My first Trespasser level... The Lone Hunter

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

My first Trespasser level... The Lone Hunter

Post by Dinohunter »

This is the introduction to a level I'm making. The idea could change, but the level will be about Anne, who is hunting deer, she trespasses on private land she sees signs that say "warning do not enter DANGER!" but she ignores them. Soon after she gets settled in the hunting blind she sees a raptor, she shoots and kills it. She's scared that there may be more raptors and must get out of the woods and to her truck, but there will be obstacles along the way,some abandoned structures, and predators. The goal of the level is to make it to your truck. NOTE: this is a concept and may change entirely. Ill post screenshots as I go.
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: My first Trespasser level... The Lone Hunter

Post by Nick3069 »

Wasn't your first level a junkyard or something? I was going to download it, but I can't find the link anymore.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf, I forget, was there a deer in that one level of yours?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No deer. Damn, I need to finish rigging that one already!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Nick3069 wrote:Wasn't your first level a junkyard or something? I was going to download it, but I can't find the link anymore.

Yea that was my first level but I screwed the level files up by accident and I didn't make a backup of it sadly. The level wasn't that good anyway.
Last edited by Dinohunter on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

If there isnt a deer Ill just make clues that there was a deer in the level like piles of bones or something
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Im not even close to finishing my level but I wanted to ask something before I forget, How to I add a level end trigger? Like when you finish a level in CE and it says "congratulations you finished the level" or something like that if that makes sense...

Dylan
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

I really hope I'm not bugging anyone by asking alot of questions :( :| but whenever I import a structure like a tool shed, saloon etc... I walk right through them I've tried everything. What would cause this? Some structures like tents works just fine they are solid objects.

Dylan
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dylan, any amount of questions, we are here to answer. 8)
I recommend watching the TresEd video tutorials, as it explains safe ways of exporting/importing objects into a level: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11093
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Thanks for the help :).
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Ok the plot of the level has officially changed. The player's name is Ashley, she drives around in a dark forest road and comes upon a big cinder block wall with a gate saying RESTRICTED AREA DO NOT ENTER. She remembers hearing stories about an abandoned place with strange creatures. So stupidly, she is intrigued to go inside. No spoilers but it was the worst and last mistake she ever made.
The plot is sort of similar to the game on Steam called OakWood.

WHEN I POST THE LINK FOR THE LEVEL IT WILL BE CALLED HUNTER
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm interested to see how the level turns out. I like the concept so far, sounds like a classic outline for a horror story. I'd love to see a spooky night-time level...we don't have enough of those, even though we already have the settings to do so (TestSceneNight and ED, for instance).

To answer your questions:
Dinohunter wrote:If there isnt a deer Ill just make clues that there was a deer in the level like piles of bones or something
We don't have a deer at the moment, but we do have a wild boar that could easily substitute, amongst a couple of other modern-day animals.
Dinohunter wrote:Im not even close to finishing my level but I wanted to ask something before I forget, How to I add a level end trigger? Like when you finish a level in CE and it says "congratulations you finished the level" or something like that if that makes sense...
You can easily export and then import one from another level, which is probably the easiest option. Otherwise you can make one manually - be sure to check machf's T-script Reference (found in his signature) for all of your scripting needs.
Dinohunter wrote:I really hope I'm not bugging anyone by asking alot of questions :( :| but whenever I import a structure like a tool shed, saloon etc... I walk right through them I've tried everything. What would cause this? Some structures like tents works just fine they are solid objects.
This is a bug I think all first-time Trespasser modders run into. These structures don't have physics boxes attached to them through scripting like most other objects - instead, because there would be too many objects to attach without overloading the script, their physics boxes are simply placed with them in the level. Therefore, you have to select not only the object you want to export, but also the physics boxes, which you can see by enabling "Visibility -> Invisible Instances" in TresEd's top bar (someone correct me if that's not quite right, I'm typing this from my secondary PC which doesn't have TresEd on it so I'm going off of memory).
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Thanks! I never did copy the physics boxes on structures Ill try that :)

Dylan
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

TheIdiot wrote:I'm interested to see how the level turns out. I like the concept so far, sounds like a classic outline for a horror story. I'd love to see a spooky night-time level...we don't have enough of those, even though we already have the settings to do so (TestSceneNight and ED, for instance).

To answer your questions:
Dinohunter wrote:If there isnt a deer Ill just make clues that there was a deer in the level like piles of bones or something
We don't have a deer at the moment, but we do have a wild boar that could easily substitute, amongst a couple of other modern-day animals.
Dinohunter wrote:Im not even close to finishing my level but I wanted to ask something before I forget, How to I add a level end trigger? Like when you finish a level in CE and it says "congratulations you finished the level" or something like that if that makes sense...
You can easily export and then import one from another level, which is probably the easiest option. Otherwise you can make one manually - be sure to check machf's T-script Reference (found in his signature) for all of your scripting needs.
Dinohunter wrote:I really hope I'm not bugging anyone by asking alot of questions :( :| but whenever I import a structure like a tool shed, saloon etc... I walk right through them I've tried everything. What would cause this? Some structures like tents works just fine they are solid objects.
This is a bug I think all first-time Trespasser modders run into. These structures don't have physics boxes attached to them through scripting like most other objects - instead, because there would be too many objects to attach without overloading the script, their physics boxes are simply placed with them in the level. Therefore, you have to select not only the object you want to export, but also the physics boxes, which you can see by enabling "Visibility -> Invisible Instances" in TresEd's top bar (someone correct me if that's not quite right, I'm typing this from my secondary PC which doesn't have TresEd on it so I'm going off of memory).
I copied the physics boxes and it worked :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great job! Hope your level progresses smoothly.