E3 Pine Valley (SPOILERS!)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: E3 Pine Valley (SPOILERS!)

Post by MinePass »

Which road, the one that ended up blocked by the mountain in Build 96?
That's the one, the area is for whatever reason is rising and falling for no apparent reason.
Raptors on the road

Returning to the North Road, Anne will find herself pursued by another gang of raptors. They will chase her through the woods, through a swampy area similar to that in Industrial Jungle, but with more, though smaller, humps of land sticking out of the water, and finally to the gates of the geothermal power plant.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I see what area you mean in Build 96. I just think it is "bad" terrain editing that causes those lumps and bumps. Though the area being swampy would explain why it is a good area for the GeoPlant. But as the area is empty overall, it being a bit swampy would actually fit.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I was unaware of that part in the walkthrough. I guess it makes sense considering its proximity to the IJ2 swamp.
tatu wrote:I see what area you mean in Build 96. I just think it is "bad" terrain editing that causes those lumps and bumps. Though the area being swampy would explain why it is a good area for the GeoPlant. But as the area is empty overall, it being a bit swampy would actually fit.
Yeah, now that I've read the walkthrough I do wonder a bit, but I'm with tatu - it seems like it's just a victim of the developers editing the terrain poorly. That entire mountain they added in that area looks really out-of-place, as does a lot of the terrain it in that area. It's also worth noting that the IJ2 swamp's terrain looks a lot "cleaner" and less-ugly than the area we're talking about in PV.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. One thing I'd never noticed, apparently the shape of the final hillside streambed as you approach the LAB fence was changed as the terrain was worked on. Am curious why.