Jurassic Park: Operation Trespasser

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Jurassic Park: Operation Trespasser

Post by TheIdiot »

I'll check the exports in a bit to see how well they go back into 3ds max. I doubt it will be any better since the first good export turned up poo poo in a re import to 3ds max by their cords being all over the place. But that could be a simple one time error.
DON'T DO THAT! Importing Tres models BACK into Max tends to mess up the shading on them heavily. Draco can probably explain the fix, but just a heads up unless you know how to fix this.
Also, did you check out the multiplayer in openrct2? I host a server a server called busch gardens and sometimes Shepico.
Ehhh, don't really play multiplayer in any games. :( Maybe I'll come over and check it out though, would love to see what you're working on. Busch Gardens sounds interesting, though! Going for a recreation of BG: Tampa (a great park, by the way), or your own design?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

it was made by orlandodude in 2005 and it doesn't even have sheikra. I host it because I hope people will build on it and just see the effect of leaving it on. I mostly do it for the people though, talking to them is fun.

Also, thank you for warning me about re importing.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

it was made by orlandodude in 2005 and it doesn't even have sheikra. I host it because I hope people will build on it and just see the effect of leaving it on. I mostly do it for the people though, talking to them is fun.
Ah, I see. Cool idea! Can't say I'm familiar enough with the park to try and add the missing rides unfortunately. Perhaps I'll log on and start doing my best to plot out where Sheikra is since I was at least able to ride that last trip down there.
Also, thank you for warning me about re importing.
Yeah, be cautious about that. I *think* the shading error can be fixed by applying a "Smooth" modifier to it, but this hasn't been tested yet so I'm likely wrong.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Its not to try to bring it up to date but to left people add to it and make it better.

And what shading error is this?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

The shading error: it seems models taken out of Tres levels in TPM format which were created by fans rather than the devs will become exploded into faces - that is, rather than the vertices of the various faces being welded (connected), they are all separate. This causes them to not smooth together. Fixing it is a matter of welding the correct vertices to each other - a pain since many vertices which occupy the same space should not be connected as such.

As for the error you're having... I have a request: select an OG model. Bring it into Max. Export the model. Import it into TresEd. Assuming it has the error, send the Max scene, the exported TPM, and the level at that stage. It might help figure out what's happening.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

You mean the shading error? because I don't have that. If you meant the models going aweay thing. You should be able to see that in the files I have for download. just look at the basement models (preferably the shelter) and if you exit and import something like a balloon ride or visitor center then you will see half the shelter goes away.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm just looked in the level, I see the models with missing faces... Kinda messy. Will have to look at the Max side later.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Maybe I could get a fresh level to show the problem or you could delete eberything in it to see the problem. Just import the shelter and then the other broken ones I mentioned.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

You know I find jpog harder to mod then trespasser...