New (Old) level evidence: PH - Plantation House

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: New (Old) level evidence: PH - Plantation House

Post by Draconisaurus »

What might be the best option is to bring the TPMs of all the level-terrains into a single level, then scale them all down (preferably by a scale factor that's a power of 2), then sculpt a new terrain at the 1024x1024 size, then export that level's terrain as a BMP heightmap, and there you go... :yum: I might have time to do that some day.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

New map, I deleted some things and added some other ones, but overall, it's smaller. Again, it's available in PSD and XCF formats.

http://rapidshare.com/files/340172940/SornaMap2-XCF.rar (7 MB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/340176923/SornaMap2-PSD.rar (10,5 MB)

Now, if only we could find a similar texture for the Plains...

Haven't had the time yet to load all TPMs together.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Unfortunately right now our servers are overloaded and we have no more download slots left for non-members. Of course you can also try again later.
*Tries a half an hour later... gets the same message*

And I thought Rapid Share was bad before, but now you can't even download 90% of the time unless you pay. (This has happened with other downloads I tried to do off of there btw..)

EDIT: One hour later and the same thing. The tubes are clogged! The tubes are clogged!
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, honestly, Rapidshare is teh crap. :P Why not use box.net? It's such a simple site..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's relative, I guess. For me, RapidShare works much better than other sites I've tried.

EDIT: fine, for all the whiners ;) here are new links:
http://www.trescom.org/files/SornaMap2-PSD.rar
http://www.trescom.org/files/SornaMap2-XCF.rar

Maybe I should have uploaded them there from the beginning...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I tried to download it from about 6:50 to 10:00. I've also heard stories of people who tried downloading things from 9 AM to 7:30 PM and never get to download.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's the kind of story I could tell you about other sites (MegaUpload, particularly), with RapidShare I usually don't have to wait, at most 2 or 3 minutes. So, as I said, it's relative, I guess.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I don't see anything particularly new of interest..... Other than the Plains "square". It seems you've discovered some standard offset distances among all the terrain sections! :| Good work! I'm definitely buying it, that looks to me like where the Plains terrain should have gone.

Oh and, the background layer is named "Fondo"... :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, I forgot to rename it into English, apparently...
I removed some things that weren't really needed anymore and only made the file larger, added the textures for PV, AS and AS2 and that placeholder for PL. I wish we could find a similar texture for it... with IJ no longer being moved around, the Plains must have extended in the opposite direction. Rolf Mohr mentioned he worked on that level too, aside from PV, and that both were scrapped. So I guess that lake and other stuff we see in those concept pictures did exist. We need to reexamine them again, I believe now that we've seen the Beta96, the Paras and terrain textures in those seem familiar.
And where's that other image from Phil Salas with raptors drinking? I need to check the terrain textures on that one...
EDIT: But never mind that one, look again at this one:
The trees, plants and dinos are the same, too. So I guess those weren't just concept images, after all.
I'll try to find the other PL images from that magazine scan.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Has anyone ever asked the devs/the people worked with tres for early/pre unreleased screens?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep I agree machf, I don't think IJ3 was part of the Plains at all (though some assets from it may have been intended for the Plains, similar to PH stuff thrown into JR).

And yes, I suppose I took it for granted that the Para seen in those early images is most probably the same one from the Beta. I did some posting on this at TG - the idea is that originally, dinosaurs used 512x512, and so the Para's texture would have not been quite so crappy. This also explains the super-low-res Rex image:

In this case, it seems the Rex was reduced in poly prior to the famous green skin being reworked. And it seems to be using a single texture, which looked fine in 512x512 but...

Oh and, as for a PL base terrain image, that'd be nice but it just seems to have been removed way too early to survive into Build 96. I'm sure some version of it is out there, somewhere..
tatu wrote:Has anyone ever asked the devs/the people worked with tres for early/pre unreleased screens?
I don't think so :| We might as well. It's not like IMAGES would be infringement.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Yep I agree machf, I don't think IJ3 was part of the Plains at all (though some assets from it may have been intended for the Plains, similar to PH stuff thrown into JR).
That's not what I was implying. Remember those old discussions about the Plains? Back then, several people would place them (and the lake) in the space occupied by IJ, as IJ was suposed to be moved to connect with JR. Now since IJ stays in its place with PH connecting JR and IJ, the Plains can't go there anymore, so they extend to the other side. And yes, IJ3 wasn't part of the Plains, it's that the pylons earlier were on the Plains and then were moved into IJ... and the ones in PV were changed to match that.
And yes, I suppose I took it for granted that the Para seen in those early images is most probably the same one from the Beta. I did some posting on this at TG - the idea is that originally, dinosaurs used 512x512, and so the Para's texture would have not been quite so crappy. This also explains the super-low-res Rex image:

In this case, it seems the Rex was reduced in poly prior to the famous green skin being reworked. And it seems to be using a single texture, which looked fine in 512x512 but...
Oh, now Iget what you had been trying to say... that those *other* images of the green rex were pre-rendered using a single 512x512 (or maybe 1024x1024) texture, a la JPOG, and then when they imported the mesh in-game, they reduced the texture size and it looked like this. Right, makes sense
Oh and, as for a PL base terrain image, that'd be nice but it just seems to have been removed way too early to survive into Build 96. I'm sure some version of it is out there, somewhere..
That's why I said "I wish"...
tatu wrote:Has anyone ever asked the devs/the people worked with tres for early/pre unreleased screens?
I don't think so :| We might as well. It's not like IMAGES would be infringement.
It's worth trying.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Who would be best to ask? Slugger? or maybe you machf

Btw, does someone thinks that some dev maybe still got that green t-rex?

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

tatu wrote:Who would be best to ask? Slugger? or maybe you machf

It wouldn't hurt to ask for any images...or even models/assets.

Probably one of the artists would be the best person to ask. I wonder if an artist/modeler kept any of the assets (particularly unused ones). Sounds too. Those "Lost Models" obviously survived.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
tatu

Post by tatu »

Slugger wrote:
tatu wrote:Who would be best to ask? Slugger? or maybe you machf

It wouldn't hurt to ask for any images...or even models/assets.

Probably one of the artists would be the best person to ask. I wonder if an artist/modeler kept any of the assets (particularly unused ones). Sounds too. Those "Lost Models" obviously survived.
Since those "Lost Models" suvived maybe there is more out there.

About the plains; I thought I saw somewere someone wrote who worked on this, maybe we could ask that person if he still got it, in it's original version. Also if we could figure out who worked on the other levels, there might be some devs/artist/modeler that still got there work on a dirty disc somewere.

The technology, the real trick of it, might still be in there, in a darkened room in an empty building with a dirty floor, it waits, the flashpoint, the origin of Trespasser.