T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Mini-Mod Mondays

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:Drac, how in the hell did you create that level in 5 days? I like
the concept of a mountain pass. Noticed our little piggy there
too, and what a nice little campfire burning along. I'll I needed
was a beer or two, would have stayed longer. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Glad you liked the level! MMM got me somewhat skilled at swift level creation. 'Tis a fine skill to have. I have to say, that one is my favorite to date. Quite like the campfire, myself.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well everyone, the next mini-mod is here. Some might have wondered why I was gone for about 3 weeks... The answer is that I was in the hospital, recovering from injuries I suffered after jumping off a bridge into the river below. I had in fact reached a personal impass in life and decided I could not rectify the situation in this life. I was not ready for all to end - I have very firm belief in afterlife - but I had reached a point where I thought I was done with this life. In the aftermath, I have come to value the state of living, including all that is in this life, trouble and aid, and I wish to keep it this way. I must admit - TresCom and modding Trespasser is not one of the lower concerns - it shapes my life and continues to be a pillar foundation of my day to day existence. I don't have a day job - this is what I do.
So in the hospital, I had a tube shoved down my trachea (throat), breathed out of a tube for days, and have been awarded a back brace to heal broken bones. Life comparatively sucks at this time compared to what I had, but damn it is good to be alive. Hell, maybe part of me died and went to retrieve the Trespasser alphas on another plane with Tatu's assistance :lol:
At any rate - this week's level is an expression of my experience with the bridge. It's not the first time I have used Tres modding to handle strong emotional tides. It's a very short level; let it stand as testament to my enduring presence in this world and at TresCom.

bridge

https://app.box.com/s/2pilnwsbml0cp2dtis2ts8k6qek3bd8i
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Drac, I can't speak of your personal difficulties since I'm not privy to them, but I do know that everyone's life has value, including yours and that your presence in your family and friend's life, as well as with us here at trescom is of importance. I do hope you know that although we may not know each other than from our online presence, the friendships we've made here at trescom are no less important to me personally than those of my hometown friends. So, you do matter to us.

On to your level, I look forward to seeing what you've dreamt up this time around. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thank you, Rebel. :) I plan to carry my friendships here through this life and into the next.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Well put, Rebel. Those are some things that I personally always keep in mind whenever I get down. And glad to see you recovering, Draco. :)
Normally, I'd give this level a review, but I feel considering the theme and idea of the level that it would be inappropriate to do so. I did give it a playthrough, and upon reaching the end I had a very different feeling from it - exploring such a personal project is quite surreal to me. And it WAS actually quite a neat idea in itself...perhaps this concept of platforming above a canyon could be further elaborated on? I was reminded of this artwork while playing, as a matter-of-fact:

Interesting stuff as always, anyway, Drac. Good to have you back!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

A small review wouldn't have hurt, but I understand your reasoning. :) It is very good to be back.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sooo I have some news.. Someone stole my laptop. I won't be able to mod anymore I'm afraid :? I'll still visit the forums but I won't be releasing any more mods. Kinda sucks. It was fun. Hope you all enjoyed the mods. :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wha...? How? Where?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

Darn, well it was cool while it lasted.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sooo I have some news.. Someone stole my laptop. I won't be able to mod anymore I'm afraid :? I'll still visit the forums but I won't be releasing any more mods. Kinda sucks. It was fun. Hope you all enjoyed the mods. :)
:|

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah it sucks. Left it in the dining room at my apt complex and someone took it.