The Fate of RTJP (Final Release Download in First Post!)

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: The Fate of RTJP (Final Release Download in First Post!)

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks, Kritter, and you're welcome. I'm eager to hear your thoughts.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

Looked through the levels real quick with TresEd (as best as I could because TresEd runs like crap on this laptop). Lots of great work went into this, you definitely got a lot further than I ever have.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That sounds just like the laptop I was having to use while I managed to get a new HDD...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I've managed to force gmax to work, something the flight sim community couldn't but they have to use one of those gmax game packs, think that was there issue. At this point I think I may be one of the last few still using it lol. TresEd acts all wonky though, can't highlight what I am clicking on, bad framerate. Will have to play around with the compatibility settings, might find something that fixes it in there. Got Trespasser and Trespasser CE working on it at least so that's a plus. Minecraft wants to kill this computer anytime I use it, especially in a larger world like that new Jurassic World release they did. Played around for a little bit but it's not very playable with the lag.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

hppav wrote:Looked through the levels real quick with TresEd (as best as I could because TresEd runs like crap on this laptop). Lots of great work went into this, you definitely got a lot further than I ever have.
Hey, hppav! Long time no see! :D

I'm glad to hear you liked it! Any further thoughts on my version of Isla Nublar? I know your CloudIsland level was quite different.
And remember that we wouldn't have gotten half as far without your work...still to this day I have no idea how you managed to get the VC looking as good as it is. :wink:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

There certainly is no wrong way to do Nublar IMHO. Your version is very interesting. Plenty of details to keep things interesting. My lappy doesn't seem to like me looking in the direction of the Visitor Center when I spent a few minutes playing the Helipad level. Think that's a TresCE settings issue, might need to tweak some stuff in the trespasser.ini. Love the new vegetation and the terrain sculpting is on point! I'll play around with it some more later when I have more time.
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

I bow to you TheIdiot I was looking for the day when the RTJP be completed. I'm sorry it had to happen :cry: It's very difficult and I know how hard it is to do something like that. Even so, I definitely applaud you for the incredible energy you put into it.!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As with JPDS, sometimes our eyes are bigger that our time resources etc. Bringing massive Tres concepts into being, or rather the attempt to, is something TresCom is learning very slowly. In particular, the heart of a project might not survive long enough to the finish, if one doesn't stay in awards. For this reason I support smaller projects.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Melber wrote:I bow to you TheIdiot I was looking for the day when the RTJP be completed. I'm sorry it had to happen :cry: It's very difficult and I know how hard it is to do something like that. Even so, I definitely applaud you for the incredible energy you put into it.!
Thanks, Melber! One of these days another completed Isla Nublar mod is due, but if I have anything to do with it, it'll definitely be much, much smaller in scale so it can actually be completed.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I wonder what other sorts might be made. Years ago I remember pitching the idea to a friend, about a "Raptor Run" level where you play as Ellie, running from Muldoon's Raptor-stalk location to the Maintenance Shed. The goal would be to survive against various obstacles, perhaps including Raptor attack, jump-puzzles, etc. I could see turning on the power being put into the level, too.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I wonder what other sorts might be made. Years ago I remember pitching the idea to a friend, about a "Raptor Run" level where you play as Ellie, running from Muldoon's Raptor-stalk location to the Maintenance Shed. The goal would be to survive against various obstacles, perhaps including Raptor attack, jump-puzzles, etc. I could see turning on the power being put into the level, too.
'
Yeah, I've also thought of re-creating a scene from the movie as a small level as well. Sort of like a pseudo-sequel to East Dock. I like the sound of Ellie running to the shed as a level, though of course we lack a shed model!

There have been a couple of times as well where I've thought about recreating part of the T. Rex attack scene shot-for-shot using extensive ASA animations, sort of as a demonstration of what I'd planned for the cutscenes of RTJP...the only models I'd be missing for that would be the actual characters themselves, and of course the many, many frames for the animated models.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I could wear I've seen the shed model partly-commpleted in a level somewhere... hmm. TI, your dreams are still massive! Also important is focus and resource awareness. :statue:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I could wear I've seen the shed model partly-commpleted in a level somewhere...
hppav released some early renders of it quite some time ago, but as far as I know the only element of the shed anyone's put in a level is the generator itself. One of the old RTJPs also had some very rough models of the exterior buildings, but those are outdated at this point.
hmm. TI, your dreams are still massive! Also important is focus and resource awareness. :statue:
Yeah, there's a reason I haven't actually tried making this. I feel like I'd get the first couple of shots down and then be like "oh man, it's taking 8 hours per animation". Sort of like the original CGI artists of Jurassic Park...I remember hearing that it took something like 24 hours to render 10 frames or something insane like that at the time.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

Sorry to hear that this project has been canceled. I was really looking forward to playing a completed RTJP level. But thank you for releasing everything you have completed so far. I can't wait to explore all of the levels that are completed! Thank you so much for making your best effort in creating something unique and fun to explore and play. Once one dream dies, another is born! I hope one day someone can take your work and finish what you started. Just like John Hammond's dream of Jurassic Park, someone will breathe new life into it and your hard work will live on!

I wish you luck in all of your future endeavors! Shared no expense! :ebiggrin:
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks, DennisNedry. Hopefully someone finds use for all of the junk I made for this level. :)
If you're going to be exploring the island, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Just, uh, stay away from the embryo storage this time. :P