Bool Act??? & Update T-script Reference

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I've started updating the original t-script reference, it still needs more new info to be added, but take a look at it in the meantime:

http://machf.tripod.com/Hunt/tscript.html
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ooohhh machf, thank you thank you!!! :D
There are several things which need to be fixed there. One is the use of "PlayerExitTrigger" instead of the real value, "PlayerLeaveTrigger". Later on I'll go through it all again and point out anything else that needs updating...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I started by changing the names of the ActionTypes to the 'official' ones given by BigRed, adding the info from that other version of the t-script reference Rebel had, and adding some new info. I know there's still a lot that needs to be modified... it will be easier as people point it out just like you did.

Next I'll be going through those 'bool Act' values, if I can find them all...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

K I will see if I have time to go through it either tomorrow or Saturday.

Here's a list that was compiled at some point with all the Act values, I don't recall if someone modified it after the complete EXE dump or not...
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... r_Act_List
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, I found that list yesterday (BTW, there are lots of 'orphaned' pages in the Wiki) and realized that the Act values just weren't included in the t-script reference...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah... :cry: And yeah they definately should be added, along with breif descriptions, other needed values etc.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

They should? Given that they already had their own document, I went on to test some other things instead...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh... well idk. They are in t-script, might as well give anything that has a value a mention in there, no? (including new actiontypes like Water, btw ;))
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'll incorporate them later, then. There are several errors and omissions in the t-script reference as it is...

EDIT: I've also been updating the list on page 2 of this thread, but I don't think you have noticed that...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Updated the reference a bit more, let me know what you think...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Slugger wrote:
machf wrote:Sounds to me like this would display a bitmap on the screen? Useful for some type of HUD?
I tried this (I was attempting to get "Round #" to flash up on the screen) and Tres crashed whenever I entered the trigger. Granted, it could've been scripted incorrectly. Perhaps with these new values, and some free time, I'll try it again (although anyone else is welcome to beat me to it :) ).
Updated the reference again, just added info on ActionType 4, CShowOverlayAction. Now you can use it... but we'll need a program that can save BMP files in RGBA4444 format. I was thinking of writing something like that to fix the 16-bit textures, anyway, so, who knows...

EDIT: never mind, the format required is RGB565 (as opposed to the more common RGB555), not RGBA4444, so...

UPDATE: found a program that can save images as 565 16-bit BMPs. It's called BitShow.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

How'd you come by that particular BMP format? Explains why I never could get past the crashing stage...

Drat, that program requires .NET routines, which I really don't feel like installing.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Testing, Trespasser would crash if no "Bitmap =" parameter was included, and also if the image wasn't a BMP. Testing 8-bit and 24-bit (RGB) BMPs the aspect ratio was wrong, testing a 16-bit 555 BMP the colors were wrong but the aspect ratio was right. Using GFE (Game File Explorer), the 555 BMP looked exactly (wrong) as in Trespasser when interpreted as a 565 BMP, so that was it then.

And yes, .NET libraries take up a lot of space, but I already had them installed since several video processing programs also need them...
Instead, I had to uninstall Windows Installer 3.1 because I was getting a BSOD when I attempted to install this program, and I had also experienced the same problem with other installers in the past... after that, it installed without problems.

I guess you could search for some other program that saves BMPs in 565 format and let us know what you find...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:And yes, .NET libraries take up a lot of space, but I already had them installed since several video processing programs also need them...
Instead, I had to uninstall Windows Installer 3.1 because I was getting a BSOD when I attempted to install this program, and I had also experienced the same problem with other installers in the past... after that, it installed without problems.
No problem now -- it appears my laptop already has them installed. The program works on it, just a matter of transfering files now. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Updated it again. Not much, but it's something...