Walkthrough 1997 Part Three - Plantation House

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Walkthrough 1997 Part Three - Plantation House

Post by tatu »

CHECK THE MAIN PAGE

Discuss part three of the walkthrough here.

Use the quote code to take the quotes from the walkthrough

Code: Select all

[quote]Text[/quote]

tatu
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Walkthrough 1997 Part Three - Plantation House

Post by machf »

So, the large one is Mount Watson (which we knew), and the smaller one is Mount Crick (which we didn't)... interesting joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_and_Crick

Heh, they describe another place as a cul-de-sac here...
And so, the Hunters' Camp is surrounded by pit traps (see? I knew there would be pit traps!) and bear traps too...
Looks like the burned crates and stuff would belong there too... and probably Anne's VO about Hammond never mentioning a fire.
The other end of the monorail, leading into the town... and a landslide blocking it. Interesting. I wonder if any screenshots belong to that area.
An Albertosaur by the Plantation House... somehow when I played Trespasser, I thought that Raptor by the PH in Jungle Road *was* an Albertosaur. Glad to see originally it was meant to be. I guess the JR level files didn't include an Albertosaur and they just changed it to a Raptor instead of importing it too.
And, the yacht beach was here too, and it isn't the same as the beach in JR, when PH was canceled the stuff from this beach was placed on the JR beach, but both did initially exist... that explains things.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

More Albertosaurs? Wow, they were intended to be much more common.

Lots of interesting stuff here, but I don't have time to read/discuss all of it right now, maybe next weekend. My new job has taken half my time and sleeping and Halo: Reach the other half.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

This is indeed really interesting, though classes are taking away my want to read... heh.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

Well, whoever wrote that was very imaginative!

I wish that there was even more written, this is a level that we know very little of, and since there is no ending to the level, it feels rather incomplete. Watson and Crick seems like a decent joke, shame we didn't get to learn about it in game. I wish that we were able to read all the walk-throughs at once, but it's probably better this way, so that we have more time to reflect. It's good to know that this level included a river (that we thought would be a level), the construction yard (which was probably different), the Hunter's camp, and of course the Plantation house and Kathy's beach.

I am most excited about the monorail, and I am curious if the 2nd monorail station was supposed to be seen in game. I thought that we had one screen shot of the 2nd monorail, but it could just be the beach monorail station with more foliage. perhaps we will find out in a future walk-through!

Was this the intended spot for the first raptor encounter? It seems like a completely different genre, compared with or current trespasser. obviously, much of this walk-through was intended to be scripted, and not much of it was actually made, but on paper it sounds like an interesting game at least. (perhaps too much of a 'hiking simulator' though)

Tatu, where did you find these?
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

They fell off a truck...
;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

yes :) they fell off a truck outside my house last month :) I guess it was an EA truck, who was spying on me..

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Unfortunately the spies they hired worked for the last 3 US administrations, hence how they managed to drop that in from of tatu's house :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

I think that this picture is from Plantaion House. You can see there two raptors (one is smaller) and stegs mentioned in walkthrough.
http://www.trescom.org/index.php?page=image&id=263
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, there's a lake in that picture (and in the other one from the same place), so (at least until now) we think it's concept art from the Plains, rather...
But was there ever mention of a lake in the Plains? Now that I think of it...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Is there a larger version of that second shot, machf? I've not seen it before, would like a closer look...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu

Post by tatu »

No, I even talked with Rolf Mohr who made them and he don't have any larger of those

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

BTW, tatu... aren't the trees in those pictures the ones you found a while ago?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8539&p=95002#p95002
trespassertreediocatia0.gif
trespassertreediocatia0.gif (41.56 KiB) Viewed 15147 times
BTW, the picture of the tree isn't loading...

EDIT: no, wait...I was thinking of the one in this picture, rather:
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Interesting, the Plantation House was meant to be partially destructible and to have a basement. Odd, the house doesn't have any signs that it was meant to have a basement... Not that I've noticed, at least.

Hunter's camp has interesting things too. I wonder what they meant by "not-quite-so-wrecked vehicle."
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Hmmm, there's a lake in that picture (and in the other one from the same place), so (at least until now) we think it's concept art from the Plains, rather...
But was there ever mention of a lake in the Plains? Now that I think of it...
Just posted the walkthrough for IJ. And it mention a lake in there.