TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW PH VER.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project - NEW IJ VE

Post by DrShaw »

New report with picture and it is not long! Yay! (Also. Warning. Some what large images but I re-sized them down so it not as extreme)
Issues list:
1: The fence at the end has two hit boxes flying up into space for no reason (and the wires are a bit off as you can see in the background. Two issues in one)
2. There is a box jam in the ground near the end.
bounces
3. Those pickup truck hit boxes are all mess up in some areas but that is for all pickup trucks in the game.
(PS. The one in the town has double hit boxes as if two truck got squash together but that in the town level but I bet you know this by now.)
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Thanks! Fixed those. I will upload the fix later on.

As for the trucks in the Town. I will use the version I made for Reloaded, but fix the final stuff. It's already combined with the Build 96 version and the early Studio Max versions. So it's kinda "remade". I still need to go through everything since there is stuff left to do.

And an update on JR. Some parts will be completely different from the shipping one, since I have altered the terrain quite a lot, this is because the Studio Max version we have is quite different, but still not good enough to use as a base (because it's to open and nothing would fit), but I have taken some part of it. One thing is the huge mountain between the Hidden Valley and Monorail. This in the Studio Max version is much bigger, and on this is where the Mayan ruins where originally located, which it will be in this version as well.
I would guess that this JR version will have more unoriginal stuff added, like more foliage and some terrain modification in order to fit some parts, however, most parts will be as original. JR to me is really the only level that had some parts of an non-linear world in the game.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

NEW VERSION of Industrial Jungle out! Check main topic for download link.
Getting around to it in a second! :D
And an update on JR. Some parts will be completely different from the shipping one, since I have altered the terrain quite a lot, this is because the Studio Max version we have is quite different, but still not good enough to use as a base (because it's to open and nothing would fit), but I have taken some part of it. One thing is the huge mountain between the Hidden Valley and Monorail. This in the Studio Max version is much bigger, and on this is where the Mayan ruins where originally located, which it will be in this version as well.
I would guess that this JR version will have more unoriginal stuff added, like more foliage and some terrain modification in order to fit some parts, however, most parts will be as original. JR to me is really the only level that had some parts of an non-linear world in the game.
Woah, that sounds elaborate. So does this mean that, for example, the waterfall will be located in the central valley, rather than by the triceratops? And by "different", I assume you mean based mostly on the Max version (hidden valley and Mayan face included?). That seems like a pretty big task to me, especially adding in everything from the two levels. Good luck!
But wait...does this mean that we might see the inclusion of a Plantation House level at some point..? Because if I remember correctly, the Max JR ends at the slope described in the beta walkthrough, unless you plan on merging the two terrains together so that JR ends in IJ's beginning.

EDIT: Looked it over, seems like you've fixed most of the problems! Here's what I found:
- VPlmHwii00-29 is in the middle of a road.
- Vjungleflower01B-00 appears to be floating, probably because this mesh is different (it's the pickable flower).
That's it! :mrgreen:

And I really like the addition of the Town buildings and proper walls - they make it looks so, SO much better in the distance.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:EDIT: Looked it over, seems like you've fixed most of the problems! Here's what I found:
- VPlmHwii00-29 is in the middle of a road.
- Vjungleflower01B-00 appears to be floating, probably because this mesh is different (it's the pickable flower).
That's it! :mrgreen:

And I really like the addition of the Town buildings and proper walls - they make it looks so, SO much better in the distance.
Will fix that. I know about the flower. I left it like that so people would notice hehe, but I will fix it.
TheIdiot wrote:Woah, that sounds elaborate. So does this mean that, for example, the waterfall will be located in the central valley, rather than by the triceratops? And by "different", I assume you mean based mostly on the Max version (hidden valley and Mayan face included?). That seems like a pretty big task to me, especially adding in everything from the two levels. Good luck!
But wait...does this mean that we might see the inclusion of a Plantation House level at some point..? Because if I remember correctly, the Max JR ends at the slope described in the beta walkthrough, unless you plan on merging the two terrains together so that JR ends in IJ's beginning.
I have actually decided to have two waterfalls :P See how that turns out. It will be like half Max, half Original. Hidden Valley and Mayan face included of course. The Plantation House will still be in JR, since we don't really know how the layout of PH looked like, other than the small texture from the TrnPlacement from Build 96 IJ. I have actually already merged the parts of the Max version terrain and Original terrain where I want (kinda getting to know Studio Max some because of that). All I need for the terrain is some modification in TresEd, but not much at all. It will be much more non-linear than before I believe.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I have actually decided to have two waterfalls :P See how that turns out. It will be like half Max, half Original. Hidden Valley and Mayan face included of course. The Plantation House will still be in JR, since we don't really know how the layout of PH looked like, other than the small texture from the TrnPlacement from Build 96 IJ. I have actually already merged the parts of the Max version terrain and Original terrain where I want (kinda getting to know Studio Max some because of that). All I need for the terrain is some modification in TresEd, but not much at all. It will be much more non-linear than before I believe.
Ah, okay. Will the new waterfall have a different terrain mesh, or will it look the same as the other one? I'm interested to see how it all turns out...it also means that most of the level will no longer be linear, I guess. If only we had the original master terrain file they imported into Tres, PH would be at least somewhat possible! :P

Also, question: how do you go about importing a heightmap into Tres without it causing that odd TresEd bug? I've just been fiddling around with a heightmap I made a long time ago and I was trying to see if I could import it into Tres without that stupid glitch...no luck so far, even using GUIApp.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Will the new waterfall have a different terrain mesh, or will it look the same as the other one?
Same terrain mesh as the one in the Max version, so it will be the same.
Also, question: how do you go about importing a heightmap into Tres without it causing that odd TresEd bug? I've just been fiddling around with a heightmap I made a long time ago and I was trying to see if I could import it into Tres without that stupid glitch...no luck so far, even using GUIApp.
I have never used heightmaps. I import both terrains from TPM files, and then edit by vertices (take some time but I figured out how it works).

As for heightmaps. Import it into TresEd -> Export it as a TPM -> Import it into Studio Max -> Use TerrainExporter script from Tres Source -> Save as LEVELNAME.trr -> Convert it to .wtd with GUIApp and it will look as you want ;D

If you want help, send me the levelfiles with the imported heightmap, and I will fix it :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey just wanted to pop in and say - good job! I haven't actually seen the level yet but the descriptions in this thread make it pretty clear what you've accomplished. Also want to say that the reason I haven't seen it is that my new USB mouse disappeared, so I can't work on Tres until I can afford a new mouse next month... >_< Next month is also when I plan to work in JR Reloaded, btw... We might end up trading ideas and such heheh, we'll see. :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

TheIdiot wrote:And I really like the addition of the Town buildings and proper walls - they make it looks so, SO much better in the distance.
I can't make that out in-game, unless it was recently added/updated and I've got an older version?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:And I really like the addition of the Town buildings and proper walls - they make it looks so, SO much better in the distance.
I can't make that out in-game, unless it was recently added/updated and I've got an older version?
It is in the latest 1.1 version. :)
Hey just wanted to pop in and say - good job! I haven't actually seen the level yet but the descriptions in this thread make it pretty clear what you've accomplished. Also want to say that the reason I haven't seen it is that my new USB mouse disappeared, so I can't work on Tres until I can afford a new mouse next month... >_< Next month is also when I plan to work in JR Reloaded, btw... We might end up trading ideas and such heheh, we'll see. :)
Thank you! Lol, how did you lost it? I bet it ran away ;D
We might. I love your monorail in it :D

Draleikosaurez
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Draleikosaurez »

I sense much dedication and attention to detail, herez. An excellent modding project. Looking forward to your improved JR... Drac, whatz your JR about?
Image JP ImageImageImage JW
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:Thank you! Lol, how did you lost it? I bet it ran away ;D
Lol yeah I dropped it here at the library... even heard it fall but didn't trust my ears to know it was my mouse at the time, so it ran off with some blokes who were sitting next to me. Dishonest mouse is dishonest xP
We might. I love your monorail in it :D
:thief: Yeah we'll have some cool stuff for sure. I like the potential of your JR since it includes both an emphasis on the original and the upgrades available from the new (old) terrain...
Draleikosaurez wrote:Drac, whatz your JR about?
My JR is about using the JR Max terrain, gotten for us from devs by Tatu, to create a whole new version of JR in the way of how it might have been made under different guidance and employing the entire original terrain allotted to the level. It is knowingly altered from original Tres in certain ways... And actually, I have a secret new plan in mind for the level (even moreso I'm thinking, now that Tatu is working on his own version), which ties the original levels together in a new way which has not been seen before. Stay posted on more details about that one... ;)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:
Hilwo wrote:
It is in the latest 1.1 version. :)
Check, very nice indeed!! 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:We might. I love your monorail in it :D
What do you mean, his new monorail? Draco, did you add in an actual monorail tram?! The hype is real!

Ah, and tatu. I managed to get the heightmap imported through the process you described - thanks a lot! Too bad the terrain ended up a bit distorted from the 256-color image that was exported. :?
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:We might. I love your monorail in it :D
What do you mean, his new monorail? Draco, did you add in an actual monorail tram?! The hype is real!

Ah, and tatu. I managed to get the heightmap imported through the process you described - thanks a lot! Too bad the terrain ended up a bit distorted from the 256-color image that was exported. :?
No tram sadly, but he used a lot of the original small parts of the monorail (found in the Mystery Models), and created a really nice one!

Sorry to hear that. I have no idea about that, since I don't know how well TresEd handles the creations of heightmaps to wtd. :c

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Monorail got a update? I love those trams but no tram? Dang. I'm sad now......ok. Can't wait to see the new patch level tho!
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?