Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Canopy Valley

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:The grasses? That's odd. What's actually wrong with them? (Yes, deleting them allows the program to load, thanks, Rebel. However, it crashed much later, for some other reason...)
I agree it is odd. The level only have about 5000 of them and it is the regular low poly grass found in the original levels (VGrassclump03-00) and the level itself only have around 12000 objects so it can't be that there are too many objects.

And those GeomAdd "errors". Draco is known for sometimes add dummy text like that as easter eggs :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh. Well I'm not too surprised it's the grass. I'm betting the opacity map proliferation is straining on the engine. :?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'm not sure that's it, Drac. I was thinking more along the lines of either nearly 6000 instances of
one model is too much, or perhaps the sheer number of models in one particular area is breaking
the partition.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Maybe the later. I did bring the max render distance down a lot..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm getting the same issue as the others, Drac. CE crashes right before it finishes loading unless you delete the grass instances. Which is weird because it's not like they're all being loaded right when the level starts, and other levels with a lot of cloned objects like TL1 seem to be fine in CE.

The log file doesn't report anything other than your non-instanced CAnimals (not an issue) and "DEV: ERROR: Unknown AT 1000 on trigger object "START_Existence"...not sure what AT 1000 was meant to be, but that might be part of the problem. I'm also not too sure what all those missing instances and triggers are when you scan the level with GeomAdd, though it might be best to just delete them if they don't do anything.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, sucks that the grass causes such an issue. Wouldn't have imagined it. It works on my end, might be that high-end settings cause the crash. Maybe try turning those down before loading?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Are you still playing the game in software mode?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nope.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... what resolution are you using, then?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

1366x768