TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:55 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:45 pm 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Czech republic
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I always supposed that all those jungle images are possibly from one of the earliest versions of the Industrial Jungle.

I also noticed that the big tree at the pond is facing in a similar direction in both the early images and all known versions of IJ. Although, it might be a mere coincidence.


Attachments:
coincidence.png
coincidence.png [ 728.72 KiB | Viewed 973 times ]

_________________
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn


Last edited by Velociraptor Alfa on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:54 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 4720
Location: Atlanta
machf wrote:
Given the trees and the raptors, it may have been some corner in PV. It's not so different from this one:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image



Regarding this image, what's going on with the raptor on the far left's mouth? I don't know how many times I've looked at it, but it just struck me that its mouth looks poorly edited to be in a more open position. :lol:

_________________
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
Sooome very interesting details, here.

Tatu, I believe you're right. There seems to be an early test level with all this brown dirt, early palms, and power pylons, that isn't actually the terrain of IJ3. (Raptor Alpha, your point is interesting but seems to be a similarly-created area.) In fact, I have more belief now, that this image is taken from a version of this test level where foliage was removed for unknown purposes:

Attachment:
shot2big_[2].jpg
shot2big_[2].jpg [ 114.86 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]


The Stego images gives us a nice view of a lost wooden crate model...

BioBarrel. That is really cool! You say "missing oil barrel", in what way is it missing? And, I would like to recreate this barrel sometime.

Slugger, the mouth there, I guess back in 1998 they were a little less sensitive about imperfections in graphics, since the field was so new and finding its feet.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:45 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 12155
Location: Lima, Peru
Do you mean these?

Image

Image

That's IJ, no doubt. Maybe not quite the same, but it's evolved along the development time...
The picture with the raptor didn't have trees yet. But as I said, look at the terrain textures, not just the gravel...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:04 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 12155
Location: Lima, Peru
tatu wrote:
I was looking through some of the early videos we have the other day and I wanna add on some interested finds and thoughts.

I remember one vdeo where Anne is landing from some jump next to the pylon at the beginning of IJ3, don't remember which video it was.

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Czech republic
machf wrote:
Do you mean these?

Image

Image

That's IJ, no doubt. Maybe not quite the same, but it's evolved along the development time...
The picture with the raptor didn't have trees yet. But as I said, look at the terrain textures, not just the gravel...


Yeah, those. And also the one with the T-rex.

Attachment:
tres24.jpg
tres24.jpg [ 34.46 KiB | Viewed 966 times ]

_________________
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:05 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Regarding this image, what's going on with the raptor on the far left's mouth? I don't know how many times I've looked at it, but it just struck me that its mouth looks poorly edited to be in a more open position. :lol:


It's a static raptor. It can be seen in several other pre-release images. :P

Quote:
BioBarrel. That is really cool! You say "missing oil barrel", in what way is it missing? And, I would like to recreate this barrel sometime.


Well it is not missing. Just an early version of the oil barrel with the text "oil" on it.

Quote:
Do you mean these?


Yes. Well maybe IJ, but it doesn't mean it could be from another level, that just uses assets we later know from IJ. Due to the fact there is also a Pylon there, but they could've just used the assets.

Quote:
I remember one vdeo where Anne is landing from some jump next to the pylon at the beginning of IJ3, don't remember which video it was.


Yeah, in one of the trailers. It fits with the E3 build.

_________________
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna - Working on PH2-IT (and experimental BE-IT).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:45 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 12155
Location: Lima, Peru
Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
Yeah, those. And also the one with the T-rex.

Attachment:
tres24.jpg

Also this one which is larger:
Image

Wondering if this is the same T-Rex and the same version of the level:

Image

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
That last image of Pylon 14 is a bit more mysterious. The mixture of foliage implies yet another test level. It seems at least one pine, and possibly the thick canopy tree, are higher poly.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 am 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Czech republic
What about these? They look like they could be from the same level.


Attachments:
screen4_[1].jpg
screen4_[1].jpg [ 61.67 KiB | Viewed 950 times ]
image011.jpg
image011.jpg [ 67.41 KiB | Viewed 950 times ]
screen41g.jpg
screen41g.jpg [ 46.11 KiB | Viewed 950 times ]
anneraptor-2.jpg
anneraptor-2.jpg [ 97.9 KiB | Viewed 950 times ]

_________________
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:57 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: Sweden
Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
What about these? They look like they could be from the same level.


Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


These are definitely the same level. I always through they went around almost in a circle. Also, I never noticed, but the bottom image, it got a stump that was never used in any levels we have, but we got the original one from a dev:

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


This could be a part of it. But it could also be part of the level seen in the Next Generation Magazine with the monorail, which itself could be from the same level. It has less foliage density comparing to the other ones here.

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


I am pretty certain this is the same level as the ones with the T-Rex and Stego. Which I still think is the same test level as in the trailer. The foliage density and the Pylon close to the hill fits.

I still don't believe most if any of the pylon images are from an IJ level. If that is the case, it is the only level that underwent THAT drastic change. Even PV from 1997 had very similar terrain as later versions.

We also have the one with the monorail station:

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


The foliage density fits more with the pond images. I can also see that unused log/stump on the left of the monorail station so it could be part of of the ones with the stream?

_________________
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna - Working on PH2-IT (and experimental BE-IT).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
That stump-find is great, I would never have seen it...

I am now wondering, on the possibility that these pylon-jungle images are really from an old version of Plains? The Hammond lines put the pylons in the Plains, while Anne sees them in Industrial Jungle. Perhaps at such an early stage of developing, this is what it looked like...

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:56 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: Sweden
Draconisaurus wrote:
That stump-find is great, I would never have seen it...

I am now wondering, on the possibility that these pylon-jungle images are really from an old version of Plains? The Hammond lines put the pylons in the Plains, while Anne sees them in Industrial Jungle. Perhaps at such an early stage of developing, this is what it looked like...


Hm I personally don't think so. But it gives me a thought if it could be from a tech demo. Remember how AMD was involved? They must've had something to show then to get them to invest.

_________________
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna - Working on PH2-IT (and experimental BE-IT).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:47 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 12155
Location: Lima, Peru
tatu wrote:
Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
What about these? They look like they could be from the same level.


Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


This one is from one of the earlier versions of IJ, when you first are in IJ1 about to come out into the clearing with the T-Rex... on my old HDD I have a screenshot of the same location in TresEd.
Quote:

Didn't find this one, but I haven't looked in the levels included in builds 22, 32 or 55 yet. Since I did copy those to an USB stick and have them on this current HDD already, I could look at them. Likely candidates are JR, PH and IJ.
Quote:
These are definitely the same level. I always through they went around almost in a circle. Also, I never noticed, but the bottom image, it got a stump that was never used in any levels we have, but we got the original one from a dev:

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


Interesting...
Quote:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


This could be a part of it. But it could also be part of the level seen in the Next Generation Magazine with the monorail, which itself could be from the same level. It has less foliage density comparing to the other ones here.

FOr this one, the same as for that other one goes: I need to look at the levels in builds 22, 32 and 55.
Quote:

This is in IJ3, going towards the Town. I also have a screenshot of the location in TresEd.

Quote:
I am pretty certain this is the same level as the ones with the T-Rex and Stego. Which I still think is the same test level as in the trailer. The foliage density and the Pylon close to the hill fits.

I still don't believe most if any of the pylon images are from an IJ level. If that is the case, it is the only level that underwent THAT drastic change. Even PV from 1997 had very similar terrain as later versions.

We also have the one with the monorail station:

Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image


The foliage density fits more with the pond images. I can also see that unused log/stump on the left of the monorail station so it could be part of of the ones with the stream?

Ah, those locations are still unidentified...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:40 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 12901
Location: Portland, OR
machf wrote:
Quote:

This is in IJ3, going towards the Town. I also have a screenshot of the location in TresEd.

I was of this same opinion previously, so much so that I found it self-evident. But with Tatu's new research, I am now in disagreement and I believe he is right.

_________________
T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box / Tres Machinema & Dinosaur Toy Films


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group