TLC Patch PreRelease

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TLC Patch PreRelease

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah, I may get to it. Honestly my interest lies in new mods, seeing places and things which haven't been seen yet. Are you planning on such things eventually?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Ah, I may get to it. Honestly my interest lies in new mods, seeing places and things which haven't been seen yet. Are you planning on such things eventually?
New mods that uses old terrain? ;)

I will take a peak at this sometime this weekend. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Draconisaurus wrote:Ah, I may get to it. Honestly my interest lies in new mods, seeing places and things which haven't been seen yet. Are you planning on such things eventually?
Perhaps but... Plants... Uhhhh.... Also coming up with an idea for a new mod is just as hard as creating it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just played through the town level, LCountach. I think I noticed a few changes as I don't recall a recliner
chair in Woo's house, or shelving in the General Store. You have to realize, most people are not going to
pick out subtle changes so I wouldn't take offense to that as most are not going to take note of cosmetic
changes made to a level played numerous times. It's rather easy to see something, but not actually take
notice to it.

I plan on continuing Pv over the weekend. I'd be interested to see if the geo plant's puzzle actually works
correctly. I made it to the teeter totter bridges, then saved as I've got errands to run. Btw, I could have
sworn that there was a wrecked jeep below that 1st seesaw bridge in one version, but maybe I'm thinking
of some other level. I do agree with T.I. about Anne though; it breaks continuity with a beta Anne being
used in PV. I would have recommended that she should have been upgraded to her retail model.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote: I plan on continuing Pv over the weekend. I'd be interested to see if the geo plant's puzzle actually works
correctly. I made it to the teeter totter bridges, then saved as I've got errands to run. Btw, I could have
sworn that there was a wrecked jeep below that 1st seesaw bridge in one version, but maybe I'm thinking
of some other level. I do agree with T.I. about Anne though; it breaks continuity with a beta Anne being
used in PV. I would have recommended that she should have been upgraded to her retail model.
That would be the Pine Valley version from Build 22 with the jeep. :god:

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Rebel wrote:I just played through the town level, LCountach. I think I noticed a few changes as I don't recall a recliner
chair in Woo's house, or shelving in the General Store. You have to realize, most people are not going to
pick out subtle changes so I wouldn't take offense to that as most are not going to take note of cosmetic
changes made to a level played numerous times. It's rather easy to see something, but not actually take
notice to it.

I plan on continuing Pv over the weekend. I'd be interested to see if the geo plant's puzzle actually works
Indeed they are subtle. There are actually new items in every building of the town. A great many in the Ops Center. They were either removed or never used by the devs. Perhaps I should make a list of the additions. Or maybe a spoiler set of screen shots for those who want to know what has changed. Really though, the goal was to fix the stand out problems in the levels. That evolved into adding back in things that were cut. Then into adding a few others things. So on and so forth. But the main goal was really just to fix things. Every thing else is just extra Icing on the cake. I found out that my goal was very similar to a project Tatu had also started. "Tatu's Unofficial Patch Project" viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10795

Both of your comments have been noted about the model of Anne for PV. I am not currently able to change it. But I will look into it.

Sorry to anyone if I have sounded upset or offended at or to you.
Last edited by LCountach on Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Here is a before and after set of shots of what was added to the Lobby and Lounge area of the Ops Center. I would like to point out those chairs have working breakable magnets on the legs. They dont just fall apart when you touch them like I have seen in many mod levels. I am not sure why the original version in the basement crashes the game when touched. If copied and not cloned they do work though. Its just tedious to copy and rename the parts. Still... I think its quite fun to toss them around or shoot their legs off. Everyone should give it a try!

This scene is not the norm however. In most levels it is just fixes and very few items added in.

The Beach for example just has a tail gate added back to the Unimog truck and the two little signs for the Geo Plant and Town on the monorail platform. There are little tweaks to some of the weapon placements. And the pickup truck's doors are intractable now. The pickups physics sub objects are also fixed. Melee weapons also have actual damage added back in too.

The fixes apply to all the pickups throughout the game. Their doors have working hinges or fall off. They are not just stuck in place anymore. The melee weapons like bats and hammers have added damage throughout the game. There are even several previously unused melee weapons added to the town and lab.

Should I make spoiler shots and descriptions for all the additions throughout the patch and include them with the patch? I had hoped not to spoil anything for first time players to the patch. Discovering new things is part of the fun. Unfortunately it seems many things are going unnoticed. Bummer.
Attachments
OPC_Before.jpg
OPC_Before.jpg (201.12 KiB) Viewed 11646 times
OPC_After.jpg
OPC_After.jpg (192.02 KiB) Viewed 11646 times
Last edited by LCountach on Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I did notice the hanging vines, but didn't mention it. I imagine the reason I did not notice the fancy
desk is because I've seen it before (maybe in the lab level?), so my mind recognized it and failed to
recall that it wasn't actually in there before.

Personally, I don't think I'd list everything as you're considering though. Consider them somewhat
like easter eggs. Hell, I've put easter eggs in levels that were never found (I always add at least 1
that I don't divulge). They may never be discovered, or noticed, but that's ok because I know that
they're there. ;)
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Rebel wrote:I did notice the hanging vines, but didn't mention it. I imagine the reason I did not notice the fancy
desk is because I've seen it before (maybe in the lab level?), so my mind recognized it and failed to
recall that it wasn't actually in there before.

Personally, I don't think I'd list everything as you're considering though. Consider them somewhat
like easter eggs. Hell, I've put easter eggs in levels that were never found (I always add at least 1
that I don't divulge). They may never be discovered, or noticed, but that's ok because I know that
they're there. ;)
Yes that desk is from the Lab. I tried not to use any props that were not in the retail or BETAs. Although I did break that rule a couple times. Compys for example.

Here are some shots that gave me prop ideas. I didn't have the exact props seen in the movie so I did my best with substitutions.
Attachments
dvd_snapshot_01.29.32_[2019.03.19_22.36.10].jpg
dvd_snapshot_01.29.32_[2019.03.19_22.36.10].jpg (38.08 KiB) Viewed 11644 times
dvd_snapshot_01.35.43_[2019.04.24_18.20.26].jpg
dvd_snapshot_01.35.43_[2019.04.24_18.20.26].jpg (48.3 KiB) Viewed 11644 times
dvd_snapshot_01.35.53_[2019.04.24_18.20.49].jpg
dvd_snapshot_01.35.53_[2019.04.24_18.20.49].jpg (42.9 KiB) Viewed 11644 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

On the whole I suspect your additions to the levels are more present in your own mind than in those of players, due to the fact that you made them. A missing recalculation of significance-interpretation. As before I still recommend doing a new mod, as everything around will be seen as new and taken in as a detail of a user's creative action.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I still haven't checked this out except for a quick look in TresEd.

I am still supporting a "mod" like this. If anything, I've personally think we don't have enough released of modified original levels. I could of course point out some objects you have missed from earlier builds but the list would be long.

I really enjoy how you have populated the buildings with more objects. I always felt they were too empty. :)

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:I still haven't checked this out except for a quick look in TresEd.
I could of course point out some objects you have missed from earlier builds but the list would be long.

I really enjoy how you have populated the buildings with more objects. I always felt they were too empty. :)
I am glad you liked the new additions. Making a list of what I may have missed would be helpful. There are some items I chose not to bring back into the retail from the BETAs. Here is a short list of things I can think of off the top of my head to help eliminate some things from your big list.

Town:
The cot frame, dumpster, and metal folding chairs that seemed to be scattered around every bungalow. I thought it strange that there was a cot behind nearly every bungalow and that the cot had been broken in the same place/way every time. It seemed unrealistic. Dumpsters by each one person bungalow also seemed unrealistic. The metal folding chairs seemed to be replaced by the white plastic chairs so I didn't add those in near the bungalows either. I did however add one into one of the construction site trailers. I also added one in the radio room in the Summit map. I didn't add in every trashcan that was in the second June 11 BETA. I more closely followed the first June 11 BETA for the trashcans. I also decided to only populate some of the file cabinets with drawers and leave some empty. It seemed more realistic and interesting that way. As if some of them had been taken.

Lab:
I did not add the big hook by the ship because I felt it wasn't needed. I like the idea of having to stand on the corner of the dock and jump to grab the drop gate. I also felt it would probably cause a physics bug trying to hook the gate. I also skipped the big underground poll by one of the buildings. I didn't see how it served any purpose even as scenery.

I am also still thinking of making a Spoiler Guide that showcases what has been changed, added back in, and new to this patch. Similar to these guides but not in webpage form. Probably a series of images with captions. I could have sworn there was a guide I referenced about what changed in official patch 1.1 but I can't find it right now.

https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Jurassic_Pa ... sc._Things
https://tcrf.net/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10959&start=75

Lastly a little update. I have played through all the levels again. I found a couple floating/misplaced items in each. Nothing probably anyone noticed. I also scaled down the Saloon to fit with the other buildings. The 1.0 prerelease patch added many new and previously unused items in there. I wonder if anyone found the the friendly bar patron who just needed to take a leak?
tatu

Post by tatu »

I am glad you liked the new additions. Making a list of what I may have missed would be helpful. There are some items I chose not to bring back into the retail from the BETAs. Here is a short list of things I can think of off the top of my head to help eliminate some things from your big list.
The main thing I notice was missing is the airplane wheel at the start of BE. However, if you look at JR from Build 55 (and 32) you will notice at the beach area, these went there, along with a propeller.

Oh, and one part of Wu's pool texture have the wrong rotation.
I am also still thinking of making a Spoiler Guide that showcases what has been changed, added back in, and new to this patch. Similar to these guides but not in webpage form. Probably a series of images with captions. I could have sworn there was a guide I referenced about what changed in official patch 1.1 but I can't find it right now.
http://www.trescom.org/articles/differe ... patch-117/

;)

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:The main thing I notice was missing is the airplane wheel at the start of BE. However, if you look at JR from Build 55 (and 32) you will notice at the beach area, these went there, along with a propeller.
Was there any version of BE where they showed where the airplane parts would be positioned? Or is it just something left up to me to decide?

Are there are any more props/items that I missed?
tatu

Post by tatu »

LCountach wrote:Was there any version of BE where they showed where the airplane parts would be positioned? Or is it just something left up to me to decide?
Build 96. :)
LCountach wrote:Are there are any more props/items that I missed?
Let me check what I can think of. :)

BE: (All in Build 96)

- Some scaffolding objects around the "gym" area. Worth noting if you do add them is that the "broken" one can cause the level to crash. I recall replacing texture on import fixes that.
- Trashcan close to weapons area, at those two foundation walls at the bottom. It got a pribar in it. You might not want to add it but it just adds another prop.
- Another copy of the bridge close to the monorail.
- Maybe replace the monorail parts that is laying around with those that have the middle raised?
- You might wanna add the plane propeller found in JR beach in Build 55. It already got physics for it (you might have to change the GeomType to 2, otherwise GeomAdd will report it as invisible).

JR: (Build 96)

- You could delete/move the road textures that are on the hills.
- One missing wood thingy at the bottom of the stairs in the PH house.
- Also that nighttable in TestScene belongs in the PH house.

IJ:

- It seems like you missed the controller panel thingy in the Airplane.

IT:

Nothing I can think of really. The 3D sidewalks maybe and of course using the "whole" town terrain found in the 3ds Max scene, but it might be a lot of work.

PV:

- Several of the Mayan parts are rotated wrong. Use the physics as an indication on which rotation is correct. Build 55 and before also have a higher quality version of that water path-thingy so it wouldn't be a terrain object.
- The "SPowerGrid" objects actually have higher quality versions in Build 55 or Build 32 (or both).

LAB:

- Lower "PPierTie01-06" and "PPierTie01-12". They are for whatever reason HIGH in the air. (present in retail game, so it is not you).
- There are some elevator pillars? in some of the corners in the warehouses in Build 55.
- "Missing" blue chew toy in the padlock (Build 55). Physics left in retail level in basement.

Well these are some. You might not want to add all or any, but in any case. :D