Test levels

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Test levels

Post by machf »

Well, since there's this current craze about releasing levels, I talked to S.I., and now here are those two test levels I mentioned that were originally meant for release after the Easter level was done:

The Greenhouse:
http://files.filefront.com/Greenhousezi ... einfo.html

The Armory:
http://files.filefront.com/Armoryzip/;8 ... einfo.html

Just keep in mind they are test levels - stuff in them isn't necessarily in final version, and there's absolutely no storyline whatsoever. Feel free to use whatever you find there in your own levels. Enjoy!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

Is the minigun barrel supposed to be underground? (looking at it in TresEd)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-

Post by Nem »

Nice... I especially like the Armory.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

hppav wrote:Is the minigun barrel supposed to be underground? (looking at it in TresEd)
No, it's right there. Turn on all objects...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well I'm not sure most of the guns are to my liking, however there are some I'll be taking a closer look at.... :ninja:

@Greenhouse level: wow, those are um... interesting! Where the frak did they come from?! o_O Those are pretty weird lol. I do like some of them, they remind me of the foliage in the Halo 1 swamps. But the square faces and such are rather distrubing, totally destroys the appearance of the trees at close range. I may try and fix a certain few of these up and use them.. especially since I wasn't coming up with any good ways to create good willow trees, some of these may just do the trick. lol "tree04" is my fav.. but seriously, they look like something out of the Twilight Zone.

Those leafless pines are very nice!! I suppose the leafed ones were way too high poly... :lol: I'd like to use them if I can, sometime I'll see how much it affects framerate, and darken their textures... but yeah lol, I would like to know where all these are from, especially if any are used for JPDS.

That yucca plant... is just..... :| where the heck does something like that grow?! XD
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I didn't really like a lot of the textures on the trees either, but some look good with new textures
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Some seriously cool weapons there, love the mini gun, although I think that it would be easier for Anne if she held it with both hands. :P Cool sniper rifles, too.
You gotta love those trees!
ImageImage
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Armory:
The guns I like are the PBarrettM82-00, the PRemM40A1-00, the minigun (although it's hard to use), the PP90-00, and most pistols.
I dislike the "Box" set and most of the other guns not mentioned in the "liked" list.
The zooming in thing is very anoying!
BTW, my version of the P45pistol-00 is better. :P

Greenhouse:
I have to say it's not much of a testlevel, if you play it in tres there's nothing there.
Most of these trees look very strange, but I do like the grass, the LeavesPlantA-00, and the lilypads (they are missing a bit of texture though)
My favorite tree is tree21.

I thought the Yucca was a giant onion at first. :lol:
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Nick3069 wrote:Most of these trees look very strange...
I think they look fine, many of them are very similar to the ones outside my house, weird. :?
ImageImage
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Those are some outlandish plants ya got there, machf. Been to Whoville lately? :P

Very nice assortment of weapons -- digging the P90. Will definately have to make use of that in the Stargate-mod.

*I'll mention these in tomorrow's WoT update; you must've posted these after I had already stored today's article. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, those are all free models I've collected over the Internet. Those weird-looking trees apparently were made with a free program called TreeMagik, I found the program later.

Regarding the Yucca plant, well, here a few growing in the garden, and several more in the park and other gardens, that's the kind of plants that manage to grow in this soil....

And yes, there were other pines which had too many polygons to import them into Trespasser without some additional work first...

And here's the unfinished Easter level, code-named "Dino Eggs". It was meant (literally) to be an "Easter Egg Hunt", where you had to collect the eggs and bring them to the research station in order to end the level. I have no problems running it, but for some reason, S.I. can't get it to work without crashing, that's why its release was delayed first, and now the project has been officially scrapped (being replaced by a new, different level started from scratch, to be released some time in the future).

http://rapidshare.com/files/50371911/DinoEggs.zip
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:Most of these trees look very strange...
I think they look fine, many of them are very similar to the ones outside my house, weird. :?
hahaha!! Well, you asked for it, sometime I'm going to make a proper demo of these trees and set it up to be your house. XD
machf wrote:Regarding the Yucca plant, well, here a few growing in the garden, and several more in the park and other gardens, that's the kind of plants that manage to grow in this soil....
Heh, wow.. after looking up some images, I see everything but the leaves are underground. That's very odd you found a model of the entire plant...
And yes, there were other pines which had too many polygons to import them into Trespasser without some additional work first...
Was afraid of that. And actually, I noticed framerate reduction, even with just those few leafless trees, so I probably won't be using them after all. :cry:
And here's the unfinished Easter level, code-named "Dino Eggs". It was meant (literally) to be an "Easter Egg Hunt", where you had to collect the eggs and bring them to the research station in order to end the level. I have no problems running it, but for some reason, S.I. can't get it to work without crashing, that's why its release was delayed first, and now the project has been officially scrapped (being replaced by a new, different level started from scratch, to be released some time in the future).

http://rapidshare.com/files/50371911/DinoEggs.zip
Whoa! Fascinating.. heh I haven't played it all the way through, walked to the lake and flew through the rest of the level.. didn't see any eggs anywhere (at a quick glance) and noticed quite a few unused objects in the basement. :? But yeah.. that's great, you already got a new texture for the willow trees! :D Well then that makes some of my work easier.. ^_^ Heh and well, that house there can be TheGuy's house, so I guess that level idea is scrapped (for now...).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:Regarding the Yucca plant, well, here a few growing in the garden, and several more in the park and other gardens, that's the kind of plants that manage to grow in this soil....
Heh, wow.. after looking up some images, I see everything but the leaves are underground. That's very odd you found a model of the entire plant...
No, that's not underground, that's the actual trunk. I have two of those in my garden, one even has a split trunk. Take a look at this image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _plant.jpg

There are several different varieties. These other ones have the leaves at ground level, and grow a really tall stem/trunk when they flower:

http://www.primitiveways.com/yuccas_and_agaves.html

(And yes, I've also had some of those in the garden...)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh interesting.. you must love to garden :P You'll like the EA greenhouse in JPDS1 then...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

And here's another test level I finished today:

http://files.filefront.com/Dagobahzip/; ... einfo.html

I used the Dino Eggs level to start it, seemed well suited to what i had in mind... but that means it may crash. I've had better success using the demo engine to run it.

Here's also a small gameplay video:

http://files.filefront.com/Dagobahavi/; ... einfo.html