Stuck in Lab-Level (Harbour)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

marksky
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Stuck in Lab-Level (Harbour)

Post by marksky »

Hi guys!
First of all I want to thank the community for keeping this great game alive!
Unfortunately I played this game for the first time one year ago (and not earlier). I was really surprised that this large environment and in-game physics was possible in 1998.
Some days ago I realised that a Trespasser Beta Build 96 was leaked since a while and (of course) I had to try this out :mrgreen:
Everything seems to be working on my system, but now I'm stuck in the Lab level.

I found the green keycard in the "Atlantic" but I can't open this damned gate which is hiding the main road to the lab.
The cardreader seems to be "broken" and I can't reach it. I even don't know if it's still active :x

Has anybody else this problem?!

BTW someone know where to get the white keycard for this building?

I'm not sure if this cardreader exists in the main game, too.

Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Stuck in Lab-Level (Harbour)

Post by Rebel »

Welcome, marksky. Did that card_reader ever work? I don't recall, but I always just headed up the side of the hill by the wooden shack and then up onto the road (obviously by-passing the gate altogether).
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I think that card reader works. Not sure tho.

And that white card, I think it's underground on the right side of the building or was it inside it? Don't remember. It's in the retail (main game) too. Then the card is on the ground in front of the building. Hm.. I wonder why they did that, they must have had it somewhere else before.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
marksky
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by marksky »

Hi!
Thanks for your quick reply!
Trespasser is a wired game :D Earlier, I just want to start the game and I became the error message that the game requires at minimum 100 megs on my harddrive. Not sure why. I changed nothing since my last gaming session and have some dozens of gigabytes free. Anyway, I re-installed the beta and everything was all right :)

@Rebel
How did you get it to climb up that hill? I tried various positions but I don't even have a chance to jump just two times in series on that slope.
I figured out that I can walk another hill more easily up by walking along the waterside and on that end it's no problem to reach the top.

I also tried to activate the cardreader from the other side. It makes the buzzing sound but the gate still won't open :|

Anyway, now I can enter the lab. Thanks again for your help :mrgreen:
tatu

Post by tatu »

marksky wrote:Hi!
Trespasser is a wired game :D Earlier, I just want to start the game and I became the error message that the game requires at minimum 100 megs on my harddrive. Not sure why. I changed nothing since my last gaming session and have some dozens of gigabytes free. Anyway, I re-installed the beta and everything was all right :)
If I remember correcly, just remove all ".SWP" files in your "Dreamworks Interactive->Trespasser" folder :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

@Rebel
How did you get it to climb up that hill? I tried various positions but I don't even have a chance to jump just two times in series on that slope.
There's a sweet spot that if you hit it just so, you can just walk on up the slope. Thinking back, I do recall opening up the gate once or twice, but I don't think I ever bothered once I found out it wasn't necessary.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

tatu wrote:
marksky wrote:Hi!
If I remember correcly, just remove all ".SWP" files in your "Dreamworks Interactive->Trespasser" folder :)
I know that reinstalling is a sure-fire way of fixing that, if worst comes to worst.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

I just jumped/climbed over the fence somehow. Couldn't get the gate open myself either. :)
With Trespasser, you can!
Draycos
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Draycos »

i think the gate doesn't work in the beta. i usually cheat and use the 'tnext' command to teleport past it. I do recall somehow "squishing" through the gap once however but i never managed it again.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Heh, the card reader for sure works.

All you need to do is squeeze Anne's arm through the gap with the keycard and hope you don't drop it.
And if you are playing the beta, hope you don't take a trip to stego-land...