TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY

Post by Rebel »

Trescom Level Update (for Spitter): https://www.mediafire.com/file/waw5e05r ... 2.zip/file

Just replace the trescom.grf file inside the Anthology's data folder and place
the 'Script' folder inside of the data folder as well. (the scn file was never
changed, unnecessary)

I personally think that atx's version of spit is better, ie. more distance and
accurate, but at least the damn spitter works now (frill unfurls and spits).

*Seems you need to add 'string Script = "Spitter" ' to the animal and you add 'string Script = "SpitterProjectile" ' to the actual Spit model. I placed
the Script folder inside of the data folder as that's the location it worked. I changed a few variables inside the the spitter.nut file, that seemed to make
the spit direction and length a bit better. They could probably be tweaked further, but good enough -

**Also lowered Anne's jump grunt probability. Just now and then she'll do that (otherwise, just silent).

***I'll get to the tc_isle spitter another day -
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tc_isle update: (restores Spitter actions) link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zxzv7bud ... 2.zip/file

Just replace the tc_isle.grf/scn files inside the Anthology's data folder. This
update restores the spitter's unique dinosaur actions (ie. frill unfurl and spit).
I also restored the 2 tnext console cheats for the level -

Please note: If you haven't already done so, you need to download trescom level
update to restore the spitter's actions in both the trescom and tc_isle level as
the trescom's level update contains the 'Script folder'(which also goes into the
Anthology's data folder.
RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by RavingRaptor »

Nice update Rebel!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Thanks, bud. The prequel has been updated with all the additions and/or changes picked up from the videos and the isle and trescom levels have there spitters back in action.
Rescue was updated before the final Anthology CE release, so we're good now. :)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

This thread makes me want to get into Trespasser again.

Is there a TresCom discord?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:This thread makes me want to get into Trespasser again.

Is there a TresCom discord?
Yes there is. Invite link is on the main site, on the right side, where the forum link is. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote:tc_isle update: (restores Spitter actions) link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zxzv7bud ... 2.zip/file

Just replace the tc_isle.grf/scn files inside the Anthology's data folder. This
update restores the spitter's unique dinosaur actions (ie. frill unfurl and spit).
I also restored the 2 tnext console cheats for the level -

Please note: If you haven't already done so, you need to download trescom level
update to restore the spitter's actions in both the trescom and tc_isle level as
the trescom's level update contains the 'Script folder'(which also goes into the
Anthology's data folder.
Looks like I've been missing a lot thanks to this stupid browser refusing to load TresCom properly (as well as lots of other sites),

Just a question, does this include the additions to TC Isle Slugger and I made long ago?

EDIT: make that two questions. And the updated spitter I released long ago?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hey, machf. Nice to see you around again. I was just ponderin' where you were a few days ago. As far as the isle, I really don't remember which version of the isle
is in the package, though I seem to recall that it was the updated version. I'm not positive on the spitter either, but I think I replaced the original spitters in both of
the levels, the isle and trescom. I'm fairly certain that I have one spitter labeled 'machf spitter', so it had to be your updated version.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Rebel! I know I know, I should have played this already. But I'm finally using that walkthrough to help with puzzles, and I've been in the dam structure looking around.
Spoiler: show
Explored the first and third floors, no sign of the item yet... I was on the third floor to bring the elev back to floor 2, which as I played it seemed the staircase didn't lead to. But the elevator started moving up, and got stuck, bouncing slightly up and down. Thought I'd report!

PS: The sequence of actions was, I went from the door you shoot open into the hall, then into the elevator, and to the third floor. I saved the game and loaded later... and tried the elev from the third floor, with the above result.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hey, Drac. Yah, there's like 30 triggers associated with the elevator and sometimes it works perfectly while other times it's glitchery than hell. You definitely don't want to play off of saved
games from inside the dam though. If anything, save before you enter the dam and after you get the dam up and running. Just a note too, there is a sign associated with the elevator;
'Under Maintenance' If possible please use stairs. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh haha nice idea on the sign.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright so, for various excuses I never got around to fully exploring this level. I used the walkthrough to get past the gate at the compound. From here I used only my exploranose and wandered about a vast forest with a variety of things to see, being careful to loose track of place's relative position. I had a really good time.
The train cart didn't work for me? I have a very recent version, I thought it was the latest one. Is there a puzzle to activate it? I went ahead and set off on my own, found a gate which needs I password I couldn't find. Over time I found two separate bog areas, which were done very nicely, Tres could use more of that. I found a Rex on a bridge, which was great although the destination was lacking a way to progress... I found a certain crate by a bridge, har har, tho I don't know the reference personally. I enjoyed seeing (coelopysis?) everywhere. I was especially impressed with the gas mask and geyser field, never realized you'd take it that direction. But I'm sad to say, despite finding the RV, I was unable to find a passcode for that gate. As of now there aren't specific directions to explore in, but that hardly takes from the experience.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Still wandering around the prequel, hu? Good to hear that you got a kick out of the gas mask, spent a decent amount of time setting that up. I'm fairly certain that the walkthru covers
the other areas of gameplay you're missing, but I'll add a few of them below.
HandRail Car: You just need to throw the switch from 'manual to auto' on the side of the car. Then hop on and touch the hand pump to start it up.
RV: Only one of the cabinet doors in the extended part of the rv opens, that's where the code is written down (backside of the door).
Crate: That's a slap back to Serious Sam. I took their inclusion of that line into their game that they were taking a shot at Trespasser.

Other:
I don't think anyone ever mentioned finding the airplane flybys. One can be triggered out behind the RV and to the right, and the other is ridiculously
positioned so that you'd have to hop onto the top of the tree at the end of the Mayan Entrance Pillars to see that one. You can also kill the Mayan Cera
by climbing the wall and pushing on the half standing arch. A section will fall, crushing him. No weapons needed. The Mayan Dam to the left of those
ruins is how the Mayans got their water (by raising the river level internally and allowing it to pool in the collection hole). The Christmas tree can be
found by crossing the 1st rope bridge. Going right (which is the only way you can go), it's up on the hillside a ways down. It's undecorated, but plays
a short clip of a notable Christmas song. Colonel Bogey's March plays by crossing the 2nd rope bridge (where you found the crate). That's all I recall
at the moment.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great level, I take back what I said ages ago about too much open space.
The RV, yes. I couldn't figure out how to open the door... A hint?

The plane flyby. I heard it, and was wearing a gas mask at the time. By the time I took it off, it must have been gone...

Looks like there's Mayan things I missed! Which surprises me, I found quite a bit. I've never seen such an expansive ruin.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Great level, I take back what I said ages ago about too much open space.
Thanks, but I imagine some like smaller levels. I like both actually. Other things you may have missed;
The Key for the RV is inside of the train maintenance building ( you need to retrieve the capacitor from the wrecked train and restart the wind turbine to get inside).
There's a desert eagle inside of the storage compartment of the wood chipper.
There's a 38 (i think that's the weapon) hidden inside of the fireplace (behind a stone with a ring attached to it)
The MP5 I believe TrespasserGuy found next to the skeletal remains of the man who died inside of the gas zone (his truck died, choked to death).
ShadeFyre mentioned the rollaway doors inside of the compound (they do open; a puzzle board is lying on the ground to breach the gap (inside there's another desert eagle)).
The Mayan Axe (sweet throwing weapon) is near a ruin pile just left of the end level doors.
ShadeFyre also missed the MP5 inside of the truck parked at the maintenance building.
If you wade in from the backside of the dam and walk across the spillway, then sideways down the dam you can access the flood control section of the dam. There's nothing
to do inside of there, but it does complete the operational sensibilities of the dam's operation.
The Tylosaur near the crash site can be tricked out of the water without turning back to the water by heading left up the bank. He'll continue chasing you until he eventually
dies from being out of the water for too long.