What about a TresCom Town? (Abandoned)

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: What about a TresCom Town? (Now In Progress, Feb 2010)

Post by enigma »

I thought I had lost my house file when a second drive corrupted, just found the vmf among many other files. :D
I'll finish it up definitely, as as its in a separate level, maybe add a bit more.

Can't think of many ideas, other than a basic level of terrain and layout so plots can be marked out, so later when it comes to importing they could literally just be imported to the exact coordinates.
How about a gallery/museum even, with like titbits of information from trespasser and trescom, some imagery and models. Audio commentary :D
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

enigma wrote:I thought I had lost my house file when a second drive corrupted, just found the vmf among many other files. :D
I'll finish it up definitely, as as its in a separate level, maybe add a bit more.

Add furniture and stuff if you like :)

Can't think of many ideas, other than a basic level of terrain and layout so plots can be marked out, so later when it comes to importing they could literally just be imported to the exact coordinates.
How about a gallery/museum even, with like titbits of information from trespasser and trescom, some imagery and models. Audio commentary :D
Well, the only problem is that it will take a while to make the layout and level. Since I don't really know how it's going to be yet. So I'll import the houses later into a spot that fits. And it's easier that way. Since if people want, they can make tree houses, beach houses etc!
I will btw, release a level next week where I have imported stuff that you can use in your house.

Oh a galley/museum. yeah we could probebly get that into the level! That would be great!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

The audio commentary also sounds like a fantastic idea, maybe even have all the known people here on trescom say something.
*edit* like hppav and Draco.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm digging the museum idea. Tatu and I were discussing it, and I'm going to use Hammond's House as a base. I'm pretty sure I can handle it time-wise, when the time comes to do it. 8) Got some great ideas already. And yeah, def. audio commentary, from as many folks as are willing to submit something.

Tatu is right, we really shouldn't design the layout of the level until we have pretty much all house submissions, so we know how big everything will be. Nick, how is your house coming??
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:I'm digging the museum idea. Tatu and I were discussing it, and I'm going to use Hammond's House as a base. I'm pretty sure I can handle it time-wise, when the time comes to do it. 8) Got some great ideas already. And yeah, def. audio commentary, from as many folks as are willing to submit something.

Tatu is right, we really shouldn't design the layout of the level until we have pretty much all house submissions, so we know how big everything will be. Nick, how is your house coming??
Is it alright if I drop a teaser for an upcoming level in my audio comment? And do you mind if I use a house from IT?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Thats fine!
Use any house from trespasser if you like :) If you wait to next week I will have a level ready for house making. It's going to have some objects not in Trespasser. Some from the Mystery Models. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Oh! If anyone wants me to make their house I will, just let me know what you want, send me some blueprints or floor plans, and give me some time. I need to practice modeling. I can't do texturing though, so you might have to do that yourself. I may also be able to make some other objects, so if anyone has any ideas, including you Tatu, let me know.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Nick, how is your house coming??
It's done, it doesn't have physic boxes and it's missing windows, doors, deck, and porch pillars, but the main building is done. I haven't worked on it for a while.
If you wan't, I could convert it to tpm and send it to you.

I've found some good, free house 3d models. I'll post the links once I find the files, if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Nick, I'm going to take you up on that 3d house model offer..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Alright, here are the houses I found:
Two Storey:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... evstart=12
Two Storey:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0
Bungalow:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... evstart=96
Bungalow:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... vstart=120

Tell me which one you like and I will convert it to tpm format and make sure it doesn't have too many polygons.
Don't forget to include the original modeler in the credits.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Wow, those are nice :) its cool that they were made with sketchup, never used it myself.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Nick3069 wrote:Alright, here are the houses I found:
Two Storey:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... evstart=12
Two Storey:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0
Bungalow:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... evstart=96
Bungalow:

Tell me which one you like and I will convert it to tpm format and make sure it doesn't have too many polygons.
Don't forget to include the original modeler in the credits.
That second two story puppy is my style, if'n ya don't mind. Partly because I'm a Mainer, so the New England style grabbed me right away. :D
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

I found this by an 'Andres.' Think it's OUR Andres?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

makairu wrote:Wow, those are nice :) its cool that they were made with sketchup, never used it myself.
That's what I used to make my house. :mrgreen: Google's 3d Warehouse has some good stuff. (But mostly bad stuff. :P )
jetblack wrote:That second two story puppy is my style, if'n ya don't mind. Partly because I'm a Mainer, so the New England style grabbed me right away. :D
lol Alright, give me some time and it should be Trespasser ready. It might take some time, depending on how busy I am.
EDIT: Holy shoot! 23151 Triangles! I have a lot of work to do.
jetblack wrote:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... vstart=120
I found this by an 'Andres.' Think it's OUR Andres?
Could be, but I doubt it. "Our" Andres was a more of a programmer than a modeler.

There were actually a few more models that I found but they were in an unknown (to me) file format. They were at TurboSquid.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »