Future Project Plans

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

What full game would you like to see made first?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Game based upon Jurassic Park Novel by Michael Crichton
43%
Game based upon 16-bit Jurassic Park games
57%

Total votes: 7

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Future Project Plans

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hey everyone, as you know, I've canned the old Labyrinth stage I did and released it recently. I've actually got a few ideas for potential full game projects in the future. One of them is a project Draco had planned but never finished. Basically, it was a full game that mimicked the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Super NES Jurassic Park titles. This was mainly inspired by my chiptune rips for the games I did a while back.

The other project idea I have is also a full game. The idea is basically intended to be a game based upon the first Michael Crichton Jurassic Park novel rather than the movie.

The trouble is, I'm not sure what game to do first. I like the JP1 Novel digitization, but also want to try the 16-bit game styled project as well. Regardless of what one I decide on, I'm going to need some help in the form of creating models, possibly voice actors, and if anybody has access to any such software, making cutscenes. The cutscenes can be 2D or 3D. I don't care which. I may also need additional help with coding, but I am gonna be doing most of it unless somebody wants to make this a joint effort.

But anyway, any volunteers please let me know. Also, I'm gonna try and post a pole to see what game you'd like to see first. Polls will be open for the next three days hopefully. Within that time, whichever game gets the highest votes will be worked on first.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Future Project Plans

Post by Hilwo »

I'm gonna go with the 16 bit games. It's a little less ambitious, and I'm a retro gamer :) Gotta love Rampage Edition...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Indeed. Jurassic Park Rampage Edition is awesome.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Antispam: No

Post by jetblack »

I can voice act if need be. What engine are you thinking of doing? The Tres engine?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well, yes, it is. I mean, this is the board for the Tres Engine.
As for the poll, it's 3 to 3 so if by tomorrow, there's a tie, I'm gonna have to do something to break it. What though, I'm not sure. I could reset the poll to run another day maybe if a tie happens, but I'm hoping it doesn't.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

I would have to say for the 16-bit game, because I never had really played any of the games.(although I could use my emulator...)
It would also feel good to take things step-by-step, start with the easy one first (or the one I think would be easier, since I really don't know...)
Can't wait to play the one you decide to make!! :wink:
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Apparently, I'm having issues making a map. Dunno what's up, but minilev doesn't want to work properly and I have the Run as Administartor option checked in properties. I wonder if the stage just got corrupted when I transferred it off of my flash drive....
I'll try downloading it again and see.

The issue is that the stage loads fine in TresEd but crashes the game before loading it. Hopefully, somebody can help me.
Last edited by glitchhunter09 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Apparently, I'm having issues making a map. Dunno what's up, but minilev doesn't want to work properly and I have the Run as Administartor option checked in properties. I wonder if the stage just got corrupted when I transferred it off of my flash drive....
I'll try downloading it again and see.

The issue is that the stage loads fine in Trespasser but crashes the game before loading it. Hopefully, somebody can help me.
Hmm... I can't help you there. I don't have much experience with TresEd (assuming you used TresEd), mainly due to the fact that my mouse is messed up, and it's a little difficult to understand :?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Well, yes, it is. I mean, this is the board for the Tres Engine.
As for the poll, it's 3 to 3 so if by tomorrow, there's a tie, I'm gonna have to do something to break it. What though, I'm not sure. I could reset the poll to run another day maybe if a tie happens, but I'm hoping it doesn't.
No I know that, but you said game. I misunderstood it I guess. xD
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Polls are almost over. Get in those last few votes if you haven't yet. Also, I'd really like it if some expert Trespasser modders actually looked at this thread *cough* Draco, machf, Hppav, and Rexhunter99 *cough*
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Define "16 bit games"...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Gladly:
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Jurassic Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_Z3zofE_8

Jurassic Park Rampage Edition for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG3HrfM4 ... ideo_title

Super Nintendo Jurassic Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssn6C8Quh8A

Super Nintendo Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsCBaQ3u9c

And then there's two more which may or may not be part of it in some way:
Sega CD Jurassic Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gucxiF3PYDU

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive The Lost World: Jurassic Park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt3KFDcn_OQ

Basically, Draconisaurus originally came up with this idea after hearing my rips of various chip tunes from a few of the above games. Unfortunately, due to the demand of other projects, such as JPDS and the Trespasser uncut project now going on based upon the Beta 96, it sort of was put on indefinite hold. He gave me the basic synopsis though and I still have it as a matter of fact, plus the test level he did.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I vote for the Jurassic Park Sega CD one... could help you with that.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well, the game's supposed to be a mix of all the 16-bit era Jurassic Park games' concepts and ideas, including Sega CD Jurassic Park most likely. But, that sounds cool Machf, whatever help I can get. =) Originally, Sega CD Jurassic Park wasn't intended for the project, but since it's a 16-bit game, I felt it needed at least one level dedicated to it. As for the Lost World's, it's a little iffy, especially, since the other 16-bit era games are all JP1 games, so that one might not have any ideas used for it.

On another note to everyone else reading this thread who hasn't voted yet, the polls are almost over, so hurry and vote.

Issues with maps resolved. Figured out what was wrong. In other news, Polls are over and the 16-bit Jurassic Park Project wins by one vote. I'll create a thread in the projects board later.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

By two votes if you count mine... (couldn't vote for some reason)