TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:30 pm 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

MinePass wrote:
So now none of the rivers match up, I can understood the central one, but what's wrong with the one running through IT and the one by the dam reservoir?

the thing is they only match if you look at the map from above but doing so is pointless because objects that represent riverbeds aren't what we should be looking at. we should be looking at what lies beneath riverbed objects instead - rocks and vegetation. when you look at those rocks from a different view, you'll find out that they in no way match the terrain. they do however sort of match the ridge east of the IT

i think this max file isn't the answer. it must be an extremely early version of the PL level. so early that the objects aren't even placed in the right places yet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:40 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I wanted to upload my files, but it turns out I couldn't attach the resulting .zip file to a post because it exceeds the maximum sizeallowed by the server, and it looks like, after the sever migration from a few weeks ago, the FTP accounts haven't been updated accordingly... so, until we get proper FTP access again, no uploads, sadly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:08 am 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

maybe you could use dropbox or google drive instead? at least for now until that FTP thing is sorted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:01 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Real quick, I tried to import Drac's level into worldpaint and the results seem worse then usual. After reading the description on the download page I see this map was based on object heights. Do we have a .bmp of the current layout?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Well, since today I've been uploading some other stuff to Google Drive, I decided to upload my Plains stuff too:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wWb2Sm ... sp=sharing

This is a MAX 9 file compressed inside a 7-zip archive. What's visible is the terrain from one of the bumpmaps in Hammond's mansion's map plus some parts of other surrounding levels, with the objects from the old Plains MAX file over them. There are other items (like Drac's plains terrain) that are also there, but are currently hidden, so that things don't look too cluttered. You can, however, make them visible if you wish to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:01 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

So I was just killing time today and I happened to notice this little detail in one of our concept pictures.
Attachment:
_20191118_115736.JPG
_20191118_115736.JPG [ 35.2 KiB | Viewed 12 times ]

What your looking at is a small patch of light blueish grey, could either be another watering hole or maybe a section of road. However the color doesn't match the water on the left and on the other PL image, there colors match. So if we can rule out water then what do we have left, thoughts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10