Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Post by TheIdiot »

I thought about cutting out a doorway into a room on either side myself and adding "WHAT IS A DINOSAUR?" and "THE MESOZOIC WORLD" displays from the book (maybe use some of the visitor center concept art to make those two rooms).When I get back to it will try and get the kitchen/cafe finished and then look at what to do next.
Hmm, wouldn't those doorways on the sides of the lobby lead into the turrents? Perhaps those could be mini-rotundas with the said displays? Also, you might want to look into including an elevator somewhere, since it seems logical that there would be one considering the ramp on the outside. Another possibility could be bathrooms in there as well. :) I actually always assumed that the round windows on the ground level would be the displays you mentioned.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Post by vagrantart »

Progress!.A little progress anyway..

Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

Jup, Gorgeous!

Off topic, today i red the comments on your IndiDB page. Quite funny stuff people put there. I am not sure if some people are just trolling, don't get it or are simply plain stupid.
Then again, there is a lot of interest in your project and it generates quite some buzz. So that's nice to see.
Correct me if im wrong. But do people not read the summary or didn't you go into full detail there as to what your plans are with this project?
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I must have answered the same questions hundreds of times by now,and I mean that literally! even if you put a description on the actual image people wont read it.
I posted a link to a image gallery on r/dinosaurs (reddit) last week not thinking much of it,well someone posted it on r/gaming and it went to the top and made it to the front page..interesting experience that was.800,000 views,thousand comments,emails and a bunch of different sites re-posting also.
I tried to answer as many questions as possible because I know most people are just interested but some people..well you can guess.It was actually really stressful (seriously some of the msg's I got were pretty bad to say the least),learned a few lessons anyway.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

vagrantart wrote:I must have answered the same questions hundreds of times by now,and I mean that literally! even if you put a description on the actual image people wont read it.
Add a FAQ and just forward them to that :wink:
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I tried that at a while back,answered the top questions I kept getting and pinned it to the top on facebook but never worked.Think I did it twice actually and 'I CURRENTLY DON'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE.' in caps on the facebook 'about' thing...and everyday I get msg's 'when's it out'..'start a kickstarter'..'is this a game'.
I'm at the point now where I have to ignore some of it and get on with the actual work or copy paste answers.Cant believe it ever got any attention really,I only started it because I was bored and wanted to learn Cryengine when I got a new PC but it's funny I suppose that it all started here on trescom really.I need to post some images here like exclusively or something and link them to facebook sometime.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Just tell them It´s done when it´s done. Stop asking or we´ll shoot this dog!
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

I'm glad that this project is still going! I could care less about the time it'd take to finish it, just keep it somewhat going without giving up on it. :)
Nicolas
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Nicolas »

Looks absolutely awesome! Can't wait for more updates!
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Haven't updated in a long time,bunch of different reasons for that and the lack of progress will post about sometime with some more info.
Here's an album with a couple of images I was messing about with ages ago,I was trying to make images similar to the GTA5 photo mode ones you might of seen.

http://imgur.com/gallery/XJtrc
Last edited by vagrantart on Tue May 19, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicolas
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Nicolas »

Those artistic screenshots look amazing !
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

I agree, it's like you are only satisfied when there is nothing left in a model that looks a bit off. Proportions, colors, materials. It all looks very believable. If it weren't for the license, I could understand those asking you to start a Kickstarter campaign and team up with people for sound, music and coding. Although as we see with Stomping Lands it also needs a business plan and proper management to get a game out before the money is out. :P
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

vagrantart wrote:I must have answered the same questions hundreds of times by now,and I mean that literally! even if you put a description on the actual image people wont read it.
I posted a link to a image gallery on r/dinosaurs (reddit) last week not thinking much of it,well someone posted it on r/gaming and it went to the top and made it to the front page..interesting experience that was.800,000 views,thousand comments,emails and a bunch of different sites re-posting also.
I tried to answer as many questions as possible because I know most people are just interested but some people..well you can guess.It was actually really stressful (seriously some of the msg's I got were pretty bad to say the least),learned a few lessons anyway.
Haha, don't you just love it?

Every comment on my blog must be approved. Some of the ones i hold back are brutal. There are some epic twats out there who have never, and will never, do anything positive with their time. The only thing they can do that gets any kind of reaction is be negative. Its why stories about bending iphones exist. Negative gets you clicks.

It seems the more you elaborate on a subject, the less people read.
They see lots of words, get bored and drift off to the pictures then immediately type a question.

You've got some lovely shots here mate.

Nice work!
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

vagrantart wrote:
s13n1 wrote:Some really beautiful work here!
Thanks,off topic but wanted to ask- How's oculus rift been for you?,did you ever get it working with Cryengine?

Spoiler alert- guess what I got this week and am thinking.
Really overdue here, but no.

Its one of the reasons i sold it and never did anything with CE3. They were way too late to the VR party.

First gen Rift was too low res for me to really enjoy it. Dont get me wrong, the 3D effect is mind bending, but i'll wait till there is proper head tracking.

I modded the screen with some lamination and "3dfx'd" the pixels so they bled into each other and blurred out the screen door effect somewhat, but the lack of proper head tracking made me sick whenever the game character or i made a movement that didn't match what i was seeing. Instant motion sickness.

There were some hacks that apparently got the rift working in the versions of CE3 that was around back then, but they were hacks and were in no way reliable.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Couldn't agree more,I got a dk2 and within maybe 20 mins I felt sick.I was pretty gutted to be honest,it's so over hyped and as soon as I tried it I knew that but hoped I would get past it but sold it eventually.
Tried everything to get rift working with cryengine but had no luck,got it working in Unity in under 10 mins.

I love the way the cryengine makes games look but in all honesty I think its no use for actual development due to lack of support. Cryengine has always had a slightly elitist vibe to me but that's no use when you start getting into the real guts of game-play and find out some basics are broken never mind anything complex.I regret not learning Unreal instead all the time but don't have the sort of free time to spend on it now.

At the moment things have slowed to a halt to be honest,time is always the main one but few other things came up (the reddit thing threw a lot of stuff).
I'm aiming to get some footage out for JP world at least if I can,more for my self than anything else,to see where I am with it and where I should go..the whole facebook thing is more of a stress than anything else and a lot of the commenter's seem to think showing the project gets me something out of it..which is the opposite,it takes up time I could be learning or working on portfolio stuff.