How do you add .ANIM to levels ?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

fastrunner
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How do you add .ANIM to levels ?

Post by fastrunner »

I can't seem to figure out how to add the .anim to a level.

For instance, if i wanted to import a waterfall how would i get the .anim ? to work after importing all the textures, sub meshes, and triggers

I fell im missing the bigger picture. :no: :?: This is the error i get when i try to import the waterfall into my level.
ERROR: PID is missing texture "map\demo\ Random.BMP"used in Cinstance "the object"value .anim01..And so on

I just can't seem to figure this one out.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: How do you add .ANIM to levels ?

Post by TheIdiot »

You have to import all of the texture frames referenced in the anim values into the level. Typically this is done by making a big "sheet" of square polygons and applying each separate texture frame to its own square, so that they each import as an individual material. A good example can be found in the TC~Isle level, where if I remember correctly the waterfall is animated using animation frames. Essentially, you simply need to get the textures into the level's SWP and PID one way or another.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How do you add .ANIM to levels ?

Post by tatu »

A note: Usually the object with the .anim texture are named something with .bmp in the official Trespasser levels. Also, after you've imported them, it is possible GeomAdd will still list them as missing even tho they are not.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."