crater lab complex

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, the door you supplied along with the lab complex, use this throughout the complex?

I'm assuming, yes... correct? :cartman:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Just the ones that lead to outside, I'll create another one for use inside...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Here's a few screenies of the complex, Remdul. (Two are from rooftop). If you run n' jump, then hit crouch as you hit the window opening you can hop right onto the roof. :)

Level Screenshot 29
Level Screenshot 30
Level Screenshot 31

The Lab Plex is in level now, all fixed up, minus the doors. (Windows are there too) They were causing a bit of trouble while shooting them out, (couldn't mag them, caused level crashes) but I haven't had any further trouble with them since I lowered the density values and omitted the soundmaterial for every other window model. Maybe too much physical and sound collision was going on there at the same time while shooting them out, more than likely. Anyhoo, they seem ok now. Seven, intact windows, many other windows have a few broken pieces of window clinging to the frames, as well as the ground outside (and roof above as noted in pics) is littered with broken glass.

Looks pretty neat, man. :)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Looks great indeed. :o

I think I'll be creating a few models this week(end) for use in the complex, lab equipment, work on that busted heli etc.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sounds good. We could use a metal storage cabinet too, can put perhaps transparent dna canisters in there on shelves, perhaps place one of our exit air tanks in there as well. Maybe an xray or two hung on a wall, other stuff that I imagine you have already thought of. What about that idea someone posted up in the tres ideas section? Have a dino embryo floating in a tank? Think we can pull that one off?

btw, did you want me to place lights inside the lab? T'was thinking of using the shop lightbulbs themselves, but encase them in a rectangular plastic casing instead of the open framework of the others.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Sure, I think that embryo thing will look great. Will model those lights, some tables, monitors, xray panel, a beamer etc. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Neato. ;)

http://www.trespasserextras.com/bush.jpg

Btw, I was messin' around with your one shrub plant, added an enlarged leaf section to it as shown in pic. Can't work this way, of course, models intersect and blink, but wanted to show you what I was thinking might look good for that corner of the building. What d'ya think? Like the look, and if so, can you add some faces to your existing shrub to mimic the above? I'd do it myself, but this crap modelling program that I have doesn't allow multiple texture mapping, which to me is an utterly stupid limitation.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Sure, I'll create another variation.

Got some stuff for inside the lab:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/labstuff1.jpg

Inludes a locker with movable door, an computer monitior showing some 3d xray type animation (you can loop it back and forth) as well as a damage texture, and xray wall panel, unlit, lit and broken. :)

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom ... ff1_v1.zip

* btw, I found some of the xrays on the web, of mutated frogs and the right top one is a chicken where I replaced the wings with claws. 8)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

STuff looks quite cool, Remdul. :)

*Rem, may be wrong, but I think there's a stray vert on the main monitor. I Noticed in tresed when highlighting the object, the axis point is several feet to the left of the model instead of centered on the model as normal.

(working on the xray stuff now)

**Nevermind about the monitor, fixed. (animation looks pretty cool on screen... nice work :) )

Here's a pic

I wasn't sure how you wanted this to work, but I have it set up so that you can turn on/off both sides of xray monitor separately as shown in pic. I can change it so that just one button (or switch) controls the entire xray pic, up to you, just lemme know which you prefer. The monitor animation plays continously, unless of course, someone wastes a bullet and kills the monitor. (same deal with the xrays, can be shot up)

***Oh, found out that I can climb all the way up to the top of the radio tower. Not much to do afterwards, so I jumped! :D
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Think its best to treat the two parts as an entire panel. It crossed my mind that I could add two switches etc. but the seam which I spend some time on to hiding doesn't make it look good.

Maybe you can make it flicker a few times when you turn it on?

Looking forward to climb up that tower as well!

* Ps. can you make Anne climb ladders somehow? I could use a few in the SS Venture...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Full panel it is. (I'll check into the flickering, though using tracktwo settings to control off, on and broke may not allow me to do that)

Climbin' is weird stuff. I have no explanation as to why Anne can climb that tower, yet she can barely make it up the ladder in tc level which is placed at a greater angle. Could place your ladders wherever you need them, but there's no guarantee that she'll be able to climb them. Perhaps the difference is, each rung (or cross member) of the tower was individually subbed out, whereas that ladder mentioned wasn't....
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Oh, and btw, can you make the turned on xray panels and the monitor unlit?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hmm... might make the off screen too bright on the xray panel, but I think using unlit would be fine with the monitor. You might not be able to pick it up in that screenie, but the xrays look really bright as turn them on.

*Actually, just the opposite. Your xrays look better unlit, but the monitor doesn't. Go figure....

So, yeah, changed xrays to unlit. ;)

Here's a few aerial shots

http://www.trespasserextras.com/tower1.jpg
http://www.trespasserextras.com/tower2.jpg
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, I was just thinking you could have just the turned on panels/monitor unlit and the other ones lit...anyhow, if you say it looks good then keep it like this. :)

Another model:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/labcart1.jpg

And here's the ZIP:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/labcart.zip

Altered the palette of a few textures (included), might have to update them...

* btw, place looks great from up there 8)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Like the labcart, neato. :) (I'll update the replacement textures)

Got some ideas for you for our control room upstairs (layout of controls, their useage, et cetera), but got home late from work today, so I'll post hard details up a little later, then you could let me know what ya think.

Well, the details are:

L shaped control station, bottom would be open to fascilitate the use of chairs, top set just below window height(left and far front wall (towards hanger) There could be several camera monitors which can show a screen shot of certain pen areas (so we would need to add actual mounted camera on post perhaps around these areas, camera on, camera off buttons (camera 1, camera 2) beside each monitor. A small, transparent dome (type of thing we've all seen in scifi movies) which will change to red and blink if either the elevator alarm or other alarms within the lab complex are triggered. Should have a white, broken shell too, in case player shoots its out, breaks alarm light. Perhaps a hands free microphone, sorta like those flex ones we buy for our computers, except unmoveable. (to make the microphone make sense, a speaker should also be built into the console and perhaps we could add intercoms in each room of the lab)There could also be another monitor (these monitor faces are built into the console, sorta like a nasa type layout) which will be needed to unlock the elevator complex door. Two buttons, Enable, P-Door. There will be a computer numpad beside the monitor as well. Once player hits enable button, screen will come to life.

Black Screen: Enter Security Code _ (blinking cursor, maybe, just like a computer)

With numpad, as player enters digits, the screen willl mimic a computer entry code such as by this: **** Each asterisk added will denote a number entered(number entered hidden, of course). Wrong entry, screen will reset back to Enter Security Code _

Once correct code inputted, screen could print, 'Code Accepted'. This will enable the the second button, P-Door, which, once depressed, will unlock the elevator complex. Not sure where the code could be, but several ideas crossed my mind. ONe, the code is on a piece of paper and taped to the bottom of a desk drawer that player would need to pull out and turn over to see. Somewhat common for office personel to do hide important data like this; must be true, seen it in movies! :D Another thought was an ID Card. Seeing that we have a graphical representation of Hammond (from smk video), we could make up a Picture ID Card and have the security code on that, (simply need to hide this somewhere logical). Could have other ID Cards about to, but perhaps they're torn or in some other way unreadable.

There should also be an override control for our crater entrance, along with perhaps another monitor screen which shows window's blue screen of death (you mentioned this a long time ago, I think it was you since I recall reading somewhere that you loved Bill Gates' software)

Tell me what you think, bud. ;)

Remdul wrote:Well, I was just thinking you could have just the turned on panels/monitor unlit and the other ones lit...anyhow, if you say it looks good then keep it like this. :)
Err... actually, the off (unlit) xray screen doesn't look so hot now that I look at again (too bright). I'll have to rewrite the triggers, do some hokus pokus with the visibles in unison with the anims. Thanks for pointing that one out. :o