Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by Draconisaurus »

Let me know how it goes!
And I do suggest holding onto the test level for a while. It's neat in that you can keep working on it as you complete the main level, and eventually you'll have this neat extra thing to release. I think I released multiple versions of JPDS~testing... You do want to be careful that you are not spoiling too much of the main attraction's content, potentially decreasing its value there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Finally, it's update time! :P
Haven't really got too much to show at the moment since I've been totally bogged down with real life, but there has been progress made on RTJP. The test level is coming along nicely, and to give you guys an idea of what RTJP will look like, I've got an in-editor screenshot. Haven't been able to get screenshots in Tres CE for some reason, so you won't see the new sky, bumpmaps or high-res textures (which look totally different and awesome, by the way), but here's a glimpse of some of the new terrain and flora to be seen on Isla Nublar:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Remember, this is all very WIP! Isla Nublar itself is being worked on as well, but I'm going to hold off on the screenshots in that department. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking good! Seems your modeling skills are shining through brightly in the new-plant department.

As for screenshots... Definitely ask Lee about that. Ingame screens are important :?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Do you have TresCE running as administrator? If you have it in a write protected folder without that option then it cannot save or save screenshots.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

hppav wrote:Do you have TresCE running as administrator? If you have it in a write protected folder without that option then it cannot save or save screenshots.
Uum...*checks* Nope. I switched it on, I'll have to see if it works. Right now the problem is that it does save screenshots, but they come out 100% white. Like the bmp file is the right resolution and everything, but the entire image is white. It worked fine on my other computer, too.
Draconisaurus wrote:Looking good! Seems your modeling skills are shining through brightly in the new-plant department.

As for screenshots... Definitely ask Lee about that. Ingame screens are important :?
Thanks, Drac. :) I've been trying to do some larger trees and such, but I just can't quite get the look down. Any tips? Also, I'll PM Lee if Sam's fix doesn't work.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Uum...*checks* Nope. I switched it on, I'll have to see if it works. Right now the problem is that it does save screenshots, but they come out 100% white. Like the bmp file is the right resolution and everything, but the entire image is white. It worked fine on my other computer, too.
I used to have the same problem. The admin rights was not the problem, and I didn't know what it was, now they work fine however. I think it might have been that I had changed the settings on my graphic card, in the control center, cause those settings were also messing up TresEd for me.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Uum...*checks* Nope. I switched it on, I'll have to see if it works. Right now the problem is that it does save screenshots, but they come out 100% white. Like the bmp file is the right resolution and everything, but the entire image is white. It worked fine on my other computer, too.
I used to have the same problem. The admin rights was not the problem, and I didn't know what it was, now they work fine however. I think it might have been that I had changed the settings on my graphic card, in the control center, cause those settings were also messing up TresEd for me.
Hmm...problems with TresEd, you say? Like the boxes for location and FPS being white with no numbers? I've been having that problem for a while and wondered why it didn't work... :|
Do you know what settings you changed? I have a crappy old AMD Radeon 5500 HD and I'm using 1360x768 resolution on a TV, if it helps.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Hmm...problems with TresEd, you say? Like the boxes for location and FPS being white with no numbers? I've been having that problem for a while and wondered why it didn't work... :|
Do you know what settings you changed? I have a crappy old AMD Radeon 5500 HD and I'm using 1360x768 resolution on a TV, if it helps.
No, I wasn't able to click on any objects in TresEd. I'm not sure, but if you have some kind of graphic control, like a Control Center or something, try disable or reset everything. I have an ATI card so I dunno.
As for the location and FPS. Seems to be a problem with more modern windows or/and graphic cards, and I know no fix for it, other than disable your graphic card lol.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Hmm...problems with TresEd, you say? Like the boxes for location and FPS being white with no numbers? I've been having that problem for a while and wondered why it didn't work... :|
No, I wasn't able to click on any objects in TresEd. I'm not sure, but if you have some kind of graphic control, like a Control Center or something, try disable or reset everything. I have an ATI card so I dunno.
As for the location and FPS. Seems to be a problem with more modern windows or/and graphic cards, and I know no fix for it, other than disable your graphic card lol.
Alright, I'll try it out, thanks for the help. :) And sorry, I meant ATI Radeon, heh heh. I have control center, so I'll check it out.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:
Alright, I'll try it out, thanks for the help. :) And sorry, I meant ATI Radeon, heh heh. I have control center, so I'll check it out.
If that doesn't work, then it's because of the ATI Radeon card. Could also be 64-bit windows too if you have it. Dunno :P

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu
Yeah, I have a 64-bit OS. I'll be getting a new computer...soon-ish I hope, I'll be running a modern NVidia card instead. Wonder if that will make any difference.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Ech, double post...
BUT! Good news! As I stated in the update, I can now take screens in Tres CE. Here are a couple of glory shots for you, showcasing the new textures, bumpmaps, sky and models:
Click on Image
Click on Image
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Are those high-rez textures too? Man that bumpmapping makes everything really look sharp!
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Slugger wrote:Are those high-rez textures too? Man that bumpmapping makes everything really look sharp!
Some high-res textures, and yep, got bump and specular mapping all over the place! Not everything will be high-res, but important or heavily used textures will be. :mrgreen:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Screens aforementioned in Weekly Update:

The short bridge linking the VC area to the rest of the compound and the tour road. I think it will be broken and collapsed as in the previous RTJP version.
Click on Image
Visitor Center lobby. I'm using Sam's new skeleton meshes this time around, though I might need to make some new ones for the spine and tail of the T. Rex. You can also see my final brachiosaur mural in the background, as well as all the new textures for the walls and various structures. I'm also using a new HD banner texture, which you might notice if you take a good look at it on the floor.
Click on Image
Here's an example of some of the finer details, such as grass poking up through cracked asphalt and around edges of buildings. I find that this kind of thing adds a lot to the overall look and makes everything seem older and more overrun.
Click on Image
And finally, a shot of an outer perimeter gate (as seen at the Helipad) and the surrounding area. You can make out some of the new tree meshes here, though I don't remember the species at the moment. Just above the camera is a Royal Poinciana, a blossoming tree. They are all still rather low-poly, with their counts only exceeding default Tres trees by about 50.
Click on Image
There are two other images on the update post, so be sure to give them a look if you haven't already. :)