Level 1: RTJP~Helipad Development

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Level 1: RTJP~Helipad Development

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Did you keep in mind the OTHER limit - only 200 vertices per bone when rigging a CAnimate object? And you don't get to use ALL of Anne's 22 bones, either...
I think the count is low enough, as her arm isn't very high-poly. I can always reduce it if need be. Most of the polys are converged around the face and body.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow, impressive.

What are these CEntityAttached upgrades you speak of?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

What are these CEntityAttached upgrades you speak of?
Evidently, Lee made it so you can add a line to a T-script on a CEntityAttached that prevents the object from being used as the heart instead of the actual heart, among other things. I believe the value is "bool Attach = true".
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm. Sounds useful.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Not far from the helipad at the other end of the valley, this stream winds its way from the base of the massive waterfall all the way out to the coast. The stream plunges over a series of increasingly impressive waterfalls, expanding in depth and size as it winds toward an impressive vista, looked over by the unfinished Vista View restaraunt.

The bridge is something of a placeholder as it is meant to be damaged to the point of being impassible, but I haven't made damaged models yet, and it looks nice this way. :P It's actually a set of three modular pieces designed to bridge any small to medium-sized gap, with end cap segments and a middle piece that can be used multilple times to extend your bridge - one of my major goals when making any generic model like this is to make sure others can use it for other purposes in their own levels once RTJP~Helipad is released.

Oh yeah, there's meant to be a location trigger that spawns splashing water particles around the rock in the middle of the falls, but I was just outside its firing distance. Also there's an animated toucan flying around somewhere who passes through this area, but I missed him flying by when I took this.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking good! Splashing Tres-particles for rapids, yet another feature we've added to Trespasser...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The Visitor Center's lobby is in ruins following the Isla Nublar incident. Vines and vegetation break through the rotting interior, and the construction materials remain in the same places they stood five years ago. A faint breeze echoes through the abandoned halls, and a tropical bird circles the cavernous rotunda, chirping madly at the sudden intruder. "It's like everyone just disappeared. A moment frozen in time," remarks Diane, as she steps through the front door and spies the tattered, dirty banner visible beneath the piles of dead leaves. "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" reads the banner - a chilling hint at the struggle that brought down the massive skeletons of the embattled alamosaurus and the tyrannosaurus.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Damn, your narration or your screen, not sure which is better :|
It looks great! 'Cept I still see those 2D vines ;)

So uhh... What are the chances of you getting a female voice actress for RTJP?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

It looks great! 'Cept I still see those 2D vines ;)
Damn, I knew I forgot to do something! AGH! I spent a couple of hours today making all sorts of minor props that you can't even see in the screenshot, and I forgot the bloody vines!
So uhh... What are the chances of you getting a female voice actress for RTJP?
It's really all up to luck. It's hard to find a lady who's willing to offer voice acting for anything, let alone a Trespasser mod, and even harder to find one who suits the role of Diane. Doesn't help that pretty much everyone on my block is a college-age fratboy, either. I've heard plenty of wonderful voices done by female fans in my Skyrim time, but you rarely ever find anyone who sounds older than 20-25 - most of them try to sound overly cute or sexy, to be honest, which isn't at all what I'm looking for. Diane is 31, and she has a voice that's as tough as her sarcastic, no-nonsense personality. At the moment, the few voice lines she has (for jumping, death, running out of ammo, etc) were taken from another game as placeholders. That voice is suiting, but there's only so much you can do with the limited dialogue from another game, sadly. :? And even once we get a voice actress for Diane, there are still two other main characters who need decent voice actors, and a few other minor roles...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Damn. Perhaps there are ways to expand your search which you haven't thought of...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Damn. Perhaps there are ways to expand your search which you haven't thought of...
There likely are. In any case, we don't need voice actors quite yet, the level's still only about 20% finished. Perhaps if we ever do get voice actors, we can include the voice overs in the final big release that I plan on doing which includes all of the levels in one package. For the moment, it looks like we may have to go with overlay text, sadly. :?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You can always use a male voice actor and then use filters to distort the voice and make it sound like a female's...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:You can always use a male voice actor and then use filters to distort the voice and make it sound like a female's...
A good suggestion, but having done voice acting professionally a couple of times in the past, I can safely say it just doesn't sound right when you convert a guy to a girl, or vice-versa (although women are sometimes hired to do the voices of young boys - example: Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson, or Pamela Adlon as Bobby Hill - since young boys have higher-pitched voices that sound faintly girlish). It's something about the bassieness and the inflection that sounds different. You can tell when it's a guy doing a girl voice, even if you modify it, because of the way that men speak. Incidentally (and rather strangely, if I might add), I can do a fairly good impression of Princess Peach, but even if you pitch it up a bit to make it sound even more accurate, you can still tell the actor is male due to the rumble of the diaphragm.

Ultimately, I think it's going to have to be a tough-sounding, mature woman, or subtitles.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

You could hire voice actors. You could potentially have someone here who could record voice stuff.

Or perhaps you could find someone on youtube whose audio is of higher quality and ask them to do it....or just rip their audio and edit it to say what you like.

OR....use AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVPsT4fLH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3l4XLZ59iw
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

Do not worry my friends, I heard you were having actress problems. I so happen to run the voice acting group 'Everest Productions' which mostly consists my of voice actor peers. I've felt a specific actress might be in your favor. She is one of the most mature members of the group, and also my recent MVP for her organizational efforts in balancing voice actors and roles. I asked her if she was interested and she said she wouldn't mind seeing the details. For now, I'm having her run and practice through some of Ann's dialogue for a audition. I also have potentially another option if the one I've asked isn't accepted.