The Stampede *DEAD*

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by makairu »

okay, if I need to give more...let me know. by the way, the valley still isn't finished, the trikes still don't do damage , but I am working on it.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

you can now download a working version at the link below...Finally. Enjoy^^
download now
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

will download once I get home!
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

okay, I can't wait for feedback
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Downloading it now...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TptDac
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TptDac »

Me too!
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Hmm, very interesting. I love what you did the terrain, but there is some work that can be done.

P: The Trikes didn't move fast enough
S: Alot of people don't like to increase the speed on Quads because they seem to trip, but honestly, Raptor trip alot more than Quads do. Here is what I would do. Look for the "float Speed" value in the Trike's t-script. I want you to change that value to anything from 2 - 10. I have a Quad that is on Speed 10, and it works fine; quite fast.

P: No all the Trikes was "awake" went I got up onto the hill.
S: The trikes won't move unless they are awake and kicking. To make them wakeup from a father distance, increase there "float WakeUp value." I don't know how many dinosaur you have there, but I know Trespasser now can support 10 Dinosaur easily with ATX. Trespasser originally would only allow 3 - 4 dinosaur active at once. To allow this feature in ATX, go to you ATX INI file, and look for "MaxActiveDinos". Change that value to 12. Everyone who downloads your level will have to do this. Then, next, I want you to increase your WakeUp distance to something above 100. What you can do is walk up that little valley you made with the "Bones" cheat one (just type bones in the command console(ctrl + f11)). After that, you can see when those trikes way back there will turn on. I suggest that they turn on before the player can see them, so you'll have to experiment with that value.

P: Trikes are aggressive
S: Increase (or give them for that matter) a "float Anger" value. I would put it at 0.5 or above, but nothing above 1. Mood values (Anger, Love, Curiosity, etc) are thought to be a percentage, not a number. This would mean 1 would be 100 percent and 0.5 would be 50 percent. After you set this, give them the actions "actpursue" "actram" "actshouldercharge" "actapproach". That should get them to stampede and in the process, maybe take a lick at the player.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

okay, I'll do all of these, not much work so I'll upload the next version soon.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Okay, this is just another variation of the mod, and the one I prefer to use. The trikes still aren't awake when they first come into view because of performance issues. And I did not reprogram the AI (if I would have then the Trikes wouldn't appear to be stampeding). Instead, I packed all the trikes in the valley into a small group, making it more harder for the player to move through that part without getting killed.http://www.mediafire.com/?8zdm0rvr93s
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

hey, is it something concerning just my installation, or the shotguns in the valley don't shoot anything except the shot sound clip? (I always get killed by raptors cause I go out of ammo :x)
I've never experienced this before in any level
Mankind is overrated.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Ya, that happened to me too. Your missing some instances or values involving the shotgun.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

great....I'll try to fix that now
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Could someone please re-upload the latest version of this mod please?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re:

Post by makairu »

Microceratops wrote:Could someone please re-upload the latest version of this mod please?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That was ages ago, I've lost the files... sorry :(

To be honest it wasn't that great either. :no: