Translated subtitles for that old GameStar beta review video

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

noodlez
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Translated subtitles for that old GameStar beta review video

Post by noodlez »

As it is not in english I created a subtitle set for that german video TP_Tres1.avi (4:43 min) from GameStar Mag back in 1998 which should be somewhere in the video section, I guess.
I'm sure it's not adding much more value to that video but it's maybe interesting for some of you, though.

Edit: I rendered into the video and now it's about 50 MB if somebody is interested PM me, I don't have a place to upload it yet.
Please notice: As I mostly directly translated the comments from the guy (who sometimes hardly get a word out) it probably may sound weird but otherwise is very close to the original comment. There is a pretty obvious lack of his dinosaur knowledge as well that intentionally wasn't corrected in the subtitle. :)

If you have any comments on that translation or corrections, let me know to update it.
Maybe there's somebody from trescom who can upload it into the video section, if demanded.

:wink: After all I'm pretty sure that this thread should be somewhere else, so please move it if it's the case.

Edit: As nobody responded yet, interest may be even less than I thought it would (and should) be. However if somebody is interested at any time you're very welcome. :wink:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Translated subtitles for that old GameStar beta review v

Post by Hilwo »

noodlez wrote:As it is not in english I created a subtitle set for that german video TP_Tres1.avi (4:43 min) from GameStar Mag back in 1998 which should be somewhere in the video section, I guess.
I'm sure it's not adding much more value to that video but it's maybe interesting for some of you, though.
I think that's a great idea. It's a seperate file, right?
noodlez wrote:Edit: I rendered into the video and now it's about 50 MB if somebody is interested PM me, I don't have a place to upload it yet.
I'm not very technical, but does that in any way improve the quality? If so, I'm fairly sure
someone from the webteam would add the file to the videos. Same with the subtitles file.
noodlez wrote:Please notice: As I mostly directly translated the comments from the guy (who sometimes hardly get a word out) it probably may sound weird but otherwise is very close to the original comment. There is a pretty obvious lack of his dinosaur knowledge as well that intentionally wasn't corrected in the subtitle. :)
Yeah, I remember he referred to an Albertosaurus as a T-Rex. I think you made the right
choice by not correcting it in the subtitles, that would probably make it more confusing.
noodlez wrote:If you have any comments on that translation or corrections, let me know to update it.
Maybe there's somebody from trescom who can upload it into the video section, if demanded.
I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.
noodlez
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by noodlez »

Hilwo wrote:I think that's a great idea. It's a seperate file, right?
Yes it's a subtitle set in .srt file format. Of course I rendered a video with implemented subtitles as well, but since it's easier to correct the translation as a textfile I firstly provide it as simple .srt file.
Hilwo wrote:I'm not very technical, but does that in any way improve the quality? If so, I'm fairly sure
someone from the webteam would add the file to the videos. Same with the subtitles file.
Of course it does not, but at least I wanted to make sure that there will be no decrease in quality. Since there's no smart rendering possible with my software, I assumed it's better to have a slightly bigger file than a visible loss in quality.
Hilwo wrote:I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.
So here is the subtitle file. Simply download the video from the video section plus this subtitle file attached and add it as subtitle in VLC Media Player while playing the video.
TP_Tres1_eng_subtitle.zip
subtitle file for that german video from the video section simply load both in a videoplayer e.g. VLC
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Edit: Here is the rendered version on youtube.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPVC42eq ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
Last edited by noodlez on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Wow, his dinosaur knowledge is terrible. :P Not an overly exciting review, but more detail nonetheless. Good work here, noodlez! :)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Willson
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Willson »

Great info and admirable links, i really appreciate your post keep up the good work. Awesome share indeed. I’ve been awaiting for this update.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Not sure if spambot or legitimate user... If you are a legitimate user please say so... Sorry if you aren't, it's just that your signature and homepage seem to suggest you are.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Willson wrote:Great info and admirable links, i really appreciate your post keep up the good work. Awesome share indeed. I’ve been awaiting for this update.
I saw this last night, but I was too tired... it definitely is a spambot, there are absolutely no links anywhere on this topic.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files