Introductory Levels: Prologue, ?, ?, Development

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Introductory Levels: Prologue, ?, ?, Development

Post by TheIdiot »

TheKritter71 wrote:I've been gone awhile, how is progress?
Going slow, Krit. I've been super busy and only now found some time to do a bit of work, but it's all modelling stuff still. I'm trying to get a few buildings done for the main locations you'll visit in Prologue as well as finish that level since it's very short and won't take too long.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
The perimeter road passes through occasional outcroppings of jungle despite its proximity to the many beaches and cliffsides which dominate the shores of Isla Nublar. In similar intervals, signposts lead toward the scattered landmarks of Jurassic Park, although many of these posts have not survived the years of storms which have pummeled the island.

I just realized my last post was extremely long ago, so here's a new image I was able to muster up from one of the playable levels!

There has been plenty of progress on the base level, which contains the entire island, but unfortunately due to a bunch of hasty SWP importing the base level is unplayable (not that it would be playable much longer anyway, the base level is at 38000 objects when combining the areas from Helipad and Prolouge. It's looking like a finished RTJP level - aside from the small Prologue - will come in at about 40000 objects average, possibly even nearing 50000!). I don't like taking screenshots in TresEd, hence the lack of screens, but I can assure you there are plenty of additional locations which haven't even been glimpsed yet around the island.
Right now, I'm working on an overhaul of all the rocks on the island. Up to this point, I'd been using a bunch of excessively high-poly rock models which lacked physics and had ugly textures, so for a while now I've been avoiding placing more rocks in anticipation of the overhaul. I'm now using the complete collection of TC Anthology rocks, re-textured and re-named to fit the levels. An entire day was spent doing this as well as giving all of the rocks proper physics objects in order to avoid them colliding where they shouldn't be. I hope to get the rock overhaul done soon and keep filling out the areas which are held back by this - Helipad's play area is really starting to near completion, with the only areas which are untouched being those around the unmodelled buildings. Unfortunately, due to the discovery of the transparent object crash, I'll also have to go back and move some trees around, particularily in the central plains...I'd been wondering why the game was crashing there!
On the plus side, Rebel has come to the rescue with a pretty cool new model which I have yet to show. I've added him to the RTJP mod team due to this contribution as well as any other things he might come up with along the way. Hopefully we can get more of the remaining models out and start porting the base level over to the playable levels so I can show some of the new stuff!
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Glad to see some updates to this mod as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing some screens when you carry over into the playable level! I'm astonished at how far this project has come along since your first announcement on this forum. I was in my last year of middle school when I saw the first RTJP post and now I'm a sophomore in college :o It's crazy how the years have gone by while following this mod's development. :P
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TrespasserGuy wrote:Glad to see some updates to this mod as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing some screens when you carry over into the playable level! I'm astonished at how far this project has come along since your first announcement on this forum. I was in my last year of middle school when I saw the first RTJP post and now I'm a sophomore in college :o It's crazy how the years have gone by while following this mod's development. :P
Trespasser was the first game I really got into modding back when I was 11. I'm 23 now - I believe that makes RTJP 10 years old since the very first version, the old "jpark" level (though that was long before I made anything public). It feels like RTJP has been around forever, which is probably why I just keep going back after the various life interruptions which happen in-between.
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

I feel like I've been waiting for this mod forever but I am still super hyped for when its ready
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I remember when JPDS was in development hell. I guess RTJP have overtaking that pretty well, but as long as it is worked on, I have no issues. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha damn, really longer than JPDS??? I thought that was impossible :-o