Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Forest Plaza

Post by Draconisaurus »

Had a mind to do a de-stress level on Wednesday, spent a bit of time assembling things and making new TallForest assets, and this resulted. Not a huge level but with some value I think.

https://app.box.com/s/bbmjlo9fzm8ames663i5dvzvq5xj51rm
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Forest Plaza

Post by tatu »

I know you say it is more relaxing to not care about height fixing the foliage... but height fix :|
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I like these new trees, Drac, might have to squeeze them into RTJP somehow. They'd look a little bit better if the tops weren't flat, though...the flat tops make them look kind of like they're from Turok or something.
tatu wrote:I know you say it is more relaxing to not care about height fixing the foliage... but height fix :|
It wasn't that noticable to me, but yeah, it might be worth taking even an hour or so to get your trees properly flush with the ground. If you need to be quick about it, just select all trees/plants of one type, CTRL+D them to the ground, and then lower them a bit more with the 3 key so they're a little bit deeper down. That'll keep them from floating.

And tatu - remember that the last project you've been working on for a year has been nothing but height fixing, so you probably have a better eye for that than the rest of us. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh. That probably would have worked for some of it. Though the extreme angles would need manual heightfixing; I am under an inordinate amount of physical/mental stress and when I make a level in part for stress-relief, I avoid procedures which'll contradict that. It's not always about how long it takes.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh. That probably would have worked for some of it. Though the extreme angles would need manual heightfixing; I am under an inordinate amount of physical/mental stress and when I make a level in part for stress-relief, I avoid procedures which'll contradict that. It's not always about how long it takes.
If it's just a relaxation thing, then, I guess it's a bit different. You can pretty much expect everyone to have at least one nitpick with every level you release, but as long as you're happy with it, no point in worrying too much (unless you plan on doing future work/updates). :)

It's funny: I'm the exact opposite, I stress over every single little detail when it comes to level design (see that little tiny insignificant ledge with the tree on it I added in Tres20 for an example :P ), but I always find the relief and pleasure of the final product to far outweigh the struggle it takes to get there!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh well I have some neurological damage from causes I won't go into but suffice it to say sometimes I need relaxing mods to balance out the high-stress ones such as SiteC.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh well I have some neurological damage from causes I won't go into but suffice it to say sometimes I need relaxing mods to balance out the high-stress ones such as SiteC.
Ouch...but yeah, I know what you mean, that's what all this random chatting and writing does for me.

What do you mean, Site C is stressful? I only spent two hours the other day trying to adjust a road slope and shift around some trees to get a nice view of a distant building. :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh. That probably would have worked for some of it. Though the extreme angles would need manual heightfixing; I am under an inordinate amount of physical/mental stress and when I make a level in part for stress-relief, I avoid procedures which'll contradict that. It's not always about how long it takes.
Hehe I know. I'm just joking about it ;)
And tatu - remember that the last project you've been working on for a year has been nothing but height fixing, so you probably have a better eye for that than the rest of us. :wink:
It started back in 2010 with JPDS :| I've done so much height fixing that I even notice it in other games...
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I don't care to go into detail about what does and doesn't stress me :yum: except to say that environment concept levels tend to be good destressers, and complex scripted high-variety levels cause stress.