*SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: *SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Post by Draconisaurus »

Holy Shit?! JI?! WTF is that! I was totally going to get around to checking the beta menu eventually...

EDIT: Jungle Industrial, perhaps? :lol: And anyway, it's an awesome pic.. Why is it so HUGE...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Maybe it came between JR and IJ... reminds me a bit of those shots with the railroad tracks.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Journey Inland?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I'm thinking between JR and IT, with IJ being a part of the plains :P But that's just me.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:lol: I honestly think it was a typo of IJ, which when they used the correct name later, this old image was not overwritten, and they forgot to remove it yet..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, I had taken a screenshot of this at the office but didn't get to upload it, so here it is again:
Notice the name of the teleport cube... the road split visible on that texture we know from old must have been removed shortly before this version.

And this is the approximate location of that old shot with the Triceratops:
Remember we had theorized that it was somewhere near the end of the level... well, this is it.

Oh, and I suppose you've seen this in the Lab:
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

machf wrote:OK, I had taken a screenshot of this at the office but didn't get to upload it, so here it is again:
Notice the name of the teleport cube... the road split visible on that texture we know from old must have been removed shortly before this version.
Nice
machf wrote:And this is the approximate location of that old shot with the Triceratops:
Remember we had theorized that it was somewhere near the end of the level... well, this is it.
Ha, that thing in the background that everyone thought was the plant's canal is actually one of those TPVjhboulders. I guess the power lines, just like the electric fences around the transformers, were added in later in development. I know there are some pics of the valley without power pylons at all.
machf wrote:Oh, and I suppose you've seen this in the Lab:
I didn't, but it's hilarious :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote:
machf wrote:And this is the approximate location of that old shot with the Triceratops:
Ha, that thing in the background that everyone thought was the plant's canal is actually one of those TPVjhboulders. I guess the power lines, just like the electric fences around the transformers, were added in later in development. I know there are some pics of the valley without power pylons at all.
Yeah. And Sam, that road there is what you insisted a previously unknown rocky canal went :lol:
machf wrote:Oh, and I suppose you've seen this in the Lab:
I didn't, but it's hilarious :lol:
I saw it. :lol: It will show up when I get around to posting the second half of my grand beta adventure..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Comparison of the old IJ3 and beta which machf originally figured out:

Turns out the area is more similar than I suspected and with less drastically flattened terrain (at least, in the beta). Even MANY of the same trees! (including that giant fraker back there that's right on top of the stream bed :lol:) From what I can see here, it's actually still possible that there are high ridges on either side, as there are now. I originally thought that this image didn't allow for that. What it does show is a clear lower terrain on the right - where IJ3 would connect with the lost IJ2. I was just wondering about this; it means there probably was no epic view and jump into the little pond.
Also of course, the power pylons are completely missing, here. If I didn't know better, I'd even say the gravel here is not just behind this original image as it is in the beta/retail. The terrain on the left doesn't seem to have the dirt road which comes out from that hill, but it's difficult to tell for sure, and it's still possible that the gravel hill is there without a dirt road.
This does open up the question now, to which state I want to return IJ in "Beta 2.0"...

Oh yeah. There's also the little matter of VsmCanopy00-##. Almost all of the clones of it in IJ3 do not match the terrain in any stretch of the imagination. WTF?

No, I take that back. All of them do, in "all three" IJs...

OMGWTF? One of them is even all the way over in PV. And this explains the few lone trees in IJ 116, btw. Turns out they were leftover from whatever fixup took place to clean up these deviant trees... I truly wonder what it means. Are we looking at the remnant of a very old terrain, or a general displacement across some distance of the terrain, or what?

Oh and, I've looked in the basements of AS, AS2, BE, and JR. So far nothing particularly interesting - OTHER than the wooden monorail holders from the Mystery Models in BE. Oh and the basements are actually less full than the retails - for example, the colt is not in JR. :( I guess maybe it was stuck in there with the hopes that some insane modders would find it one day?
I've also poked around in IT earlier, btw. Going to check IJ now.. Not expecting much, though, and I'll just not bother to report unless I find something.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:for example, the colt is not in JR. :( I guess maybe it was stuck in there with the hopes that some insane modders would find it one day?
Of course it's there! Search for P45pistol-00
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

How do you, and can you, get into the cooling tower in PV?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

The cooling tower has no interior. There are stairs around back that you can use to get onto the roof however.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Okay, I thought I was going crazy for a minute. But how do you lower the bridges?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

There are two vertical posts holding the lifted end of the bridge to the lifting mechanism. Shoot them to get the bridges down around the plant. You can also cross the canal by walking over the pipe coming in from the feed pump.