Vehicle Collision

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Vehicle Collision

Post by Teromen »

Does anyone know how to import a vehicle with the collision intact? I tried exporting the bones on the Unimog from the be(beach) level but that doesn't work. You walk right through the vehicle.

Is it actually two "meshes"(one for blocking) or do i need to do some special exporting?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Vehicle Collision

Post by tatu »

You need to export the invisible physics that makes the collision boxes for most solid objects. Visibility->Invisible Instances or press the "I" on the toolbar, next to the "$".

$ shows $ physics objects. These are connected to the model itself and should never be moved WITH the model. They are moved automatically when moving the model. Usually found on stuff that can be moved, jeeps, guns etc. Also used on the foliage. (moving them with the mesh will move them out of place).

Invisible physics however, must be moved (and copied) with the main object, otherwise it will have no collision.

I hope this is some help.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Vehicle Collision

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a specific note... Basic procedure is to keep the original ("...-00") models in the "basement" of the level (that is, an area away from ingame terrain and objects), then clone these models and move them into the ingame areas. Be sure that both the visible and physical models are selected when cloning, in the case of the Unimog.

These such things will be covered in upcoming video tutorials..