Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: All New Trespasser Fan Levels

Post by s13n1 »

How quickly it can be done depends on what kind of UV maps it has. If it's an actual Unwrapped UV, if you remove polys, then the unwrap will have to be done again because it's essentially a different model, and the texture won't fit unless it's really simple and you can unwrap it the same.

If it's just a building with simple Tres style UV coordinates, it would be easier, but still a lengthy process if you're talking about a model that has too many polys.

Post a pic of it.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

http://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/detail/sts

There's the link to the picture of the model. There's no texture on it, as you can see. It holds 2476 polygons, which might be easy to shave off to 2048 if you break up the model into smaller parts or take off a few details.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Why not just split it up into separate parts? The engines, for instance, could be made as duplicates of the same mesh...

And then there is this one:

http://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/detail/sso-3ds
It would be great to have it in a Trespasser level...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Well, here it is.

Jurassic Park: Island Series Level 1
Mountain Road

Over 10,000 objects...
Over 17 months in the making (and counting!)...

This is the finished version. If there are any bugs or kinks in the level, PM me and in due time I'll create a patch that'll fix the bugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab7ys ... n_Road.zip

I humbly request this level be featured on the TresCom Levels page. That way we'll show that custom maps are still being made. :)

P.S. If and when the patch is made, can somebody put that on the levels page too?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Your request is hereby denied :P

Nah, I'll let you know once it's done. I'm downloading it right now.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

machf wrote:Your request is hereby denied :P

Nah, I'll let you know once it's done. I'm downloading it right now.

Hey, machf, did you ever get around to downloading this level? :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Downloading it, yes. Uploading it, OTOH...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I noticed the upload limits placed at 10 mbs., machf. Of course, i hadn't noticed until my attempt to upload the level failed.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Uploading to the Trescom site? But aren't there .rar files on that site with file sizes that surpass mine? i.e. the Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets files. Or nem's Trespasser Legacy?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TrespasserGuy wrote:Uploading to the Trescom site? But aren't there .rar files on that site with file sizes that surpass mine? i.e. the Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets files. Or nem's Trespasser Legacy?
Those were uploaded before we changed to WordPress. The limit size came after, but it will be fixed.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Okay, cool. Thanks!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Will review this level once am on a comp which can play Tres... Always good to see new mods. :yes:
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Thanks Draco! I gladly appreciate another review of my level. :)
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Here is my review of some problems. In the largest:(I think) fenced area with the buildings, in the largest building watch out for the bathroom stall doors. If you hit them hard they can go nuts like the doors in the stable:(I guess) near the plantation house:(in another level) and annie might die. Also the dinosaurs never vocalize from a distance. In the retail levels the dinosaurs vocalizing not make the level seem scarier but you can usually guess the position of the dinosaurs. In the tall building from the town level annie can sometimes see through the walls of the building. I think this occurs because the physics for the walls are to far outside the textures for the walls. If you leave this area by following the largest pipes and then the power lines, annie will eventually come to a tunnel blocked with rock a little ways in. If annie goes to the very end with all the rocks:(and tries to move around close to the rocks) trespasser ce may crash. In almost the opposite direction annie may find a heliopad structure with a locker with a gun in it at the top:(apparently one of the very few lockers with a gun in it). If the gun gets stuck with the physics of the heliopad structure, annie can get kicked up high in the air when trying to pick up the gun and then die from falling to far.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

tedmg09130913 wrote:Here is my review of some problems. In the largest:(I think) fenced area with the buildings, in the largest building watch out for the bathroom stall doors. If you hit them hard they can go nuts like the doors in the stable:(I guess) near the plantation house:(in another level) and annie might die. Also the dinosaurs never vocalize from a distance. In the retail levels the dinosaurs vocalizing not make the level seem scarier but you can usually guess the position of the dinosaurs. In the tall building from the town level annie can sometimes see through the walls of the building. I think this occurs because the physics for the walls are to far outside the textures for the walls. If you leave this area by following the largest pipes and then the power lines, annie will eventually come to a tunnel blocked with rock a little ways in. If annie goes to the very end with all the rocks:(and tries to move around close to the rocks) trespasser ce may crash. In almost the opposite direction annie may find a heliopad structure with a locker with a gun in it at the top:(apparently one of the very few lockers with a gun in it). If the gun gets stuck with the physics of the heliopad structure, annie can get kicked up high in the air when trying to pick up the gun and then die from falling to far.
Huh... For me, Trespasser CE never crashed near the blocked tunnel, and I don't think I was ever interpolated into the air by trying to grab the SPAS-12 in that locker. I might have to fix that if more people complain about it. I'll try to fix the generator tower's physics and the bathroom stalls too, perhaps in a patch.