Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Flood control room query

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:I noticed that when I imported the objects. But the river objects line up perfectly with the mountains, and the image above shows them as being 3D blocks. Is it possible that this image is from ANOTHER version of PL? And yeah, some of the objects actually line up a bit with parts of the IT terrain, but others are just sort of floating at a much higher elevation than most of the island, which seems very strange indeed.
If the green box is indeed the player start area, that means the player did actually leave the Town through the Southern gate, proceed down a long valley to the coast (Wafer Bay, as I recall from the actual Cocos Island terrain), then jump over the cliffs and enter the Plains level. Which means the Plains were even larger than I previously thought...gah!
Still looking into it - I'm currently posting my findings under the Pre-Release thread.
Nah, we only have one version of Plains. Those are streambeds, looking at the Max file right now. However, they are not boxes so it might be shadow or something on that picture.

Also looking at the green box, apparently it is not starting area, or it is only named Box01, bit I believe it did link up somewhere close to town. I'm pretty sure Plains was suppose to start at the southern, as the IT Max files have a box saying that is the part where the level ends "!Level Ends".
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nah, we only have one version of Plains. Those are streambeds, looking at the Max file right now. However, they are not boxes so it might be shadow or something on that picture.
Hmm. The developers did have a knack for building streams on the sides of mountains (just look at PH!), but it really seems to me that some of those are not streams. The one in the center might be, but all of the others line up with various mountain ranges that have been present over all builds. It's possible those were just placeholder objects, or that they intended to use the same textures for the cliffs as they did the streams.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:I noticed that when I imported the objects. But the river objects line up perfectly with the mountains, and the image above shows them as being 3D blocks. Is it possible that this image is from ANOTHER version of PL? And yeah, some of the objects actually line up a bit with parts of the IT terrain, but others are just sort of floating at a much higher elevation than most of the island, which seems very strange indeed.
If the green box is indeed the player start area, that means the player did actually leave the Town through the Southern gate, proceed down a long valley to the coast (Wafer Bay, as I recall from the actual Cocos Island terrain), then jump over the cliffs and enter the Plains level. Which means the Plains were even larger than I previously thought...gah!
Still looking into it - I'm currently posting my findings under the Pre-Release thread.
Yep, those are just terrain textures... I think you're seeing their shadows on the flat plane.
Also looking at the green box, apparently it is not starting area, or it is only named Box01, bit I believe it did link up somewhere close to town. I'm pretty sure Plains was suppose to start at the southern, as the IT Max files have a box saying that is the part where the level ends "!Level Ends".
It does lie somewhere close outside one of the (unused in the retail) gates in the town...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

It does lie somewhere close outside one of the (unused in the retail) gates in the town...
machf, take a look at the post I made under the Pre-Release forum about PL. I took screenshots of the level imported into my full Sorna level, and the black box is right on the coast to the east of IT's unused Southern Gate.
HaroldRedwood
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by HaroldRedwood »

Lots of interesting theories. Some right, some just theory, I do say. Can someone provide a link to a level which has these objects imported into it?