Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

What have you always wanted to know?

Post by tatu »

Trespasser was both unfinished and contains alot of mystery stuff. We all got things we want to know about the game.

What would you like to know?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: What have you always wanted to know?

Post by makairu »

I want to know how it would play as a survival horror, like it was originally going to be.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Where's the source?!
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, that's a good one...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

What were the missing levels like?
Niall
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Niall »

Is Trespasser a Sequel to tha Lost World Book, Or the last World film?

Because It show's more traits that are Relevant to the book. (The motor Cycle, BioTech Helicopter etc) than the Film. But its called the 'Digital sucessor to The lost world' as in the film. Im just wondering. Because Ive read the book and seen the film I want to know which one Trespasser is the 'sequel' to. I say its the book. But I want to know if it was Officialy annoused.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

That's an interesting question! I think they probably took some aspects/inspirations from both. But I think the game is definitely a sequel to the movies. After all, the "hunters" weren't in the Lost World novel (in the novel it was just three BioSyn guys, wasn't it?) and Hammond had died in the first book and thus wouldn't be speaking to the player about the trial. And I suppose there are other things, like the design of many of the Trespasser town buildings being based on those shown in the movie town. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything in the game that was exclusive to the novel (apart from the motorcycle ... and aren't we just speculating that it is the one used by Sarah in the novel?)... was DX mentioned in retail Trespasser, or just in the TC levels? Perhaps the geothermal plant ... I remember it was in the novel, but didn't Hammond also mention such a plant at the start of TLW movie?

I'd love to hear what the developers have to say about this sort of stuff - what canon they got their inspiration from, how limited were they in what they could/couldn't add, etc.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The motorcycles are the ones used by the hunters...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draycos
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Draycos »

Christopher wrote:That's an interesting question! I think they probably took some aspects/inspirations from both. But I think the game is definitely a sequel to the movies. After all, the "hunters" weren't in the Lost World novel (in the novel it was just three BioSyn guys, wasn't it?) and Hammond had died in the first book and thus wouldn't be speaking to the player about the trial. And I suppose there are other things, like the design of many of the Trespasser town buildings being based on those shown in the movie town. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything in the game that was exclusive to the novel (apart from the motorcycle ... and aren't we just speculating that it is the one used by Sarah in the novel?)... was DX mentioned in retail Trespasser, or just in the TC levels? Perhaps the geothermal plant ... I remember it was in the novel, but didn't Hammond also mention such a plant at the start of TLW movie?

I'd love to hear what the developers have to say about this sort of stuff - what canon they got their inspiration from, how limited were they in what they could/couldn't add, etc.
Hammond didn't mention the geothermal plant but Ludlow did after they rescued Ian and them from the trailer and were standing in the middle of the wrecked InGen camp. I believe he said "Hammond had it rigged for geothermal power, it was never meant to need replenishing."

Personally I would like to know how you can properly play the game on a PC whith the specs listed on the jewel case. (lol i've tried, jerky as hell) and i agree with jetblack, i would love to see the cut levels like plantation house.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Where were these screenshots from?
ImageNamed "bldg.jpg"
ImageThis one was originaly alled "view.jpg" in the TresTeam site, with ALT text "River", the title of the window is "Walkway"
ImageThis one is named "walkway.jpg"
ImageOriginally named "floor.jpg", ALT text "Ravine" and "Building Interior"
ImageNamed "shadow.jpg"
The building's interior is featured in the MPEG trailer found in the Windows 98 CD too...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Similarly, where were these other screenshots from?
ImageOriginally named "ravine.jpg"

That place is also featured in the MPEG trailer.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What about these?
shot4big.gif
shot4big.gif (196.43 KiB) Viewed 12735 times
shot2big_[1].gif
shot2big_[1].gif (244.57 KiB) Viewed 12735 times
This area appears to be called "lagoon". Some think the pictures may have been flipped, as the InGen logo appear backwards in the crates, but it may be that the texture was flipped...
IMAGE001.jpg
IMAGE001.jpg (108.32 KiB) Viewed 12736 times
SHOT4BIG.jpg
SHOT4BIG.jpg (142.13 KiB) Viewed 12736 times
SHOT2BIG_[1].jpg
SHOT2BIG_[1].jpg (219.18 KiB) Viewed 12736 times
In the last image, there is a structure visible which is also in the first image of the "view" building set...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Where was this one from? This one with the shack amidst pine trees:
It appears to be the same place where in the MPEG trailer the T-Rex upsets the cola vending machine (which wouldn't be visible from this angle).
This other one may also be from the same area:
ImageImage
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Image Looks very much like AS1, although not exactly the same.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, the idea is to ask the developers, right?