Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Atherton Manor

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey everyone. I have to tell you guys that it turns out my computer can't handle the level of video editing I need to be able to do to keep my show going as-planned. I may be purchasing a new computer in coming months.. Until then I'm going to dedicate my time to new and interesting Trespasser levels to take you across the multiverse.

The latest of these is "AM", Atherton Manor. Set in the ancient dwelling of Trespasser-InGen's co-founder, this building will be full of interesting and hopefully challenging puzzles to solve to progress. As well this level features an all-greyscale-plus-red color scheme. That is, no other colors regardless of the objects. Look forward to updates soon -
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Atherton Manor

Post by Rebel »

Looks good, Drac. ;) I've always been fascinated with ancient rome and greek history. I often wonder just
where he world would be today if those empires had never fallen.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I really like the look of this, especially that you've gone with the stylized red-and-white look. I wonder, however, what the significance of that is in the level...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I've always wanted to do a b&w colored level, but I've also always had a foundness for color palettes of greyscale and a single hue. In this case I chose red - thinking there are others I may do in the future.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Have decided to release a beta of this level. There's just no telling when a final version might be done and ATM I feel like releasing what's there. Let me know what you think -

https://app.box.com/s/6f2u59vfdsjctlkmkz0trso4hx4gdd99
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The mansion model is very good, Drac. What precisely did you do with the textures? it can't be just
grayscale noting the red splashes of color. I'd go completely grayscale. Oh, and those steps leading
up to the tower are treacherous!

*Besides my hand, I seem to be invisible! It's sort of freaky ( and I miss my boobies. :lol: )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks Reb.
With the textures, there were a couple different ways I handled them but the most common was simply to load a custom grayscale-plus-red palette in Wally. I took additional steps when I wanted something to be all-red.
Hehe, the hand-only player has featured in a few of my releases. It's intended to evoke old point-and-click games were you interact with the environment using a hand-cursor.