Old fan levels that got lost. Backups anyone?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Old fan levels that got lost. Backups anyone?

Post by Draconisaurus »

*sees Nick's avatar* Hey, where is that book that we discovered the Tres devs used for dinosaur skin reference?
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

machf wrote:Hey guys. I've just been uploading several levels to TresCom, check out the "levels" section.
http://www.trescom.org/levels/
I like the blackness of jetblack's level screenshot. :P
Thanks for the uploads. Now they can't get lost on some dusty old hard drives and be found by some passer-bys the just stumbled over Trespasser.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Hey guys. I've just been uploading several levels to TresCom, check out the "levels" section.
:D Glad to see more of these finally getting uploaded. I'll have to check out the one or two I haven't seen before. Thanks, machf!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

mleise wrote:
I like the blackness of jetblack's level screenshot. :P
Would you believe that was the brightest one I found? The other candidate was even darkest...
Thanks for the uploads. Now they can't get lost on some dusty old hard drives and be found by some passer-bys the just stumbled over Trespasser.
Oh, there are quite a lot more *currently* on a certain dusty old hard drive sitting on my desk... :wink: (but fortunately I copied the contents to a shiny new hard drive first!) :P
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I just uploaded a few more of the levels requested here:
mleise wrote:
This is the list of levels with broken download links, together with the related forum post:
...and a few more not listed there.

More to come soon! Stay tuned! And check the "Levels" section of the site: http://www.trescom.org/levels/
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Double posting as I upload levels in blocks of 10... this time we have:
mleise wrote: Levels recovered so far:
Plus two more: Tatu's "Dead Place"and "The Sea" which weren't listed here...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

A few more... the last ones for tonight.
Plus another Demo mod by Draconisaurus, a simple test level made by Asjad, Draconisaurus' Xmas Arena, the original version of NedryLand (much like my player mesh replacement test level) and version 2.5 (sort ot test level for East Dock).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, a wgile ago I finished uploading some more:
Plus some others which aren't listed there.

Take a look at the Levels download section and let me know if there's any other one you remember which isn't there yet, I haven't looked through my old Pentium 4's HDD yet... that's where I have everything from before 2009.

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Nice machf!
I see my "Remake of the Beach" is password protected :P I think I should repack it and reupload it as I don't see the point of having a password like that anymore.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, the password generator is still online, so no problem with it...

I've found more levels on my Pentium 4's HDD, unfortunately a couple ones (Purussaurus' purus34.rar and Draconisaurus' IJ_Skydiving_full.rar) were broken... either they didn't finish downloading properly back then, or they became corrupt when I copied them over the network and I didn't realize it until now... Oh, well, at least there are older versions of both of them.
And anyway, I see from the RAR directory that Drac's file only added the retail's wtd, swp and pid files... and I had already uploaded Purussaurus' file after getting it from somewhere else some weeks ago.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess this is going to be the last update I make, unless I find some other level lying around... (well, there *is* one whose name I can't remember, and the filenames aren't too helpful...)
...and some other stuff, like the first version of Beach: Reloaded, glitchhunter09's Pine Valley fixed and Pine Valley duplicate, and RexHunter99's Pine Forest, among others.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lots of levels being uploaded... Nice @_@ Wish RexHunter still hung out around here.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There are a few more but since they are unreleased (because they weren't finished), I first want to ask their authors if it's OK to share them with the public...

(Which reminds me of several betas of JPDS I have lying around...)
tatu

Post by tatu »

The only early version of JPDS I can think of being interesting for the public is back when it used to be one huge level and not split up. As far as I know JPDS never heavily changed any area after it was done.

I have TONS of earlier JPDS versions myself, around 100 of them. I might go through them at some point and release them.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Since you mention it, I'll say that I am planning to re-release JPDS this Summer, with SCN triggers in place where they were originally intended to be, as well as a finished version of a certain WiseOldTree easter egg in JPDS~streams...

And yeah, as Tatu mentioned, the only early version of JPDS of interest is probably the last beta before the level was split into smaller ones. Wouldn't mind that being online. There were also, IIRC, multiple versions of JPDS~testing released.. Can't say whether any were of interest but I do know some of the broken puzzles in the final release used to work.