Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Drac Sketching

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks TI. In concept, these are drawings which can feed future level creation. Hmm these days, my creation method is a bit more deliberate, and takes longer. I predict much less rapid turnover, meaning the recurring event of actually beginning a new level promises to be rare. So, mostly these are levels locked within colored pencil reality.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Despite the lack of posting, I have indeed continued to sketch these weeks. The creativity was not as swift after a bit, and so these took a bit longer.

"Stegosaur Breach"

Seen here, a Stegosaurus in an unknown Trespasser mod attempts to break through a line of fencing in an untested scripted event.
Sketch2020_StegoBreach01.jpg
Sketch2020_StegoBreach01.jpg (575.51 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
"Swim Swam Swamp"

In the Swamp the bugs were extraordinary. Like an advanced CEntityWater instead of solid terrain walls.
Sketch2020_SwampWalk01.jpg
Sketch2020_SwampWalk01.jpg (551.21 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
"Hidden Lagoon"

Malone's adventures in Maple White Land are not fully recorded, as after their initial adversaries were defeated, events generally surrounded the peaceful cohabitation with the human natives and attempts to find a way off of the plateau. However some of their experiences may have been omitted for other reasons.
Sketch2020_HiddenLagoon01.jpg
Sketch2020_HiddenLagoon01.jpg (541.19 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Seen here, a Stegosaurus in an unknown Trespasser mod attempts to break through a line of fencing in an untested scripted event.
Maybe it is part of Plains or the Town due to the fence with Watson in the back? ;)
In the Swamp the bugs were extraordinary. Like an advanced CEntityWater instead of solid terrain walls.
I like it, and I can see the raptors are using the pre-release pose!
Hm, does the walkthrough mention if Anne finds a raft or actually have to build one? I forgot.
Malone's adventures in Maple White Land are not fully recorded, as after their initial adversaries were defeated, events generally surrounded the peaceful cohabitation with the human natives and attempts to find a way off of the plateau. However some of their experiences may have been omitted for other reasons.
Who is Malone? The image feels like Land Of The Lost or similar.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh! Perhaps it's the lake from before they built the dam. Except the fences are there...

Hehe yeah. The walkthrough seems to say that a raft was hastily built but then its makers died before they were able to use it.

The last image is from a very old classic Dinosaur novel...
tatu

Post by tatu »

Huh! Perhaps it's the lake from before they built the dam. Except the fences are there...
Or it is the lake in the "Plains" concept arts? ;)
Hehe yeah. The walkthrough seems to say that a raft was hastily built but then its makers died before they were able to use it.
Ohh I see.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Took a break from sketching... however I did manage another one I can post.

"Covert Business"

On the left, Dr Levine, having returned to the island after TLW. On the right, either Elliot Wu from the extended manuscript found by AdventureCollectibles, or a someone he has brought with him. They arrive at an unexpected scene of activity.
Sketch2020_CovertBusiness01.jpg
Sketch2020_CovertBusiness01.jpg (517.78 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Draco Sketching

Post by Draconisaurus »

I haven't been sketching quite the same as I was last year... I still do sketch a bit frequently but a lot of it isn't quite material to post on TresCom. Some low-detail dinosaur work and other things.

"CRandomObjs"

Just what it sounds like... Frequently when I sit to do sketch art, all I can think of are different Trespasser things. Even non-Tres dinosaur scenes are difficult to bring to paper.
DracoSketch02_CRandomObjs.png
DracoSketch02_CRandomObjs.png (875.1 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
"Dotted Valley"

Based on ongoing art advice from my friend who does it as his mainstay, I decided to experiment with dot-based art. I've noticed it in others' art for years but never cared to do it myself. It's still pretty experimental here but looks sort of cool.
DracoSketch01_DottedValley.png
DracoSketch01_DottedValley.png (935.4 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sketchings are pretty good, Drac. I personally can't draw worth a s**t, hell, I can barely read my writing as it has gotten progressively worse as I age. You add arthritis and fading brain power into the mix and what you've got is something on the order of a 5 year old's penmanship!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks Rebel! I personally believe most people can draw half decent if they might sit and try it out. It can be about the emotion which goes into it rather than comparison to others' drawing style.
Here are some new ones!

"Dotted Valley"

My artist friend in town encouraged me to try dot-artwork, and so I gave it an experiment. I like parts of it; I learned that it looks odd to dot some parts and not others. Also I need to remember to start doing concept sketches for my own future mods.
DracoSketch01_DottedValley.png
DracoSketch01_DottedValley.png (935.4 KiB) Viewed 5961 times
"Those Dots in the North"

A further text of dot-based artwork. It occured later that she is drinking sea water... Perhaps she was given aquatic DNA, or is in a world where the water is not salinated. I do believe more dots in general are in order next time.
Sketch2020_ThoseDotsInTheNorth.png
Sketch2020_ThoseDotsInTheNorth.png (851.65 KiB) Viewed 5961 times
"Stroll Down The Road"

General JP reality sketch. You may guess some of the inspiration. I noticed I haven't been sketching as many man-made structures, but didn't want to do a vehicle, so I found this.
Sketch2021_StrollDownTheRoad.png
Sketch2021_StrollDownTheRoad.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 5961 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Oh man, I have no idea how you manage to do all that stippling (the dots)! It drove me insane when I had to do a project like that for school. It does look very nice when it's done, though! The bunker in the last one has a very distinct JPDS vibe...

I really like the way you do your trees. Simple, but there's something about them that reminds me of old fantasy-esque artwork, like the cover for my copy of The Hobbit or The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (the book). :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks TI! The stippling is a suggestion from my artist friend in town. And these sketches help my mental health when they require more time. And I'm glad my trees communicate that! : )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Been a while, but I have done various drawings. Sketching has proven a very good way to spend my time in healing my mental space. Here are four of them.

"Decrepit Terminals"

My friend suggested a drawing of ominous Jurassic video monitors. It didn't quite come out as he'd hoped, but I like what was arrived at just the same.
DracoSketch04_DecrepitTerminals01.png
DracoSketch04_DecrepitTerminals01.png (704.08 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
"Mosa Depths"

This drawing features a Mosasaur aqua reptile... I didn't have anything particular in mind with the RV at the time, but later considered that it might be a post-Fallen-Kingdom event where the Mosasaur runs along the coast of Isla Sorna. I didn't actually remember what coral reefs looked like and had to look them up.
DracoSketch05_MosaDepths01.png
DracoSketch05_MosaDepths01.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 5754 times
"Tresspiriments"

This drawing was done fairly soon after it started. It's meant to be abstract/surrealist. I always seem to come back to that 3D sidewalk..
DracoSketch06_Trespiriments01.png
DracoSketch06_Trespiriments01.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 5754 times
"Grey Tricera"

Ever since that pre-release photo by the stack of barrels, I've enjoyed certain sorts of Tres things. Here, my friend suggested I draw rain, a first time for me.
DracoSketch07_GreyTricera01.png
DracoSketch07_GreyTricera01.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5754 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello! Have recently begun painting things. Not only toys but canvas. Just finished an actual Tres scene, might do more some time. I don't think this one needs introduction -
Attachments
EnterPH01.png
EnterPH01.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 4731 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

Ohhh Plantation House 8-)

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nice work, Draco. I can't paint anything like that for the life of me (though just recently I got into painting Blood Bowl miniatures and have been addicted for a month)! Was that done on actual, physical canvas or via some PC program? I can't quite tell, your framing is too perfect. :P