Pine Valley fix v0.1

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Pine Valley fix v0.1

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Basically, what you are about to download is Pine Valley from the Beta 96 fixed up a little graphically. Future changes may include fixes to other things involving the code and puzzles. I dunno yet. I just mainly did this to kill some time. Changes you'll find:

- Raptor skins are now replaced with the Tribe B final skins. As you know, the Raptors in the level had problems with the colors of their mouthes and their spots were really light orange compared to the other beta levels' Tribe B raptors. Special thanks to Machf for telling me how to fix mipmap issues. =) Thanks Pal.

-the T-Rex, who suffered from similar issues as the raptor has been replaced too. However, rather than a skin from the final, I replaced him with Asjad's Green T-Rex. Why? Well, from a lot of the promotional images, the "Beta Green T-Rex" apparently calls Pine Valley and a few other levels in the betas its home. Asjad's Rex is currently the closes we have that I'm aware of to that Rex. So, I put it in the level.

-Stegosaurus at the end of the level works now, however, I'm not sure how well, so be aware if it seemingly wanders out of the area around you and even tries to go into the ocean close to the end of the level. It has an anchor but I'm not sure if it's in the area or not, and anyway, I have the stay near in ATX disabled so I dunno what's going on. Need to see where the anchor for that Stego is.

As for the "Escape From Jurassic Park" attempt, I'm having to temporarily put it on hold until I can find some people willing to help.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gyp9g82m25l8snm
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Pine Valley fix v0.1

Post by LtSten »

You should be able to look up the name of the anchor in the Steg's values, and then use find/ctrl+f to find by instance name, and put in the anchor's name...
At least, I think. :P
Good work, anyway!
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I actually did that earlier today btw. I'm not exactly sure where the anchor is though tbh because I only quickly glanced at it, but it does exist in the level still thankfully. The name of the Anchor is oddly "Bigfight" Which hints that there might have been some kind of fight with the Stegosaurus and another animal. Not sure if it's the Trike close by or not though. The Trike has an entirely different "Staynear" Anchor so it seems unlikely. What I've found odd is that there's an almost complete absence of Carnivores near and after the Geothermal plant....

Asjad's Rex eating the trike.
End of level Stego up and running

One thing I've done after the release above is remove the Pond Stego Anchor's visiblility. Now you can't see it which is good because it looked weird seeing a floating grey block anyway.

Other changes to possibly come:
-Anne's Beta model being replaced by her final (it functions better on the water in terms of floating.)
-Setting the Beta TPAs to function with ATX for Pine Valley. Should be good to do since it will mean you can keep the old TPA from the retail. Though for now, borrow Machf's retail and beta TPA fusion he has up on the site.
-whatever else I can do with my limited knowledge. (which won't be ground breaking, but should make the level a little bit more enjoyable. )
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

You are aware that you can search for the anchor right? That way you will find it easy.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I already know where it is lol and I have used the search feature before to find it. At the time though, I was in the middle of something else so I only took a small glance at it.
Lord Rapteru
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Lord Rapteru »

Good work, glitchhunter09. I know where most of the mistakes are in Pine Valley. Some stuff is unfinished, too. Some of the unused Anne Voice Overs work for the nest. Here is one example of a mistake in Pine Valley that is still in your version, which is in bold and the correction value is in parenthesis:

ValueTable for instance 1962 "Trig_VH49-00" :

group Trig_VH49-00 = {
string Class = "CLocationTrigger"
int FireCount = 1
int AlphaChannel = 0
int ActionType = 0
string Sample = "VC H49 - A154"
bool PlayerEnterTrigger = true
float Attenuation = 0.000000
float Volume = -65.000000 (0.000000)
}

I am willing to help you in your project in fixing Pine Valley because that is my goal too.

I have listed some suggestions that you can use if you choice to fix pine valley:

1. The demo provides some solutions for pine valley's mistakes and provides good models to replace the bad ones in pine valley.

2.The last part of the level needs to match up with the lab retail terrain in the beginning part. The Terrain in the first part of the level "Raptor Hill" is too steep for walking, even if the terrain edit mode says it is not, it might be better to match it up with the height of the it terrain at the end of level.

3.The raptor nest is an important part of the level, which also give me the idea for the RaptorBBoss and RaptorABoss.Some of the unused Anne Voice Overs are for the Nest in Pine Valley which is fitting for a Raptor Boss Battle.

4. Albertasaurs will help fill up the dinosaur lacking areas between the nest and the road. The are only albertasaurs in 2 levels in the retail and 3 in the beta.

5. Male Trex from pine valley is used in the lab retail we should replace the one in pine valley with the Female Version so that there be a total of 7 trex with 3 male, 3 female, and 1 alpha.

6. If we want pine valley in the retail we had to make a new level because pv still links with the beta even if the files are in the retail data folder, we have to label it gp for geothermal plant instead pv for pine valley and create a new level through the shell generator.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Okay, look. Those aren't ideas that will work. I don't intend to have it match up with the retail levels as that's not how the level was intended originally. Second, get off the Raptor bosses theory. There's evidence there was one and only one boss in the form of a Hammond voiceover stating that they had no idea why one Raptor grew so large.

Third, I've kind of abandoned this for now until top secret project X is done by the "others".
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

While I agree that the raptor boss theory stuff doesn't fit here, it might be something interesting to see generally, but that would probably be better discussed in its own thread...

I think if *anybody* decides to "fix" PV as it were, the main problem I'd want to make sure people don't fall into the trap of thinking is actually a problem would be:
4. Albertasaurs will help fill up the dinosaur lacking areas between the nest and the road. The are only albertasaurs in 2 levels in the retail and 3 in the beta.
Retail levels as they are are already dinosaur-infested-not-many-puzzles-shoot-'em-in-the-head sort of levels, which isn't exactly what's exciting about Trespasser (I mean, the odd bit, sure, but when you have an entire game of walk, stack crates, kill raptors, repeat, not so much :P), so shoving in a load of dinosaurs might not be the best way to improve it, rather than changing and adding more interesting things; that's all, just my opinion, ofc, though. ;)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]