My new map, working on it

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: My new map, working on it

Post by Teromen »

Separater, Standard Pressure Crystylizer and the wellhead. I still need several models to represent a power plant. I'm not sure if rusted metal textures make sense on something that is designed to run a LONG time with low maintenance. I'm gonna make ramps and walkways that the pipes lay on with stairways for access. Run the pipes last in 3dsmax. Then get my terrain finished, looking more realistic and get it into the editor and then get the plant into the editor. Then I'll come up with the puzzles.

Before all of that I really need to play that version of the power plant that got released to the community a while back. 98 demo or something right? I wanna see how they did it first.
Attachments
TPass0012.jpg
TPass0012.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 11722 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Your models look spiffy. 8)
Trespasser "Build 96" was when TresCom first, after many years of attempted recreation, finally got to see what Pine Valley really looked like. There's a Bay run by Pirates on the internet on which one may find it. It's sort of odd, by now TresCom has released multiple builds of Trespasser but not this one... Ah oh I forgot - PV itself - the version from b96 - was uploaded to TresCom by itself. Can't remember if the link is in the downloads section, but I know there is an attempted light 'fix' of that level listed there. You should DEFINITELY look it up if you've not seen it already.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

This should be all of them, at least the main ones. Im gonna need a catwalk to acess the equipment. I still need to add some details and do the texturing too. The turbine/generator needs more detail to be recognizable as what it is. Im not the worlds best modeler by any means but they seem ok to me, especially for a game that came out in 1998.

I still remember my pentium 100 overclocked to 124mhz and voodoo banshee playing Trespasser(I was one of the 50,000 hehe) for christmas... Barely playable, good times.
Attachments
TPass0013.jpg
TPass0013.jpg (11.45 KiB) Viewed 11714 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I do like the models; from this perspective they do seem slightly wanting of variation in color. Tres often accomplishes this with varied details of grime and rust; take it in the direction you will. Perhaps identifying patterns of paint.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Really liking it! Always nice to see someone else making new models for Trespasser, since people who aren't skilled in 3D modelling sort of rely on other's assets to help them build levels. I agree with Draco, though, they could definitely use some sharper, more contrasting textures. Do keep in mind that textures in the game must be 256x256 256-colour bmp images, which can be limiting. Unless of course you want to use CE's HD texture function, which I highly recommend.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Transformer.

edit: 2nd and 3rd pics.(shows them first for some reason) Changing around the textures a little bit. See what you think and let me know. I'd delete the older image but I don't know how.
Attachments
TPass0017.jpg
TPass0017.jpg (14.86 KiB) Viewed 11687 times
TPass0016.jpg
TPass0016.jpg (10.02 KiB) Viewed 11687 times
TPass0014.jpg
TPass0014.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 11689 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I like the new stuff!

A word of caution: choose for yourself, but I found over time that it's best to be reserved about posting progress on a mod, and when showing it off, choosing the least-revealing screenshots. Makes it so players have mysteries and surprises to look forward to.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

I like sharing the progress. It seems like there are two types of maps people want. One is a Nublar based map with the V.C. and the other is a geothermal power plant. That's my best guess.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

A word of caution: choose for yourself, but I found over time that it's best to be reserved about posting progress on a mod, and when showing it off, choosing the least-revealing screenshots. Makes it so players have mysteries and surprises to look forward to.
I think it depends more on if the level is large vs small. Smaller levels tend to be more of a show-off of game mechanics and less new stuff, so showing screenshots isn't especially bad with them. A bigger one however should keep more hidden, especially if it's a total conversion with lots of new stuff never before seen.
It seems like there are two types of maps people want. One is a Nublar based map with the V.C.
Eh hem.
viewforum.php?f=146
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtjp-tres
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Awesome, lets hope it gets finished.

I was thinking more of a single map with a Nublar theme. Instead of a large mod. Fences and other stuff like the utility sheds in it. I also wanna do a map with a whole new style. Nothing related to JP. Something to release my creativity with. All future projects I guess. Project ideas.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Hey Teromen, what happen to this? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Pretty good looking and way more better than I could do when it comes to objects I'm more familiar with dinosaurs.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye Teromen, didn't know you had a mod going. Any plans to continue?
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

Last active in Feb :?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Argh that sucks. Hope he comes back around.