A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Shodan09
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by Shodan09 »

Hello,

Very sorry for the delay in replying. It's been a hectic week!

It's actually happening on all the levels now! I've tried a variety of resolutions but still with the same result.

EDIT: No luck using Atl-Tab either, it's still red when I come back to the game.
Last edited by Shodan09 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Best of luckk .. ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hmm. Shodan, have you tried reinstalling the game? And have you tried running the other versions of the EXE, namely the one that comes on the CD and the ATX patch?
Yuhwryu123
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Yuhwryu123 »

That red thing happens to me on my laptop too, and the files are definitely not broken (they work on my desktop.) I think it just has to do with the integrated graphics.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Yuhwryu123 wrote:That red thing happens to me on my laptop too, and the files are definitely not broken (they work on my desktop.) I think it just has to do with the integrated graphics.
This seems highly likely to me now that you mention it. I had a few problems with Tres on an integrated graphics laptop as well, so this seems to be the problem. That's too bad, but I guess games at the time weren't designed with portable graphics cards in mind. :(
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I have an Acer laptop. My laptop have integrated graphics (Intel) and an external (Nvidia). I can't run CE with the integrated graphics, if I do, I will get a black screen and the hearing the intro movie audio but it is really stuttering. However, running with the Nvidia one instead it works really nicely.

The only issue I have is with the EAX. If I go into a building with those triggers, they don't disable when I go outside again, and the eco effect when firing are still there, but I'm pretty sure this is a setting conflict I haven't bother looking at. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Yuhwryu123 wrote:That red thing happens to me on my laptop too, and the files are definitely not broken (they work on my desktop.) I think it just has to do with the integrated graphics.
Could you post the contents of your "trespasser.log" file from your laptop.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Does anyone know if Lee left in the foot/leftfoot code in C.E.? In the demo and original retail you were able to assign those models via t-script (like tc isle's compys).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:Does anyone know if Lee left in the foot/leftfoot code in C.E.? In the demo and original retail you were able to assign those models via t-script (like tc isle's compys).
I believe so - they show up when you have the BONES cheat on. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot wrote:
Rebel wrote:Does anyone know if Lee left in the foot/leftfoot code in C.E.? In the demo and original retail you were able to assign those models via t-script (like tc isle's compys).
I believe so - they show up when you have the BONES cheat on. :)
You referring to the compys? The engine auto assigns foot models, but in certain instances, like that of the compy, it was necessary to assign them via t-script as the engine seems to apply a 'one size fits all' approach. The raptors also seem to suffer less glitches (ie. like getting stuck inside sub-objects if walked on) if you assign them their own foot models and set density in lieu of mass.
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

If the functionality was in the code then I assume it should work like the original. As far as I recall I'd have no reason to remove something, especially not something that was already optional (via t-script in this case).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:You referring to the compys? The engine auto assigns foot models, but in certain instances, like that of the compy, it was necessary to assign them via t-script as the engine seems to apply a 'one size fits all' approach. The raptors also seem to suffer less glitches (ie. like getting stuck inside sub-objects if walked on) if you assign them their own foot models and set density in lieu of mass.
Yessir. It looks to me like the foot models are aligned properly on the TC compies - they seem to be the same scale and in the right position as they were in ATX when tested. I've tested it with other dinosaurs too, like the dilophosaurus, and it all works fine! Lee's message above also serves as extra confirmation.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote: You referring to the compys? The engine auto assigns foot models, but in certain instances, like that of the compy, it was necessary to assign them via t-script as the engine seems to apply a 'one size fits all' approach.
That's because there's a minimum size set in the engine... something to do with physics glitches, according to comments in the code, IIRC.
The raptors also seem to suffer less glitches (ie. like getting stuck inside sub-objects if walked on) if you assign them their own foot models and set density in lieu of mass.
Hmmm, interesting.

BTW, there seems to be a problem when you assign foot boxes to quadrupeds in the original, it would be great to get that fixed... I'll take alook at the code again to point out what it is.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

BTW, there seems to be a problem when you assign foot boxes to quadrupeds in the original, it would be great to get that fixed... I'll take alook at the code again to point out what it is.
Let me guess. Only 3 feet have boxes? I defeated that a while ago, but the solution seemed stupid. I had to double assign one of the foot models on remdul's little piggy. It works in the demo engine, but I haven't checked it out in any of the retails. The quadrupeds have no auto-assigned foot models if I remember, they'll basically just fall through anything other than terrain without the below assignments.

Code: Select all

string RightFoot = "$BoarRFoot-00"
    string LeftFoot = "$BoarLFoot-00"
    string LeftRearFoot = "$BoarREARFoot-00"
    string RightRearFoot = "$BoarRightFoot-00"
    string Foot = "$BoarREARFoot-00"

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote:
Let me guess. Only 3 feet have boxes? I defeated that a while ago, but the solution seemed stupid. I had to double assign one of the foot models on remdul's little piggy. It works in the demo engine, but I haven't checked it out in any of the retails. The quadrupeds have no auto-assigned foot models if I remember, they'll basically just fall through anything other than terrain without the below assignments.

Code: Select all

string RightFoot = "$BoarRFoot-00"
    string LeftFoot = "$BoarLFoot-00"
    string LeftRearFoot = "$BoarREARFoot-00"
    string RightRearFoot = "$BoarRightFoot-00"
    string Foot = "$BoarREARFoot-00"

Yes, they have no auto-assigned boxes and the naming is rather unconventional. But no, it's something more than just that. As I said, I need to take another look at the code...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files