Hi-Res Textures for Trespasser! (Released V0.1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

fastrunner
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Hi-Res Textures for Trespasser! (Released V0.1)

Post by fastrunner »

Wow Great work on these they look great thanks :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am curious, TI - did you use the Mystery Model textures for any of this? Since they are unpaletted and thus less corrupted..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Am curious, TI - did you use the Mystery Model textures for any of this? Since they are unpaletted and thus less corrupted..
I don't think so, for the most part I did some blending and smoothing to get rid of the corruption. Most of the textures were enhanced enough that you can't see the palettization anymore anyhow.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright. Well, consider it a suggestion for future textures. 8)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:This is all well and good but you have to remember the retail engine will blur and pixellate some ground textures. (notably if the terrain is very flat, though this is not always the case I've observed). What needs to be done is find the reason for this in the source and fix it. It's clear that it came up sometime after the PCgamer and E3 prototypes as both these engines don't have this ground texture blurring problem.
Once again for ground textures, I have to reiterate the above.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

How sure are you about this cross analysis with the old versions? Correct me if I'm wrong but they use Software mode, making it difficult to compare with the variations in Hardware mode. My current passing analysis is to surmise that in later builds, steps were taken to add terrain texture detail reduction based on quality settings, the max-tex-dim value, and ingame actual terrain detail (quads according to the detail rendered from the player's perspective). AFAIK, both older and final builds were capable of fully displaying 256^2 terrain texture detail but did so with differing frequencies. Trespasser CE seems to have given us max terrain tex detail at significant distance, such as early builds had, which might be a specific upgrade or a result of the ingame terrain quad detail being increased (or both).
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Awsome work! I'm still working with maps and learning about but I'm more familiar with dinosaurs.