TPM Export scripts problem

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

TPM Export scripts problem

Post by Second Illiteration »

Are there different versions? I used to be able to export models to TPM from Gmax fairly easily, but now a days I get a message: --Runtime error: feature not available: "createFile"

EDIT: Ok I guess I have different versions of the export script. tried a different one and no the error I get is: --No""-"" function for undefined
Last edited by Second Illiteration on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: TPM Export scripts problem

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah. I got something similar except no error. For some reason when I used them, GMax wouldn't even acknowledge them. Even in the correct folder so I finally said screw it and gave up. In addition, models were smearing up the screen when I did anything so I couldnt' see what I was doing...
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

If worse comes to worse you could perhaps try importing the 3DS into Blender 2.49 and use the export scripts I made. They work though only with 2.49 as I didn't get around rewriting them to work with Blender 2.6 (it's planed... I happened to find again my lost wine-trespasser directory :D )
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Second Illiteration wrote:Are there different versions? I used to be able to export models to TPM from Gmax fairly easily, but now a days I get a message: --Runtime error: feature not available: "createFile"

EDIT: Ok I guess I have different versions of the export script. tried a different one and no the error I get is: --No""-"" function for undefined
The first one sounds like you may be trying to use the export script for 3DS MAX in Gmax (Gmax can't write to files).

You can still find the scripts here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5680
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Yeah, the first one I think I got figured out, now I'm stuck with the second one. I think something with the Skin portion is causing an error