Download: Early Trespasser Builds

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Release: E3 build & PC Gamer build

Post by tatu »

The way the skeleton works and programmed are different in the engine, so the skeleton is different on the models. You can't just replace the mesh itself, but you have to correct the skeleton with the retail engine.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Well, I was working with the source code and found out some of the skeleton code has been commented out, I removed all the comments for the biped (raptors) but the quad ones have lots of errors to compile.
Also, I forget if it5 was because of my source code compiling or not... but I got the raptor working in my test level with only him. Bad news though, the damn thing is invisible and you only see its footprints. The raptor also doesn't bite, but it is still a physical AI dinosaur.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Some sections of code can be safely uncommented, a couple other sections required correcting, but for the most part the code was disabled for a reason unfortunately. :/
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Markosaur
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Markosaur »

Every time I visit this site again big things seem to have happened! O.o
Its awesome!
Oooh ahhh thats how it starts, and then later there's running and screaming
- Ian Malcom: The Lost World
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

I was just checking if trespasser would run on my new PC, and it seems as if it goes slower and slower with every new graphics card I get. It's slower and choppier than ever now with my Core i7, 32 Gb of ram, SSD, GTX 1070 (should be a "monster computer"). Weird. Then I thought I'd see if the good ol forums have any input on the poor performance.

And then I run into THIS...!!! Oh my GOD! NICE! Gotta try at once!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

IsToR wrote:I was just checking if trespasser would run on my new PC, and it seems as if it goes slower and slower with every new graphics card I get. It's slower and choppier than ever now with my Core i7, 32 Gb of ram, SSD, GTX 1070 (should be a "monster computer"). Weird. Then I thought I'd see if the good ol forums have any input on the poor performance.

Another ghost from christmas past! lol Let's see if tomi shows up now. Hope you've been well, unfortunately though, I don't have any advice for you on the card problem. I just got a new card and spec wise it's better, but like you, it didn't improve, rather diminished the frame rates. Gotta be the drivers -
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

IsToR wrote:I was just checking if trespasser would run on my new PC, and it seems as if it goes slower and slower with every new graphics card I get. It's slower and choppier than ever now with my Core i7, 32 Gb of ram, SSD, GTX 1070 (should be a "monster computer"). Weird. Then I thought I'd see if the good ol forums have any input on the poor performance.

Hehey IsToR, good to see ya again mate. Getting a sense of de'ja'vu as I type this, as if the latest version of TresEd was just released yesterday and we re back in 2002-2003!
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

This community is amazing how the holy hell does it keep finding amazing stuff from trespaser! This community may be small but wow it's getting shit done.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

And whatever we can't find, we fake it so well that you can't notice the difference :P
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hilwo wrote:
masterchiefoo7 wrote:One thing I noticed is the Quake symbol is hidden in the mayan ruins in PV. has that always been there?
No. Though it can be found in the basement of the InGen Lab level. Retail, at least... not sure about beta.
Well that explains why it's there in the final. You know, because PV was partially merged with LAB.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Asjad wrote:Hehey IsToR, good to see ya again mate. Getting a sense of de'ja'vu as I type this, as if the latest version of TresEd was just released yesterday and we re back in 2002-2003!
Hey man, long time no see! How are you? I too get the deja vu feeling from time to time. :-). Wasn't that long ago. or.. wait a minute. I just realized how old I am.
AstonopUK
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by AstonopUK »

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums and this game so my apologies if I end up asking something stupid/easily fixable.
I've just installed the PCGamer version of the game and I'm having some trouble actually getting the game to launch at all. I launched the game and the settings menu popped so I edited the video card to my current graphics card, the resolution to 720p and ticked both hardware acceleration and the other option (not fullscreen, but I cannot remember the name of the tick box). I have the application launching in Windows 98 compatibility mode but every time I click play on the launcher menu it makes the screen go black then crashes with the 'Trespasser Pentium Pro Build has stopped working' crash.
Any chance anyone knows what I've done wrong? And is there a way to access the settings menu again outside of the game? (The launcher menu doesn't have an options button so I don't know)

Thanks in advance!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Sadly I'm not aware of any way to access the settings menu outside the game. The only think I can think of that will work would be to uninstall the game and install it again to another folder. The settings themselves should be stored in the Windows Registry, so if you know how to edit that, try look for them there.

You could also try to only renaming the exe itself to something else. The GUIApp that comes with can crash sometimes (so you can't change some settings). Renaming only the exe will make it work again.

It has been some time since I installed it, but I think you don't need to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode. I also recommend going with low res in the game, so like 640xsomething, or 800x600. The game only runs in software mode so if you get the settings menu up again, try to run it without changing anything, I think that should work.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)

Hope you get it to work!
tatu

Post by tatu »

THIS WEEKEND, COMING TO A PC NEAR YOU
CONFID.bmp
CONFID.bmp (900.05 KiB) Viewed 33490 times