler in the first post here: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... 47&t=11474. It contains the complete summary of the plans I'd had for RTJP~Helipad. You can read this with RTJP~base open in TresEd if you want a slightly better idea of what is being described as most of what is described is there.
And if you find this at all interesting to read (I don't blame you if you find it long-winded, you'll see that Draco felt the same way :P ), I also posted the plot summary for the rest of the RTJP levels which will give you an idea of what the entire mod could have been. https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... 47&t=11552

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
The level load cheat is CTRL + SHFT + Q + W - W. And, it is possible to use the FLY cheat to move about the level with a bit more speed, at such times you find yourself in the empty in-between areas.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:07 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Played this again a bit. Really like that underground facility by the herbivore pond. It speaks a lot of the vision the mod was. I feel like a bit of it can be tasted from inside. And I am again overwhealmed by all those trees...

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:13 pm 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
Draconisaurus wrote:
Played this again a bit. Really like that underground facility by the herbivore pond. It speaks a lot of the vision the mod was. I feel like a bit of it can be tasted from inside. And I am again overwhealmed by all those trees...

I'm glad to hear it. That particular building, the Central Pump Station, is one of my favourites, even if it's heavily unfinished - it took a lot of inspiration from the JP ride in Hollywood. It gives a bit of an insight into what I'd planned for the underground tunnels as well since it was meant to have connections to them. Kinda wish I'd actually finished and implemented the puzzle for that area as there were some elements of it I really enjoyed.
Designing original buildings for RTJP was one of my favourite things to do as it was a break from trying to get all these details right...there was a certain freedom to it that was otherwise missing from the rest of the level since everything had to be designed around the specific layout of the island. I'm really happy with what I managed to get finished, especially the East Dock buildings.

...I just remembered, did I ever put the Ferris Wheel in any of the released levels? Should be up on the ridge west of the VC. That's another of my favourite models.

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
I don't remember a ferris wheel. Your levels are a bit too much for me all at once, I can check sometime in the future...

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:27 pm 
Online
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:54 pm
Posts: 226
Location: North America
TheIdiot wrote:
...I just remembered, did I ever put the Ferris Wheel in any of the released levels? Should be up on the ridge west of the VC. That's another of my favourite models.


No, I don't think the ferris wheel is in there, however the HD textures for it were included in the final release. Do you still have it lying around? I think something like that would be perfect for a future custom level :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:54 pm 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
TrespasserGuy wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
...I just remembered, did I ever put the Ferris Wheel in any of the released levels? Should be up on the ridge west of the VC. That's another of my favourite models.


No, I don't think the ferris wheel is in there, however the HD textures for it were included in the final release. Do you still have it lying around? I think something like that would be perfect for a future custom level :mrgreen:

Yeah, I definitely still have the model somewhere, it might be in one of the RTJP backups. It wasn't 100% finished though, the actual ferris wheel was done but the platform the ride stood on was not. Still could work as inaccessible background scenery I guess.

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:21 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Hmm, or build the rest TptDac style.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:55 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Just had a visit to "jpark.scn". Normally it crashes ingame... It's been ages since I played it and this time I tried it in minimum quality mode. It worked! Super software pixelness. I walked out through some foliage and dinos into a neat plains-fence refit gate, then found what looked like an odd alter-geo-plant place. Then I found a dead end. I have some plan to explore more in the future, that's it for now...

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:19 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
Draconisaurus wrote:
Just had a visit to "jpark.scn". Normally it crashes ingame... It's been ages since I played it and this time I tried it in minimum quality mode. It worked! Super software pixelness. I walked out through some foliage and dinos into a neat plains-fence refit gate, then found what looked like an odd alter-geo-plant place. Then I found a dead end. I have some plan to explore more in the future, that's it for now...

Oh man, jpark.scn? I forgot all about that one...the RTJP adventure began right there, specifically at the Main Gate area. That level holds the record for most complete Nublar recreation, though it's not very accurate. I'm glad you're checking it out, though! Even though it's not up to my current standards, I'm really proud of the work I did on it all those years ago - a lot of the non-film areas in that level managed to carry their concepts over all the way to the final 2019 RTJP.

There are a LOT of different routes to take in the level, so you might miss something if you're doing a complete exploration. I believe the area you're referring to was originally meant to be the Nublar geo plant (which is why it follows a Pine Valley-esque area), but eventually the Telltale game came out and rendered that idea obsolete. The dams were meant to indicate that this was instead the Hydroelectric Plant, if I remember correctly.

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Neat... Sounds like I have a lot of exploring to do then.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group