Please can someone help me with TresED !!!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

PurpleOP
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Please can someone help me with TresED !!!

Post by PurpleOP »

So im not sure how but I cant find a way to place ground textures in the game plus how do you even put sounds in the game I only hear basketballs being dropped every second and please if there is a easier way to put ground textures !

Thanks ...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Please can someone help me with TresED !!!

Post by TheIdiot »

First off, welcome to the forum! :P Don't panic, we're here to help.
PurpleOP wrote:So im not sure how but I cant find a way to place ground textures in the game
The easiest way to get started is to export the textures you want from another level using TresEd's Export to .tpm function. If you decide to mix and match textures from other levels or make new ones, you MUST make sure you use the same Indexed 256-color palette for all of the textures or they will look messed up in-game.
PurpleOP wrote:plus how do you even put sounds in the game I only hear basketballs being dropped every second
You have to import the dinosaur vocals from other levels for them to work - they show up as trigger cubes usually labelled "Vocal[DinoName][Action]". You can find the vocals for each dinosaur in any retail level. Otherwise you'll end up with "Basketballasauruses".

Also, this isn't really the right place to post for this sort of thing - you should post questions about level editing under the main "Levels and Design" section rather than the JPO forum. :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yeah, I just moved the topic overe here now...

Keep in mind that to use terrain texture, you need to import them as terrain objects... some square with the corresponding texture applied and the necessary t-scripts. See examples in other levels (and in order to be able to select them, enable the option "Terrain->Draw Terrain Objects" in TresEd).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)