TresEd crash

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

TresEd crash

Post by Anna »

I've got a problem.. When I start TresEd, it can only be open for.. max an hour, maybe two (depends on how much it's used). When that hour has passed, my whole computer shuts down, whitout no warning or anything. If I open TresEd again, after starting the computer, it can be open for.. 15 minutes, I think. When the computer shuts down again, and I start it up and open TresEd, it can be open for 5-10 minutes. The longer I'm not using TresEd, the longer can it stay open. Anybody have some suggestions for why it's happening and/or know how to stop the crashes?
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: TresEd crash

Post by Nick3069 »

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, like if your computer over heats. If you're good in computers and if the warranty on your computer expired already, check if your heat sink is well installed on your processor and if the paste in between is still liquid. You should also check the same things on your graphic card. Also check to see if all your fans are working.

I had a similar problem happen to me not long ago. When I started the computer, after a few minutes it would turn off and if I tried to immediately restart it, it would shut down after just a few seconds.
My problem was the processor paste.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TresEd crash

Post by Draconisaurus »

Anna, your computer is a bit old.. I bet it is the "processor paste". I wonder if I can send you some for your bday.. :P Sadly I used up all the stuff that came with mine, because I didn't know how to use it properly and wasted most of it.. But anyway, your dad might be able to help with that. Tell him you have professional advice saying that your comp is overheating and you need to check that as well as the fans.. a good dusting may go a long way, too.