Pine Demo Scene

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Pine Demo Scene

Post by Draconisaurus »

Trespasser as we're aware has had some demonstration scenes set up, of uncertain analygous placement in the final game. Some, like the main menu background, seem pretty similar to one but are usually agreed to be not a specific final-level location.

One that Tatu and I have talked briefly about is a pine-environment scene featuring a watering hole. I never even noticed it these years past, having assumed images to be from the pond near the start of PV. Yet there are indications of distinct difference from that location.
screen3_pvpond.jpg
screen3_pvpond.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
MinePass07.png
MinePass07.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 2621 times
raptordrink.jpg
raptordrink.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
E3GamersRepublic12.png
E3GamersRepublic12.png (153.13 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
How vast was this area? Was it really as simple as a watering hole with Dinosaurs drinking or standing nearby? Some indication is present of older collections of the later Pine foliage. It's an interesting area to observe.
image009.jpg
image009.jpg (58.81 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Pine Demo Scene

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

The image name is PV pond - is this a name that someone here came up with, or was the original name?
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Not sure. Tatu?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Not me. Probably named back in the day we thought every pre-release image was from an actually in-game level, and before we even had PV. An image with pine trees = automatically PV.

The only real image among these that are actually PV is "E3GamersRepublic12.png".
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So... is this from one of the E3 levels, then? There *IS* a PV version in there, IIRC...

EDIT: oh, I see, that image is from the pond downthe road in PV... not the same as the other ones.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files