Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser being re-created on ROBLOX

Post by Draconisaurus »

The arm - have not started. Should do that today...
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Are the controls for the arms left click and right click for each arm? interesting, that could work in trespasser.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Shep wrote:Are the controls for the arms left click and right click for each arm? interesting, that could work in trespasser.
Correct. I was thinking whether or not to include the wrist rotation... Still unsure is that would be more of a hassle than a feature though. Also right now the arms move with the camera, I want to make it so when you are holding up your arm(s) so if you moved the mousepad the arms would follow rather than the hands and the camera.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice! :| Two arms seems really cool. It does seem a bit like the player is sunken into the ground by 2-3 feet... Have to say, the physics of that engine are much more stable than Tres.. tho objects seem to lose their momentum/reach their final position faster than they should.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Nice! :| Two arms seems really cool. It does seem a bit like the player is sunken into the ground by 2-3 feet... Have to say, the physics of that engine are much more stable than Tres.. tho objects seem to lose their momentum/reach their final position faster than they should.

Camera is set at default ROBLOXIAN height. Need to raise it up along with the arms.

"tho objects seem to lose their momentum/reach their final position faster than they should" < Is this good or bad?

(EDIT) My friend LeitrisArcade made the arms. I hope you didn't work too much on your version :cry: If you did, I am sincerely sorry for that.

Pictures should pop up soon. Again Draco if you did I am really sorry that you did all that.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh I never did start, 'tis fine.

And the momentum part is a minor con. Sort of being on the other end of inaccuracy relative to Tres on its point, but with the bonus that objs will actually stay put, and all which comes with that.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

snep peps of Anne's untextured arms. Thumbs are a bit sausage like, but will be fixed.
bandicam 2016-04-24 20-30-54-963.jpg
bandicam 2016-04-24 20-30-54-963.jpg (22.68 KiB) Viewed 14348 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice work!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Fantastic work. The engine tests as well as the two-armed Anne are pretty cool to see working after all this time. :) If only Roblox had slightly better graphics...
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:Fantastic work. The engine tests as well as the two-armed Anne are pretty cool to see working after all this time. :) If only Roblox had slightly better graphics...

Dynamic skyboxes (moving clouds as well) are coming to ROBLOX in the near future! As well as lighting enhancements and a few other neat things! So the graphics thing will probably be fixed. I'm really excited for those moving clouds though :P :P :P :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looks good! Tho the width of her chest seems to small...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looks good! Tho the width of her chest seems to small...
Ah, agree with you, she needs to be a bit horizontally wider. Also the neck of her shirt comes much too high as she has a fair amount of cleavage in the original (perhaps an excessive amount). :wink:
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Looks good! Tho the width of her chest seems to small...
Ah, agree with you, she needs to be a bit horizontally wider. Also the neck of her shirt comes much too high as she has a fair amount of cleavage in the original (perhaps an excessive amount). :wink:
It's the angle, we used the same model from Tres just made it more high poly.

again, this is a kid friendly game (ROBLOX is I mean) and they would ban me if I had that.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

again, this is a kid friendly game (ROBLOX is I mean) and they would ban me if I had that.
Well, it's not really that sexualized. She just looks weird to me wearing a tank top that comes all the way up to the base of her neck. Perhaps you can drop the neckline a bit but not too far. The high neckline also will likely be a problem should you ever try to add the heart tatoo as a health meter. Perhaps you could keep it high enough to only just reveal the heart tatoo, as seen in the concept art of Anne (my own attempt at a better-quality rendition is on the right):

Image Image

To me at least it looks like she was originally intended to be wearing a v-neck t-shirt rather than an extremely revealing tank top. Perhaps this can sway you a bit?