Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Moon~Test

Post by Draconisaurus »

'Ello all - I present here to you, a (very) mini level I made in 2014. It was meant purely as an environmental test... It seems to work better or worse depending on the comp you're using as well as other things. I had my best results with software mode. 'Nyways, one of these days one of us should make a REAL level set on the moon! (Yes, with dinosaurs.)

...errr plll hmmm. It does not show up well AT ALL on this comp. Hmm oh I'll grab a screen from TresEd..

..on second thought, the TresEd view sucks. :? I may work on updating the fog settings later. Dunno why it worked so well originally and sucks elsewhere.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
https://app.box.com/s/avazyxtl17yotn8kvqyj
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Moon~Test

Post by TheIdiot »

:| Two words:
Bad.
Ass.

I'll definitely be checking this out - sounds like an interesting concept.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Where are the stars?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Where are the stars?
Hmm. They're present on the skybox in TresEd. Come to think of it...the download you posted, Drac, doesn't really look anything like this. It's just a flat plane with a crater and a hill! :cry: Unless there's a huge difference between TresEd and in-game.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I don't quite follow, TI?

The ingame manifestation seems to be rather corrupt in terms of how it displays on some comps... I didn't take any time to fix it for release, just putting something out there that I had around.

The level is a mostly-flat landscape with a hill-crater, covered with a moon terrain texture. The sky texture contains stars, there is an Earth obj in the sky similar to the moon in TstScnNight (sp?), and black-colored fog (when working) to ensure a black horizon. It looked pretty much like the actual moon photo above on the comp I made it on.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I don't quite follow, TI?

The ingame manifestation seems to be rather corrupt in terms of how it displays on some comps... I didn't take any time to fix it for release, just putting something out there that I had around.

The level is a mostly-flat landscape with a hill-crater, covered with a moon terrain texture. The sky texture contains stars, there is an Earth obj in the sky similar to the moon in TstScnNight (sp?), and black-colored fog (when working) to ensure a black horizon. It looked pretty much like the actual moon photo above on the comp I made it on.
Derp, I thought the picture you posted WAS the actual level! Nevermind then. I did go ahead and check it out in Tres and it really does look pretty good. The fog worked fine for me too.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote: Derp, I thought the picture you posted WAS the actual level!
Yeah, me too.

Do you want an actual moon heightmap?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, nah thanks. Again, just showing off an old environ test I did... 'Twas made before the advent of CE starmaps. Just wanted to pass it on as I reenter the modding scene. If I ever do make a moon level, I'm... Hmm then again, if a moon heightmap is detailed enough, it would serve as a good basis for the basic landscape features. We'll see I suppose.

Also want to see a space station in Trespasser...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bionic Woman mode would fit perfectly into this. 8) Remdul and I started on a Halloween level a few years back, but it never got far enough to release. Now i'm wonderin' where the hell those files went to.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:Bionic Woman mode would fit perfectly into this. 8) Remdul and I started on a Halloween level a few years back, but it never got far enough to release. Now i'm wonderin' where the hell those files went to.
:mrgreen: Nice... Maybe they are in Hell :lol:

K so I modified the following value in TresEd:

Code: Select all

float FogPower = 0.100000
Here is a software mode screen:

This is more or less the best I remember getting it to look back in the day. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That looks quite a bit better. Though the lunar surface is usually lit brightly in most photographs, so darkness looks a bit odd. Those fog settings can be a pain in the butt, though - it seems the greater the FogPower, the less it affects the level, and the greater the FogHalf, the closer it ends. I'd have to test it out again to confirm, though.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Nice lookin' level there!

Too bad Anne goes haywire when the gravity is changed significantly....
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

Could a dino model be transformed to be an Alien Xenomorph? And maybe a Trex into an Alien Queen? :O Trespasser goes Alien!
With Trespasser, you can!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Seems plenty doable to me. Someone would need to procure/make a low-poly xenomorph. I might be convinced to do so one day...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Vesiapina wrote:Could a dino model be transformed to be an Alien Xenomorph? And maybe a Trex into an Alien Queen? :O Trespasser goes Alien!
I'd like to see someone try to recreate LV-426 in Tres...that would be a sight to see, especially with that stormy weather and the Derelict rising from the fog. I'd also love to see someone try and implement a Chestburster somehow...
I think the only problem with an Alien in Tres is that they not only walk upright for the most part, they also are seen to run on all fours (Tres quadrupeds are horribly slow) and climb on the walls and ceiling. Would be doable with some mad ASA and CEntityAttached scripting, I guess. :wink: