If I have the .wtd file

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

If I have the .wtd file

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have a wtd file. I want to start with an open level. I can not get shell generator to work with it. Is there a way to use that wtd file to start a new level or what do I have to do?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: If I have the .wtd file

Post by Shep »

You mean replace one wtd for another?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

no.. I mean use am this wtd.. terrain file to create a new level. I will tell you what terrain it is.. but I am not using it for what it was for.. one of the it terrains pre beta that tatu had. I want to use it to possibly make the plains level with and I cannot get to have it as the terrain on the level I want.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Generate a new level, then replace the .wtd file with the one you have...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

machf wrote:Generate a new level, then replace the .wtd file with the one you have...
I tried that.. it gave me a flat all green level... not the terrain with hills and valleys. not so much worried of the color more than the shape with the hills and vallys and whatnot.. and a sky.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... maybe if you go the long way around, then. Use GUIapp to export the terrain to a .tri file, then convert the .tri file into a .trr file (it's easy, you only need to strip parts of it as it's a text file), rename it and use GUIapp to convert the .trr file into a new .wtd file that overwrites the one from the blank level...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am just trying to get this because it seems like terrain the designers would have used for plains.. long way or not.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If you're using that shell generator, you'll need to import a terrain placement object into it with GeomAdd...

For example, in TestScene, the object is called "TrnPlacement-00":

Code: Select all

group TrnPlacement-00 = {
    string Class = "TerrainPlacement"
    bool MipMap = false
    string File = "TestScene"
}
Its location is (0,0,-10). The string "TestScene" is the name (minus the extension) of the .wtd file associated with the level. Being the very first object in the whole level, its texture defines the palette for all terrain textures (I think).
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

That's because the terrain generated from the Plains max file is flat, since we don't have the terrain for it. We don't have that terrain with hills and valleys.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

tatu wrote:That's because the terrain generated from the Plains max file is flat, since we don't have the terrain for it. We don't have that terrain with hills and valleys.
No.. I am using the in town files.. not the plains one. in max it shows the surrounding hills and stuff in it. The town files from the v015 set the 2 versions I just wanted the terrain from them to use as the plains.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:
tatu wrote:That's because the terrain generated from the Plains max file is flat, since we don't have the terrain for it. We don't have that terrain with hills and valleys.
No.. I am using the in town files.. not the plains one. in max it shows the surrounding hills and stuff in it. The town files from the v015 set the 2 versions I just wanted the terrain from them to use as the plains.
Oh I see. Then just do as described earlier, should work.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

This is what I got when tried that.. I also imported sky and player.. but see no terrain.
Attachments
pl level.bmp
pl level.bmp (3.75 MiB) Viewed 14060 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Did you import a terrain placement objet with the t-script like this?

Code: Select all

bool MipMap = false
    string File = "pl"
}
All you need to do is export one from any other level as a .tpm file from within TresEd, then edit its values.txt files to match this example, and import it into your level with GeomAdd...
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

this is what I imported..

int ext_GeometryType = 2
bool MipMap = false
string File = "pl"
}

I changed it to look like above just in case.. same result.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I see your problem! You have "Enable editing of terrain objects" enabled on the toolbar. That's why you don't see the terrain! Uncheck it!
TrnObjectEdit.png
TrnObjectEdit.png (855 Bytes) Viewed 14049 times