The Fate of RTJP (Final Release Download in First Post!)

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: The Fate of RTJP (Final Release Download in First Post!)

Post by TheIdiot »

Oh, Draco - I forgot to say, jpark should work fine in CE with full settings, so long as you don't use any draw distance improvement settings or things like that. It was originally made for ATX, though, and if I remember correctly it contains working spitters for ATX. If you go into TresEd you'll notice that the player starts far away from the map and is teleported to the start - this was because ATX crashed if I tried starting her nearby anything. You still might get crashes around the "Visitor Center" though, since it's made of like a bazillion building-block objects.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Duely noted! Too bad puzzles aren't in place...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sooooo I still haven't ever seen RTJP's fabled menu on the screen, nor have I heard anyone talk about it. I didn't see it when watching someone else stream the game on the Discord. The other day I tried myself to sprint using SHIFT, to no success. Perhaps the squirrel script wasn't put through enough tests before Lee left?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

...LordKrit streamed multiple versions of RTJP for the holiday yesterday. It was fun! AND the HUD was working, how I don't know... I forgot to ask him to test sprinting. The stream was rather laggy and objects kept popping in and out of view; whether this happens without him actively streaming I'm not sure. But he said he prefers the version of RTJP prior to the last one, due to it being more complete and less full of detail as I recall. I came in as he was turning on the power in the shed; by the time the video stabilized he was on to the Raptor Pen. I only saw a brief glimpse of the power terminal Ellie switches on; I had no idea the shed was in one of your releases! Does it have the full architecture seen in the movie? How does turning it on affect the game?
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

Draconisaurus wrote:He said he prefers the version of RTJP prior to the last one, due to it being more complete and less full of detail as I recall.
Correct! While I love how detailed the new version of RTJP, I felt many locations were too sparsed around the map. Also, I heavily found the paths confusing to get to places and ended up using the 'tnext' cheat to get around the map. The 2014-2017 version did feel more complete in my eyes.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sooooo I still haven't ever seen RTJP's fabled menu on the screen, nor have I heard anyone talk about it. I didn't see it when watching someone else stream the game on the Discord.
Are you referring to the game menu? The one with the sunset over the island and the logo? Or the one that comes up when you hit escape? Odd that it isn't working...
The other day I tried myself to sprint using SHIFT, to no success. Perhaps the squirrel script wasn't put through enough tests before Lee left?
I have absolutely no idea unfortunately. But it does sound like something might be going wrong on your end.
Draconisaurus wrote:...LordKrit streamed multiple versions of RTJP for the holiday yesterday.
Damn, wish I could have watched! Finally someone plays through one of my levels and I have no way of seeing it!
I came in as he was turning on the power in the shed; by the time the video stabilized he was on to the Raptor Pen. I only saw a brief glimpse of the power terminal Ellie switches on; I had no idea the shed was in one of your releases! Does it have the full architecture seen in the movie? How does turning it on affect the game?
Uh...I have no idea what version this is referring to. I don't recall ever adding the actual generators in any version of RTJP, let alone the shed.
...wait, if this is the oldEST version, the one with the building-block VC, that one does have the shed (in building-block form) and generator. I don't believe I ever set up the generator properly to do anything - it's probably got hppav's scripting that allows you to work it like in the movie, though.
There is a script in RTJP version 2 (the one where you start with the green helicopter flying away) that would enable the lights and stuff to come on upon restarting the generator, even though the generator isn't in the level.
TheKritter71 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:He said he prefers the version of RTJP prior to the last one, due to it being more complete and less full of detail as I recall.
Correct! While I love how detailed the new version of RTJP, I felt many locations were too sparsed around the map. Also, I heavily found the paths confusing to get to places and ended up using the 'tnext' cheat to get around the map. The 2014-2017 version did feel more complete in my eyes.
Yeah, unfortunately Isla Nublar according to the material I've assembled is really spaced-out. That being said the final version would certainly have been superior in a finished format, since you would have had way more to do and see, as well as objectives and story pieces to keep you entertained in-between the more recognizable parts. Again I refer to the walkthrough - you can see exactly what is missing there. The final release is only a shadow of what it could have been.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I was indeed referring to the HUD, sorry. LordKrit's Thursday stream did have it. I do believe CE squirrel scripts work or not depending on computer and/or settings...

Hmm, hopefully Kritter can illuminate on the generator part. It had a Raptor Pen with a fair amount of foliage in the area, I believe terrain textures from hppav, and the doors of the explorers by the JP gate fell off.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Hmm, hopefully Kritter can illuminate on the generator part. It had a Raptor Pen with a fair amount of foliage in the area, I believe terrain textures from hppav, and the doors of the explorers by the JP gate fell off.
Sounds like RTJP version 2 (islanublar.scn)...that would have been the first one to have hppav's VC in it. In which case that one has a very rough mock model of the shed in it on the other side of the compound from the Raptor Pen. Version 3 also has that mock shed model. The only one with the generators is version 1 (jpark.scn). The interior of the bunker is outside the map; you are teleported to it when you enter. It's all made of building blocks, since I didn't really know how to model at the time.

Just to clarify:
Version 1 = jpark.scn, 2009-2013
Version 2 = islanublar.scn, 2013-2014
Version 3 = rtjp~nublar.scn, 2014-2017
Final Version = rtjp~base/rtjp~helipad, 2017-2020
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

TheIdiot wrote:Edit:
As of 8-May-2020, RTJP has ceased development. A massive thanks to everyone who helped out, contributed and supported the mod in its development!

Everything in this mod may be used freely within other Trespasser projects. If you want to use RTJP assets outside of Trespasser, please ask me first.
Have fun!
-TheIdiot
Hi @The_Idiot

As you know, I have been developing my Trespasser mod in GTA SA for years and you have been a potential contributor to my mod along with other members of this forum. I would like to know that I can still use some of your models, as I mentioned a long time ago, you have a front row position in the credits.

I hope to continue with your support.
Thank you very much for your time and for your effort.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey again, xelono. I appreciate you asking beforehand! You can definitely use RTJP's models in your mod. Just be aware that a few of the models belong to hppav as well, so it might be a good idea to credit him as well.